Best Eggs Benedict in BKK any suggestions?

Rhys

Dunno about EB in Bangkok specifically but I've tried it all over the country and haven't found a place yet that can make the hollandaise sauce correctly.

I suspect they use lime instead of lemon, so it doesn't taste right. They also seem to favour a gluggy consistency that means they rushed the process and used to much heat. I've made it myself in the past and it's way better than anything I've tasted here

But as an EB officianado I now get my daughter to send me over a 500ml packet of commercially made sauce once a month and I just make the EB at home using the bread/bacon/salmon/spinach of my choice. And I include a hash brown in the stack as well - beautiful!!

The sauce is long life and tastes great but I've never seen hollandaise sauce sold in Thailand. You can buy 149 varieties of mayo and salad dressing, but no hollandaise sauce.

Good luck on the hunt.

I like

Kuppa (also Kuppa Deli) - Kuppa is on Sukh soi 16

Bourbon street is fine. But nothing special. They have a hotel upstairs. So everything has service charge, VAT, and so on. Look at your bill next time. It is over priced, in my opinion. And the coffee is mediocre, so good thing they only charge 60 +++

Chu is fairly good. They always get the eggs perfect. Great location. Very convenient.

Only drawback is the noise, prices are high, and seats are not comfortable. Wood chairs or those stupid couches for lounging designed for people who are 150 cm tall. Awkward. It would be a nice idea if the furniture were made for taller folks.

Foodland, Sukhumvit soi 5 !!!!

Option a: you never had any decent EB, option b: your taste is somehow strange

I eat a lot in Foodland Soi 5 and lots of their meals taste good and are affordable (not as good as years ago but still ok). EB is definitely not one of their signature dishes, I guess they don’t have a clue how they are supposed to look like and taste.