From Prostitute to Proper

autanic

A huge amount of university students will moonlight under the red light despite not considering themselves as being prostitutes. It's that time of the month when payment is due for the iPhone or shiny new Fino. They advertize on craigslist and work short time hotels.

It's that time of year too,

Term 2 ..... fees required in the next 3 weeks.

(10k in the cheaper universities, 20k in the more expensive ones)

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes down the pub as well as asking "and...?"

you could ask a few follow up questions to people making these observations:

1. Which is more important to you, your body on your mind?

2. If they answer their mind then ask why they go to work each day and sell the use of their mind in return for a salary or other financial benefit? What does that mean? If they look down on someone selling their body, yet they value their mind more but sell that together with their time each day, doesn't that place them lower than the people they are judging as they're selling something they value even more highly?

3. If they answer their body then ask then why they also go to work each day and sell its time and presence for 8 hours+ a day in return for financial gain? and what's the difference just because the people they've observed happen to be having sex?.

4. Who's round is it next?

etc

Edited by fletchsmile

Judging from some of the quotes disagreeing with my post, it seems I should have added that my 48 year old wife of 14 years has never stepped foot into a bar, has never consumed even a beer and was never a "prostitute".

Thank you.

How would you know?

She was around for over 30 years before you met her.

I know she was a virgin on our wedding night.

Even a chalenged person like yourself probably knows how to determine this.

I'm sure you have at least heard rumors about virgins.

Your stupid derogotary questions will be ignored in the future.

34 year old virgin meets 'hansum' 65 year old foreigner, falls madly in love, gets married and live happily ever after.

Happens every day!

I've come across exactly the same situation.

She was a very pretty Thai-Chinese girl living just outside BKK. She was 35 and quite obviously a virgin. She often visited (and stayed overnight at) temples in Ayuthaya.

I liked her a lot.

One day she showed me photos of her elderly aunts. Both had married repulsive-looking Dutchmen.

I asked the girl if she too would like to marry a man from Holland. Without pausing, she replied: "if I was lucky enough to have the chance, I would certainly say yes'.

Her decision had nothing to do with looks, personality or love. She would have willingly married a foreigner (and re-located to his country) for money and nothing else.

This disgusted me, but I've met several other girls like her. The girls do it as a way of looking after their mothers.

What's sad is how western men refer to these women as their wives. No, these women are NOT wives. I won't say what I think they are, but they're not wives.

Do you think young attractive women are with rich old men in the West for their sparkling personalities? Women worldwide are drawn to men with money, and power, that's a fact. Does Donald Trump care when he's bonking a Miss World if she really, really likes him? Even Tiger Woods resorted to paying for high class hookers, as did Charlie Sheen and many, many others. More money = better class of hooker that's all.

Edited by giddyup

Interesting thread aside from the barbed take down remarks....

We don't socialize alot - mostly within the family.....

However on the times that we meet friends in group such as a birthday or something that brings people together from different slices of life this is what I've noticed.....

If the tatt'd breasts don't give them away their demeanor will....They tend to be more "familiar" with men even with ones they not met before.....They tend to brag about "things"......They're more bawdy in their choice of dress and styles....They are not shy about leg placement when they sit - some in pants sit on chairs with legs spread open (almost a daring statement) not crossed & tucked like most Thais ....They either enjoy being the center of attention - or they mix talking with one or two other gals → but not the mainstream wives.....They'll help tidy up but again not mix with with the wives....They tend to pointedly talk about events and what they do when their husbands are out of the country working/away → broadcasting signals of some sort.....Their english is workable but unrefined.....They drink → well......They are "at home" and unshy? in the party like settings......

If you watch - the demure Thai wives are not in a comfort zone with them - polite in an oil and water way

Basically they behave similar but toned down to what you'd expect/see in a bar.....

What their relationships are like at home = anybodys guess.....Bar people are comfortable with their own - could be a match made in heaven → or just the opposite.....

