• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Fed interest rate hike expected to push down gold prices

Fed interest rate hike expected to push down gold prices

gold.jpg

BANGKOK, 15 December 2015 (NNT) - The Gold Traders Association (GTA) says the US Federal Reserve's interest rate hike this month will cause a drop in gold prices.

GTA President Jitti Tangsitpakdi cited gold prices on Tuesday morning, which plummeted by 50 baht to 18,250 baht per baht weight, slightly buoyed by currency inflation.

He pointed out other negative factors, like the supply glut of oil that has depressed global oil prices and the worldwide economic slowdown.

Mr. Jitti forecast that global gold prices will fall somewhere between 1,060 and 1,200 US dollars per ounce, while domestic prices will be between 17,500 and 20,500 baht per baht weight, provided that the Thai currency holds at 36 baht per dollar. Therefore, he also expects most gold buying to be short-term investments.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-15 footer_n.gif

Therefore, he also expects most gold buying to be short-term investments. ?????? Really and the alternative funny money will soar?. Give me a break. It has become apparent to me that in government circles, banking circles, there is a real effort to talk gold down further to tarnish it and thus keep our attention on funny money. The Chinese are increasing gold purchases can they be wrong. Gold vs the Yankee greenback? While all this propaganda has got us scratching our heads Central Bankers etc. are backing up the trucks. Look at gold/silver coin sales by mints they can hardly keep up with production. All this funny paper gold in circulation is also skewering the market. Its backed up from what I have heard 1 ounce of pure gold to 300 ounces of paper. Governments are partnering in these ripoffs and distorting the market. Do you think the Fed wants gold as an alternative to their so called "Federal Reserve Currency" Does it still read " In The Fed We Trust" The feathers will fly when the chickens come home to roost.

Edited by elgordo38

Any news is reason to push the Gold price down , the last 4 years.

December is nearly always a month that the Gold price is hammered , this year aided by the "rate hike" excuse. 30 & 31 dec will be options expiring & delivering days , end of year , half year & trimester, the lowest price of the year , and the best time to buy if you have some extra money you don't need and want to keep out of the stealing bankers hands.

I have been waiting a long time for gold to fall below $1000 an ounce... I sold my 'haul' in 2012 at $1,750 and kept USD instead.

Even though I have earned less than $10 interest since, I am still far better off for selling. Not one to try and 'play' the market I rather wait to go long again, 950 being the price I set 3 years ago. Either that or change to Yuan as I can see that being manipulated mercilessly in China's favor soon...

The Thai gold pricing is just like everything else here - it is designed to confuse and has no basis in reality. I hoped some day there may be a sudden swing in exchange rate, at the same time as a gold price change which may lead to a good buying opportunity, but then I realised that would be like trying to take money from a career criminal, don't bother...

Gold has been a preferred store of wealth for centuries...when the economic/financial house of cards collapses...gold will soar...paper money is already almost worthless...governments keep printing more to pay off unsustainable debt...gold will win in the end...