5-meter-long python found at Phuket resort

webfact

5-meter-long python found at Phuket resort
Phuket Gazette

p1.jpeg
The snake was taken back to the rescue center before being released in the Nakkerd Hills. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Rescue workers caught a 5-meter-long python at a Phuket resort yesterday.

“It took five members of our team about an hour and a half to catch the 90-kilogram snake,” said Phuket Ruamjai Rescue Foundation Chief Saiyan Thamaphan.

Hotel employees called on rescue workers to help, fearing that the enormous reptile might make its way into the the hotel building.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/5meterlong-python-found-Phuket-resort/62624?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-12-15

He's a beauty.

How did they manage to uncoil him like that? Sedated?

Yes -- a beauty indeed.

Sedated would be good -- less stress on the animal. Then back to the rescue center to let the effects wear off before being released into the wild. It's a much better fate for the snake than being eaten in an Isaan village. I'd say.

Many years ago, a six metre python came crashing down through the ceiling of my house in Kluaynamthai. Part of my bedroom ceiling broke around 3 am, revealing the beautiful skin of the culprit. Not being able to locate the python, we assumed it had left the scene. The builders came in, fixed the bedroom ceiling and painted it along with the bathroom while they were at it. The day after they had finished, I noticed that the bathroom ceiling was a severe downward bulge. The rescue team used steel poles to break the bathroom ceiling, and then massive best came tumbling down. There was a moment of panic, as the ceiling breakers fled the scene, slammed the bathroom door shut and then leaned heavily against it. Eventually they recovered their composure, and proceeded to the next step.

Two men put a noose around the head, and another two a noose around the tail. Others joined in to pull the snake as straight as possible. the head team pulled their end out of the bathroom, through the bedroom, turned right to go onto the veranda, then right again to head for the stairs. A U-turn was required halfway down the stairs, and then straight across the open living space. The tail end was still in the bedroom as the head reached the bottom of the stairs. As the head end was well into the garden, the noose at that end fell off. Those at the tail end, with some quick thinking, wrapped the tail around one of my house columns. The body of the snake flipped dramatically from left to right, but they were eventually able to resecure the head.

With the full team keeping the python as straight a possible, the head was introduced into a large sack. At that point the python had given up and feeding the rest of the body into the sack was not too onerous. However lifting the sack to put into the back of the police vehicle was obviously quite a challenge.

The whole process, from ceiling smashing to sack detention, took about three hours.

My landlord to photos from a safe distance, from which we were able to establish the length of the python. Nobody thought to employ a tape-measure during the process of arrest.

Many years ago, a six metre python came crashing down through the ceiling of my house in Kluaynamthai. Part of my bedroom ceiling broke around 3 am, revealing the beautiful skin of the culprit. Not being able to locate the python, we assumed it had left the scene. The builders came in, fixed the bedroom ceiling and painted it along with the bathroom while they were at it. The day after they had finished, I noticed that the bathroom ceiling was a severe downward bulge. The rescue team used steel poles to break the bathroom ceiling, and then massive best came tumbling down. There was a moment of panic, as the ceiling breakers fled the scene, slammed the bathroom door shut and then leaned heavily against it. Eventually they recovered their composure, and proceeded to the next step.

Two men put a noose around the head, and another two a noose around the tail. Others joined in to pull the snake as straight as possible. the head team pulled their end out of the bathroom, through the bedroom, turned right to go onto the veranda, then right again to head for the stairs. A U-turn was required halfway down the stairs, and then straight across the open living space. The tail end was still in the bedroom as the head reached the bottom of the stairs. As the head end was well into the garden, the noose at that end fell off. Those at the tail end, with some quick thinking, wrapped the tail around one of my house columns. The body of the snake flipped dramatically from left to right, but they were eventually able to resecure the head.

With the full team keeping the python as straight a possible, the head was introduced into a large sack. At that point the python had given up and feeding the rest of the body into the sack was not too onerous. However lifting the sack to put into the back of the police vehicle was obviously quite a challenge.

The whole process, from ceiling smashing to sack detention, took about three hours.

My landlord to photos from a safe distance, from which we were able to establish the length of the python. Nobody thought to employ a tape-measure during the process of arrest.

And then I woke up and said, What a strange dream!

OMG, it seems every month there's another one of these monster snakes found, please tell me it's the same one that keeps being released back into the wild and that there's not really loads of these things around. ohmy.png

Those are just the numerous babies from a large family. Wait until you meet the parents and grandparents!

OMG, it seems every month there's another one of these monster snakes found, please tell me it's the same one that keeps being released back into the wild and that there's not really loads of these things around. ohmy.png

Those are just the numerous babies from a large family. Wait until you meet the parents and grandparents!

clap2.gif