If someone has BG/hooker history I don't think there's any/much

"proper" left → it's long lost.....

The birthday parties you attend sound a bit dull. The ones I attend have little kids playing, loud music, lots of drinking by everyone. Yes, even demure wives. Lots of loud talking.

I have notice a phenomena in my time in Thailand whereby a common Bar Girl from Pattaya is one day grinding on a pole in the Soi's to picked up and given a seeing to in the bedroom department and accepting payment. To secure herself a willing Farang and then brings him home to meet Ma and Pa in Isan Provence, where she become Prim and Proper.

She then Marries Farang and moves to Chiang Mai or elsewhere and lives a Pious life, as if the Prostitution had never happened, it was a means to an end, I know.

So what? Does it cause you a problem?

From what I keep reading, most of the bargirls already have a husband or boyfriend, so is it the ones

that are left who are looking for a Farang husband.

Put it another way, the bargirls who have a husband or boyfriend, what happens if they meet a Farang

who is rich and looking for a Thai wife and have a family or kids to support.

You are stil judging Asia by your western values.

Prostitution, as you chose to call it is not the same as it is in the west and does not carry the negitive conitations it does wherever you have brought your judgemental values from.

Someday these silly Asians will llearn to think like you do and then they will feel horrible about their lives....NOT!

I like them just they way they are.

I would never consider retiring in the uptight judgemental west.

Thank you.

I am sorry, but you are talking nonsense.

Prostitution in Thailand carries just as much negativity as the West if not more when among normal people, it sure does NOT when among one of their own, ie villages full of hookers and their families where they do not know and do not want to know any better.

Take a hooker to a decent restaurant or social event or even to a private hospital and pay attention to how she will be spoken to and treatedthumbsup.gif

I am not saying you are wrong, but in the places you mention, how do they know a girl you take there is actually a prostitute? Is it the way they dress?

Before I met my wife, I took out girls to decent restaurants, some wore mini skirts etc. I met girls who were working in a market stall, an office, and shops.

So with me being new to Thailand at that time, it never crossed my mind that they may be looked upon as prostitutes. None of them were treated badly by any staff.

I think maybe you are referring to the fat, tattooed, facial haired brigade with a much younger girl, in which case they would be prostitutes.

Prostitution, as you chose to call it is not the same as it is in the west and does not carry the negitive conitations it does wherever you have brought your judgemental values from.

Someday these silly Asians will llearn to think like you do and then they will feel horrible about their lives....NOT!

Thank you.

Prostitution in Thailand carries just as much negativity as the West if not more when among normal people, it sure does NOT when among one of their own, ie villages full of hookers and their families where they do not know and do not want to know any better.

Take a hooker to a decent restaurant or social event or even to a private hospital and pay attention to how she will be spoken to and treatedthumbsup.gif

I am not saying you are wrong, but in the places you mention, how do they know a girl you take there is actually a prostitute? Is it the way they dress?

Before I met my wife, I took out girls to decent restaurants, some wore mini skirts etc. I met girls who were working in a market stall, an office, and shops.

So with me being new to Thailand at that time, it never crossed my mind that they may be looked upon as prostitutes. None of them were treated badly by any staff.

I think maybe you are referring to the fat, tattooed, facial haired brigade with a much younger girl, in which case they would be prostitutes.

Or maybe it never crossed your mind that there's a lot of crossover between bars and markets, shops, and even offices.

Thank you.

Or maybe it never crossed your mind that there's a lot of crossover between bars and markets, shops, and even offices.

So true. Lines get very blurry over here.

Edited by Gecko123

Thank you.

Not then, no.

