• Latest posts...

1. 0

Thailand's Rapid Flood Recovery Earns Praise from Prime Minister

2. 1,095

Its Happening - Law to Tax Overseas Income Now in Progress

3. 24

Starmer Balances Economic Growth and Fairness Amid Tensions in Labour's Approach

4. 661

Harris Lies, Americans Die. Illegal Aliens are more Important

5. 15

Kamala Harris Prosecutor Past Draws Scrutiny

6. 37

Window Seat for Sleeping.

7. 31

This web browser is the fastest ever used, it is lightning speed - Carbon web browser

8. 580

Pattaya Bar/Go-Go Death Watch

9. 1

Has anyone driven their motorcycle from Pattaya/Chonburi/Sattahip to Singapore

10. 0

So I employed a Thai plumber ...

11. 22

DIY Cheap Charlie

12. 2

More Tv's To The Thai People

13. 8

DNA Analysis Uncovers Grisly Details of Doomed Arctic Expedition

14. 49

Saint Barack lectures black men

Crowded Immigration.

NoshowJones

I went to the Chonburi Immigration last Friday about 14.00Hrs, to get my visa stamp corrected, there were hundreds of

people there, no not about fifty or sixty, more like about three hundred.

Surely all these people were not going to be attended to in the next three hours.

Is the Immigration always that busy? I just walked away.

I went to Jontiem immigration 3 times last week, twice the cue was out the door.

And after 3 attempts, I still didn't achieve what I went in there to do, mainly because the lady processing my application had no customer service skills and a terrible attitude, I would best describe her using a four lettered word starting with a C.

In the end I paid and agent an extra 600 baht to do it for me. Unfortunately come next month I have to go back there and try again.

Fridays and Mondays are always bad days to go...especially in a week with holidays as the same amount of work has to be crammed into fewer days. It's also the depth of high-season so supposedly lots of folks about (but you couldn't tell by looking around). I went to Banglamung LTO office today to make a license and received an appointment to come back on December 30th for testing! There was probably 100-150 people there too.

Have a look at the calendar.

Its called high season.

Same old soup as every year.

Don't ask me what exactly is the correlation.

What do all the tourists, winter fugitives want there?

I remember well a lot of praises (threads) about the quick and easy service in Jomtien.

Must have been in September tongue.png

Well us people who live here,know when and when not to go,so one day you may learn ,and the girls at the desk have always been polite to me

LOL, so keep it a secret?

I find mid-afternoon mid-week is a good time. Not straight after or before lunch time. Straight after lunch they are taking care of a lot of people who they couldn't get through before lunch.

Its called high season.

I remember well a lot of praises (threads) about the quick and easy service in Jomtien.

The long waits and lines are for people seeking tourist visa and 30-day entry stamp extensions. The lines for "retirement" extensions and other services a local would need are generally not long, even now, For example, I needed a residence cert. last week and was there in mid-morning and there were a hundred or more people milling about and they were telling new extension arrivals to come back after lunch. However, I was in and out in 15 minutes.

That makes sense. Jomtien has its tourist peak season. Same every year.

In September I sneaked in (although its not my office, they have a clean toilet rolleyes.gif ) and it didn't look too crowded.

Compared to Khon Kaen (four desks) its another dimension of course.

Its called high season.

The long waits and lines are for people seeking tourist visa and 30-day entry stamp extensions. The lines for "retirement" extensions and other services a local would need are generally not long, even now, For example, I needed a residence cert. last week and was there in mid-morning and there were a hundred or more people milling about and they were telling new extension arrivals to come back after lunch. However, I was in and out in 15 minutes.

How much are they charging for the residence certificate now?

Did my 90 day yesterday pm.........there were 20 ahead of me.....so it took an hour.....but hey ho....

the Immigration people have it "all to do"....

It's just a matter of "Jai Yen Yen" this time of the year......usually I am in and out in 5 minutes

I guess it could help if they had one officer dealing with "bar coded" renewals only......"as a lot of yesterdays delay was caused by two applicants with complications

In general the service at Immigration is so. Much better than a year or so ago.......

Good on them ?

Did my 90 day yesterday pm.........there were 20 ahead of me.....so it took an hour.....but hey ho....

It's just a matter of "Jai Yen Yen" this time of the year......usually I am in and out in 5 minutes

I guess it could help if they had one officer dealing with "bar coded" renewals only......"as a lot of yesterdays delay was caused by two applicants with complications

In general the service at Immigration is so. Much better than a year or so ago.......

