Firearms laws in England and Wales confused and unclear - Law Commission

webfact

Firearms laws confused and unclear, Law Commission says

LONDON: -- Firearms laws in England and Wales are "confused, unclear and difficult to apply", the Law Commission says.

In a report, it highlights "pressing problems" undermining the effectiveness of laws on buying and owning guns.

Its recommendations - designed to make laws "clearer" and ensure they keep up with technology - include creating a new offence of possessing tools to turn imitation firearms into live ones.

The Home Office said it would "carefully consider" the report.

The commission is an independent body which reviews laws in England and Wales and can recommend reforms.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35104969

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-12-16

Yes, the law does need reform...

It is getting like a Swiss Cheese but at least we do have laws which are effective, just they could be better defined.

Of ,The will "tweek" the gun laws so that only the criminal elements will be having them.You of The UK keep no guns or offenceive weapons in your homes or shops as it will easier for me to rob you.

not entirely sanukjim, as any relativly inteligent or sane person can tell you. there is no possesion you have that is worth losing your life for. you have family, but money, goods etc, this is all covered by insurance etc.

the police would tell you there is no possesion you have that is worth getting into a potenitally life or death situation over.

so you could rob me all you want, have fun taking that refrigerator down the road, don't forget the flat screen tv, it will fit under your arm nicely, but expect it will be difficult to get out of door cos it was abugger getting it in.

rob my shop and I;ll be happy to tell insurance company you took a <deleted> lot more. edited for spacing

Edited by mmh8

not entirely sanukjim, as any relativly inteligent or sane person can tell you. there is no possesion you have that is worth losing your life for. you have family, but money, goods etc, this is all covered by insurance etc.

the police would tell you there is no possesion you have that is worth getting into a potenitally life or death situation over.

so you could rob me all you want, have fun taking that refrigerator down the road, don't forget the flat screen tv, it will fit under your arm nicely, but expect it will be difficult to get out of door cos it was abugger getting it in.

rob my shop and I;ll be happy to tell insurance company you took a <deleted> lot more. edited for spacing

Let's look at another scenario.

What if some bad guy comes in to your bedroom at night with a gun. He ties you and your lovely wife up and then proceeds to ransack your home.

Now that he has your valuables all ready to get away with, he takes a fancy to either you or your wife and proceeds to have his way with either you or your wife...or both of you if he is bi.

How are you going to claim that on your homeowner's policy?

Yes, the law does need reform...

It is getting like a Swiss Cheese but at least we do have laws which are effective, just they could be better defined.

Of ,The will "tweek" the gun laws so that only the criminal elements will be having them.You of The UK keep no guns or offenceive weapons in your homes or shops as it will easier for me to rob you.

About as easy as it is for you to spell properly, I'd say.

What if some bad guy comes in to your bedroom at night with a gun. He ties you and your lovely wife up and then proceeds to ransack your home.

Now that he has your valuables all ready to get away with, he takes a fancy to either you or your wife and proceeds to have his way with either you or your wife...or both of you if he is bi.

Based on your own country, I think I'd rather take the extremely slim chances of that happening against the slightly larger ones of getting shot by a deranged colleague or a seven year old.

if someone that bad has got through the security personel, has seen the number of vehicles and still gone into the house they must have some inside knowledge which in either case means you are &lt;deleted&gt;. it takes guts to go into a house in which you don't know the number of occupants and what weapons are inside, peoples routines etc. Basically it just ain't worth it for any bad guy or gal to do. But if you are in that situation you have made a mistake,

you need to know what valuables are in that house, most stuff is just too big, most intelligent people will have any valuables stored somewhere safe and insured.

so you are talking about a situation where someone has inside intelligence, I don't have anything worth breaking into my house for. perhaps you do?