How To Say "i Care For You"

KhunLing

or something like:

khun bpen kon dee na...ja mai leum tur dtalot bpai.

You are a good person, I won't ever forget you. Automatically implying that while she is good (compliment) that in saying you won't forget her also means that she isn't going to move up beyond anything other than gik status.

reading the other suggestions Id say the above by steve makes the most sense....the thai wordings used are also nice and pleasant enough, yet gets the message across well that you cannot and will not have anything more to do with her.....

ofcourse this is based on assumption that is what u have in mind...if u were looking to maintain relationship with her...then i got nothing to recommend.

What I really meant was, what does "gik" mean? I've never seen this word before.

Thanks,

G

As i understand it, its basically 'Friend with benefits' - like a shag buddy, no real relationship there except bedroom activities/friends

What I really meant was, what does "gik" mean? I've never seen this word before.

Thanks,

G

"gik"? a-rai na?

G

Gik mmmmmmm กิ๊ก

If only but I am not smart enough to handle 1 not alone a 2nd :D:D:D:o

Sorry grtaylor,

กิ๊ก or gik has been a topic of discussion in a previous thread.

This is what I posted as to the meaning.

I think you will find that กิ๊ก means more like casual girlfriend or boyfriend or maybe an intimate friend. Not sex buddy. I am sure if you smiled cheekishly when saying it you could portray that message.

Some people believe that it is only used with boyfirend or girlfriend with sex in mind but I dont agree. You can have a gik for years and not have sex.(thats not saying I am correct)

My sister inlaw had a gik for 2 years. never called him her boyfriend as he was just a filler until Mr. right came along. (but never had a boyfriend at the time)

I think it was rtikker that gave this good defintion

มากกว่าเพื่อน แต่ไม่ใช่แฟน more than friends but not quite boyfriend/girlfriend

ITR :D

Edited by In the Rai!

It is better to say " pom khor toad na gubb reuang meu keun nunn tae waa pom mee paan-ra-ya laew lae pom gor rak paan-ra-ya pom maag, pom waa rao pen peun gunn dee gua na "

IT MEANS :

I am so sorry for what had happened the other night but I am married and I love my wife very much. I think we should just be frends.

--------------------------------------------------

Khun pen kon dee kon neung nai sai ta khong pom lae pom gor mai sia jai tee dai roo jak khun tae waa pom taeng ngaan laew.

MEANS:

You are a good person and I don't regret to have known you but I am married.

I suggest that you should mention your wife's name or praise your wife whenever you engage a conversation with your Thai friend to show her how much you love your wife. Unless you have feelings towards this Thai lady but you have to choose ONE !

I care for you = pom pen huang khun

BUT REMEMBER .... Once you slept with a Thai lady you are automatically her boyfriend or even husband regardless :D

Baen :o

Edited by baennaenae

Thanks In the Rai - now I understand :D

G

Thanks,

G

"gik"? a-rai na?

G

Gik mmmmmmm กิ๊ก

If only but I am not smart enough to handle 1 not alone a 2nd :D:D:D:o

Sorry grtaylor,

กิ๊ก or gik has been a topic of discussion in a previous thread.

This is what I posted as to the meaning.

I think you will find that กิ๊ก means more like casual girlfriend or boyfriend or maybe an intimate friend. Not sex buddy. I am sure if you smiled cheekishly when saying it you could portray that message.

Some people believe that it is only used with boyfirend or girlfriend with sex in mind but I dont agree. You can have a gik for years and not have sex.(thats not saying I am correct)

My sister inlaw had a gik for 2 years. never called him her boyfriend as he was just a filler until Mr. right came along. (but never had a boyfriend at the time)

I think it was rtikker that gave this good defintion

มากกว่าเพื่อน แต่ไม่ใช่แฟน more than friends but not quite boyfriend/girlfriend

ITR :bah:

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks,

G

As i understand it, its basically 'Friend with benefits' - like a shag buddy, no real relationship there except bedroom activities/friends

It means 'lover friend' thai slang, a person who is very special to you and is more than a friend but not quite a girlfriend / boyfriend (although it may lead to it). It also means its someone you sleep with but not always for sex. We would call it 'A lover' in english. Some may mistake this with with the USA slang 'F%%k buddy.' which its not, or usually isn't.

A thai girl actually told me that. Having more than one gik at the same time is usually a no-no as the girl tends to want to be the only one of the gik status.

Just say 'Phom rak khun mai dai mae wa chawp khun peaun dai.'

See if that cools her heels.

Edited by JimsKnight

KhunLing I only read your posts and skip the rest.

I'd like to say that you also seems to get into her. And i don't think that your Mrs. can acccept it afterall. If your friend is a decent girl, you should leave her. even you both hurt but it is for your own goods (both of you). 1) you don't destroy your family and 2) she won't be named as a marriage crasher or the third hand or whatever.

She's in love so you must be strong and realize what is the correct way to do. If you don't realize, nobody can help because this is about two of you. How to? You have to get rid her off your life if she's too hot. maybe you have to even end your friendship if she can't accept it. If you think she's real hot, one day she will meet a guy who wants to marry her for sure except you're too greedy to let her go. I strongly recommend to NOT hold her with you because everybody including your wife will hurt.

She might be happy to be your gik at this moment but sooner or later, she will want more and more and you get in more trouble, mate. Being a gik or a secret wife has no dignity or pride. If she's a 'decent' girl, she can't be patient for long. If you love her much enough, leave her for her own good. Love is also about sacrifice.