Why do Some Threads Simply Vanish ?

allane

Posted at about 6:00 a.m. today in the Thai Language Forum; an innocuous reply to an innocuous question about the need to master tones when speaking Thai. I can't imagine that anyone would have taken offence to it. This not the first time this has happened. As to the matter of immediate, duplicate postings; I have had that happen previously too, and don't know why. I have no reason to post the same item twice. I did notice once that the second posting was reformatted to accommodate an ad. Maybe this explains that.

To recognize a spammer, hover your mouse over their user name and see how long they've been a member of the forum, and in particular if the post you are responding to is their first post since joining, they usually make their first within the first few minutes of joining the forum. They tend to have a short shelf life.

I posted a video in the Best of videos forum on Wednesday evening and it had about 100 views and a reply comment. Then on Thursday about lunchtime the same video was posted by Thaivisa Video. I made a report after 10 minutes after it was uploaded asking for the duplicate post to be deleted but have just noticed that my post has vanished? No closed thread, link the threads together, a change of topic title or a message saying "thanks for posting but......"

Sometimes i wonder why i bother.

Edited by Boycie

Also - -what is a "hidden post" that I am not allowed to reply to? like this one...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879648-thailand-losing-out-on-potential-retirees/

As that member's choice of user name was inappropriate, until his name is changed, his topic has been hidden.

Fair enough, was he told to change his nick? It's a topic of considerable interest to some of us ;)

I got a notification that Maestro had posted in this thread 8 hours ago ermm.gif But on searching for his comments, its simply vanished! laugh.png

Sorry Maestro, could you please post again.thumbsup.gif

I posted something in the wrong topic, a minute or two later realised my mistake and removed my post.