Good on them ?

The female officer who does the 90 days has been there for many years. Next time strike a friendly chat for her to remember you and you will not even need a ticket.

I no longer need the ticket or to wait, she knows me from past chats, when sees me, just waives me over, takes passport, quick scan, print and all donebiggrin.png

300 THB

There are people claiming this should be free. Do they issue an official receipt?

The old jokes are always the best. biggrin.png

It should be free. Some branches of Immigration actually indicate this on noticeboards (or did).

Receipts are NEVER issued for these certificates and so the money surely does not form part of the documented revenue of the office.

Good on them ?

The female officer who does the 90 days has been there for many years. Next time strike a friendly chat for her to remember you and you will not even need a ticket.

I no longer need the ticket or to wait, she knows me from past chats, when sees me, just waives me over, takes passport, quick scan, print and all donebiggrin.png

So, all the people that may know or not know the same immigration officer, but who have followed correct procedure and are waiting patiently for their turn are queue jumped by you because what? You are more important, or have you been living here too long and have the Thai "me first" disease?

Take a ticket and wait in the queue.

300 THB

There are people claiming this should be free. Do they issue an official receipt?

The old jokes are always the best. biggrin.png

It should be free. Some branches of Immigration actually indicate this on noticeboards (or did).

Receipts are NEVER issued for these certificates and so the money surely does not form part of the documented revenue of the office.

Have you ever gone to Jomtien Immigration and stated that you don't want to pay because it should be free?.. or asked for an official receipt?

You should be able to call them out for not issuing an official receipt. Maybe one day when I'm done with Thailand I may try this, just for the heck of it.

Good on them ?

So, all the people that may know or not know the same immigration officer, but who have followed correct procedure and are waiting patiently for their turn are queue jumped by you because what? You are more important, or have you been living here too long and have the Thai "me first" disease?

Take a ticket and wait in the queue.

You pretty much got it , I am more important.

Sheep can wait in line and I do not

Such as life , some do and some whine about the ones who do ;)

I feel sorry for the two doing 90 day extensions. Its the same for about 3 years. I think they must find themselves doing it in their sleep.

Guy looks miserable and never friendly , the female always smiling and friendly .

Some enjoy their job and some just come to get paid

Have you ever gone to Jomtien Immigration and stated that you don't want to pay because it should be free?.. or asked for an official receipt?

You should be able to call them out for not issuing an official receipt. Maybe one day when I'm done with Thailand I may try this, just for the heck of it.

I haven't needed a residence certificate for several years. The last one I got was 200B and I had the option of waiting a few days and getting it for nothing.

If I ever need one again I will indeed see what I can do about the cost.

I always thought B300 was a bit high for what should be a free service, but then I read on another forum that Hua Hin charges B500. It's all relative, I guess.

Go to the British Embassy and the last I heard it was 2.800. But that's the UK for you.

I haven't needed a residence certificate for several years. The last one I got was 200B and I had the option of waiting a few days and getting it for nothing.

I've heard that, too: That if you can wait a few weeks (I heard three....) you get it for free. If you want it sooner, you pay for it (with no receipt.)

I was there yesterday afternoon doing another annual retirement extension. Busy but certainly not hopeless. There were some serious delays caused by a couple of farang idiots who insisted on arguing with the Immigration officers about what paperwork was needed. They delayed the queue by around 15 minutes, but after they left it all went very quickly and I was sorted within another 15 minutes, in spite of having around 20 people ahead of me in the queue. The Immigration folk in Jomtien do a good job when disorganised and argumentative farangs allow them to.

I've heard that, too: That if you can wait a few weeks (I heard three....) you get it for free. If you want it sooner, you pay for it (with no receipt.)

The perfect scam.

The perfect scam.
Was there Wednesday afternoon 2.30 pm for residence certificate. Must have been 200ppl there. It was my turn in 5 minutes. Stated I needed 2 certificates. She says 500bt. I said it was free she said 500 bt. I repeated that it was free and she pushed my paperwork back to me. I Needed them so I Paid. Normally I would have gone to Sriracha but nowadays u have to do it where you live. Also normally I would give them my drivers license for my addresss but she wanted a copy of anything that would show where I Lived. Luckily I had that with me. Mind you I'm on a retirement extension so my address is in their system.

Sent from my Vi10Pro using Tapatalk