Analgesic for Liver Problems

canthai55

Done some searching on the Web. Seems NSAID's are a big No-No. Acetaminophen (paracetamol, Tylenol, et al) seems to be the preferred over the counter pain med. Anyone have a favorite - or option - ? Only required for the odd headache, and my old knee acts up sometimes, needs a little shot of Doctor Feelgood. Thanks

Frankly all analgesics are metabolized in the liver so should try to avoid, I suggest instead non-pharnacological measures such as massage, applications of heat or cold, or use of a TENs unit. These are usually well abl;e to relieve headaches and knee pain etc.

If it is really unbearable and you must take something, then paracetemol is the least worst option but should keep to low dosage and very, very infrequent.

Frankly all analgesics are metabolized in the liver so should try to avoid, I suggest instead non-pharnacological measures such as massage, applications of heat or cold, or use of a TENs unit. These are usually well abl;e to relieve headaches and knee pain etc.

If it is really unbearable and you must take something, then paracetemol is the least worst option but should keep to low dosage and very, very infrequent.

Many thanks for your reply. I was diagnosed with Hep C over 25 years ago when I stopped drinking. Monthly liver function test performed for about 2 years and showed a gradual lessening of impaired function. Finally levelled off, and not been rising (touch wood)

Also had ulcers for years, slight discomfort, prescribed Ran-Pantaprazole for this but take very infrequently, 200 pills last almost 4 years.

How does this machine look to you ?

http://www.tensunits.com/product/DI8195.html

Edited by canthai55

No idea about that particular machine but most of them work fine. There are much cheaper models available but as with anything else, cheaper ones do not last as long.

Anything that results in a palpable electrical jolt will work. Placement of the electrodes is a matter if trial and error.