A high percentage of the bar girls and guys in Pattaya are from Isan, just be honest with your self and also look around. The bars are employing tens of thousands of girls and guys to entertain the Farangs. Many farang find someone they like and would not be able to meet in their country of orig. a lot of these couples are happy many are not. I have 3 neighbors in the condo I stay that have long time girlfriends and they are fighting every day. If it was a girl from their country she would have kicked him out but here they stay. You see this over and over again. Thank god they did not bring the girls back to England, the girls would have been so isolated there. I'm not saying all couples are like this I know many Thai/Farang couples straight and gay that are very happy, you just have to find the right person and treat them the way you like to be treated and they take care of you.

The falang prostitution is only a small part of Thailand's market, the girls can make a good living from it without ever meeting a falang.

I know many places up here where the girls starting price is 2000 baht and they look nothing like your pattaya hookers, they are top notch and stunning.

Thank you.

You will find my detailed explanation in post 62

I think the OP is clearly mistaken.

It is a prerequisite of being a Thaivisa member that you are married to a tri-lingual, hi-so Thai/Chinese type, who has a senior level executive job at some blue chip international company, but who also has a real thing for western men in Chang vests who are twice her age and three times her size.

It's just a coincidence we met in Pattaya. On Walking Street. Whilst she was just visiting her friend who works in bar. Just coincidence.

^Now that right there is funny.....cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I Love these threads, I really do. Excellent entertainment value. The delusional overload meter in Thailand is always stuck in the red.

The split is always the same;

1) The guys who have convinced themselves that connecting with a hooker half his age is a changed woman and she really loves him. Those same guys with the Hookers/Bar girls defend their decision vehemently usually claiming that the other guy brought his "western values" with him and should let it go because its all acceptable in Thailand by both foreigners and Thais.

2) The guys who think the guys in comment 1 above are fools.

In the end, whatever works. smile.png

Thank god they did not bring the girls back to England, the girls would have been so isolated there.

You're joking right?

These girls can upgrade in a flash!

It was a program on bbc about Thai and Chinese girls that was taken to England by there husbands and it was a very sad hour of a lot of tragedy. It was mentioned in the program about the russian male order brides also but they had easier to escape from their abusive husbands. So NO it was not a joke.

Thank god they did not bring the girls back to England, the girls would have been so isolated there.

You're joking right?

These girls can upgrade in a flash!

It was a program on bbc about Thai and Chinese girls that was taken to England by there husbands and it was a very sad hour of a lot of tragedy. It was mentioned in the program about the russian male order brides also but they had easier to escape from their abusive husbands. So NO it was not a joke.

Oh yeah, if you accuse him of violence, you get to stay.

There's $$$$$$ in lying.

PS

I think you mean mail order ..... not male order.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

I think the OP is clearly mistaken.

It is a prerequisite of being a Thaivisa member that you are married to a tri-lingual, hi-so Thai/Chinese type, who has a senior level executive job at some blue chip international company, but who also has a real thing for western men in Chang vests who are twice her age and three times her size.

It's just a coincidence we met in Pattaya. On Walking Street. Whilst she was just visiting her friend who works in bar. Just coincidence.

Funny old world isn't it ?

Strange thread. Is the OP asking a question or is he just very new?

Probably the same troll posting all these inane topics (usually about Thai women) under different usernames all with very few posts. You can smell the hate for women in these topics.

Really ???

Let me put your right, this isn't a troll post. It was a legitimate observation. Secondly this is the only account I have had. Thirdly I don't hate anyone.

I think you might need to take a few more amateur Psychology lessons, you are way off the mark.

one cant help but wonder about the point of this OP.

The point I (the OP) was making was I have noticed that a lot of girls, who have married foreign men and are leading "normal" lives as if they are prim and proper, were former bar girls who had sex for money. The minute a guy shows them interest, then this bar girl grinding on the dance floor image is shunned and she instantly transformed into a pillar of the community, taking the foreigner home to meet Mum and Dad like a respectable girl would, as if she wasnt a bar girl.

I imagine part of the trip up North back to Issan Province or wherever they come from to a back water village to meet the parents is there way of saying :

"Do you like my family ? Good you will be paying for them for as long as your with me and perhaps longer than that, you never know."

