Problems having 3BB installed in Jomtien

DowntownAl

Just wondering if others have had problems with 3BB installation. I rented a condo in View Talay 2 and, with the help of the estate agent's assistant, went to their office and ordered internet access. They don't offer a lot of trust when it comes to the average farang so they charged me a full year up front and the cost of the modem/router. I have no complaints about that, just their business model. But that's where things started to go south. I was in their office on a Monday morning and was told the installation would occur “next week” I didn't like the sound of that vague estimation but, it is what it is. The week passed and still no internet. So Kun, my agent's assistant, started the long process of finding out what was going on. She was told that it had already been connected, except for the fact that it wasn't. The phone line is plugged in, power button on, power light on, WLAN light on, no ADSL light, no internet light, no internet access. Just for fun, I plug and unplug the modem/router (also just turn off and on as well) every few hours to see if anything had been done. Kun has spent enormous time on the phone all the way up to management trying to get this fixed, to no avail. 10 days after taking 7,658 baht from me and still no service.

Is this normal for 3BB in this area? I had heard they were fairly efficient, did I misplace my hopes? sad.png

Part of your problem may be that 3BB only supply the service to the entry point of the building. All the internal wiring and connections are down to the building technicians and you may have to chase them up to find out what is happening.

Once the outside work is done 3BB will be able to tell you whether any outstanding problem is inside or outside the building. They can usually tell this to within a metre or so.

To pay one year in advance is normal for farangs, and there may be a phone connection fee from the building also.

I think my 3BB ADSL took 10-14 days to set up though that was a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the input. Turns out it was a 3BB problem at the building and then the phone line in the building as well. Took the maintenance guy about 5 minutes to fix. I had to pay the building management 500 baht as you said KK. All's well. Cheers. thumbsup.gif