I wasnt making any real point or judgement, but putting a some thoughts out there. It seems a lot people agree with me and others (poor things), are struggling with the point of view.

Dear OP

Congratulations on noticing this phenomena. Will there be a sequel to point out other phenomena you notice during your second month in Thailand? or perhaps even some thoughts and reflections?

When I read your post I thought to myself

"...and?"

laugh.png

I am sure there will be many sequels. I would like to ask you, why do care so much if it is a question or a point.

If I had started the OP and said I have seen a Phenomena of dangerously pointy rocks, ready to tear you pale legs to ribbons in Khoa Lak, would you still be saying :"...and", or does every post have to be troll with an inflammatory question ?

I suppose you could describe my style of posts as a NON-TROLLING Post simply because it is simply make an observation, rather than seeking a response.

Interesting thread aside from the barbed take down remarks....

We don't socialize alot - mostly within the family.....

However on the times that we meet friends in group such as a birthday or something that brings people together from different slices of life this is what I've noticed.....

If the tatt'd breasts don't give them away their demeanor will....They tend to be more "familiar" with men even with ones they not met before.....They tend to brag about "things"......They're more bawdy in their choice of dress and styles....They are not shy about leg placement when they sit - some in pants sit on chairs with legs spread open (almost a daring statement) not crossed & tucked like most Thais ....They either enjoy being the center of attention - or they mix talking with one or two other gals → but not the mainstream wives.....They'll help tidy up but again not mix with with the wives....They tend to pointedly talk about events and what they do when their husbands are out of the country working/away → broadcasting signals of some sort.....Their english is workable but unrefined.....They drink → well......They are "at home" and unshy? in the party like settings......

If you watch - the demure Thai wives are not in a comfort zone with them - polite in an oil and water way

Basically they behave similar but toned down to what you'd expect/see in a bar.....

What their relationships are like at home = anybodys guess.....Bar people are comfortable with their own - could be a match made in heaven → or just the opposite.....

If someone has BG/hooker history I don't think there's any/much

"proper" left → it's long lost.....

Utterly brilliant post.

The riap roy Thais can spot these girls a mile off.

Then we get to the ultra sensitive farang question, where did you meet.

The farang will come up with some convuluted story about at the laundry, the thai girl has no qualms about answering the question, jer gan tee nai? tee bar ka.

Why do ex bar girls never wai farang?

The point I (the OP) was making was I have noticed that a lot of girls, who have married foreign men and are leading "normal" lives as if they are prim and proper, were former bar girls who had sex for money. The minute a guy shows them interest, then this bar girl grinding on the dance floor image is shunned and she instantly transformed into a pillar of the community, taking the foreigner home to meet Mum and Dad like a respectable girl would, as if she wasnt a bar girl.

I imagine part of the trip up North back to Issan Province or wherever they come from to a back water village to meet the parents is there way of saying :

"Do you like my family ? Good you will be paying for them for as long as your with me and perhaps longer than that, you never know."

I wasnt making any real point or judgement, but putting a some thoughts out there. It seems a lot people agree with me and others (poor things), are struggling with the point of view.

Not making a judgement ?

Hmmmm............. your post suggests otherwise.

Never seen that on ThaiVisa,

Our 'wimmin' are all half Chinese, university educated, hi-so from wealthy families.

Do not forget speak fluent English , well travelled and great in conversations smile.png

Also have a great job,earning at least 100,000 baht a month too, got land and property also

Never seen that on ThaiVisa,

Our 'wimmin' are all half Chinese, university educated, hi-so from wealthy families.

Do not forget speak fluent English , well travelled and great in conversations smile.png

Also have a great job,earning at least 100,000 baht a month too, got land and property also

Blimey! You have just described my missus to a "T". biggrin.png

So you have just "noticed" this interesting phenomenon and it fascinates you so much you open a thread on it? Ok. I believe you. Seems naive to me but you have certainly got the responses you were looking for!