Robber calls Michigan store clerk a 'terrorist' before shooting him in the face

webfact

Robber Calls Clerk A 'Terrorist' Before Shooting Him In The Face
Kim Bellware
Reporter, The Huffington Post

The robber reportedly said something along the lines of "I shot people like you overseas"

GRAND RAPIDS: -- A Michigan store clerk is recovering after being shot in the face and called a "terrorist" by an armed robber who may have perpetrated a hate crime.

An armed robber entered a party store in Grand Rapids, Michigan, early Sunday morning, according to a statement from the Grand Rapids Police Department. The robber pointed a gun at the 34-year-old clerk, who reportedly goes by "Tony," and demanded money.

After Tony handed over a bag of cash, the store manager says, the robber stuck the gun in Tony's mouth and said something to the effect of “I shot people like you overseas in the Middle East." The manager also said the robber called Tony a "terrorist" and a member of ISIS, according to WOOD-TV. Grand Rapids police Sgt. Terry Dixon confirmed the manager's statements to the station.

The clerk fought back and grabbed the gun, according to reports. The gun went off and the bullet went through Tony's cheek, police said.

Full story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/robber-shoots-clerk-terrorist_5670a826e4b0dfd4bcbfdb37

-- The Huffington Post 2015-12-16

How ironic of this terrorist to call the store clerk a terrorist.

I wonder when the country will finally realize assaulting, robbing and trying to kill innocent Americans does not make America Great Again.

Non of them was a terrorist. He was a robber and crazy but not a terrorist. We have different words for different crimes, we should use them.

So now if you want to get on someone case you just call him terrorist... so no more the N word, or white trash,

or a Jew, or a any other derogatory names being spoken for the multitude of religions and colors in the US,

who would have thought that it will come to that Ha?

I watched the news report that you can view by clicking on the image in the Huffington Post article. The guy Tony who got shot in the face was a Sikh. He shouldn't have been targeted even if he were a Muslim from a Syria or wherever, but it just boggles that mind even more that racist folks can't keep straight the ones that they hate.

I wonder when the country will finally realize assaulting, robbing and trying to kill innocent Americans does not make America Great Again.

unless, apparently, you are member of a "well-organised militia"

I remember a time, when I was a little boy, when everything that had to with "America" (as in USA) was awe inspiring.

They could do anything, had the greatest cars, send a man to the moon, were top-of-the crop in almost everything!

Now they are creationists, who argue that dinosaurs pooped on Adams lawn, the Earth is 6000 years old, sperm is "life", the "government " is coming for their guns, Obama is a Muslim- maoist- terrorist who wants to kill grandmas with the affordable care act and they have no idea of the difference between Sihks or Muslims, as they are all "them brown peoples"!

Sad, really!

I watched the news report that you can view by clicking on the image in the Huffington Post article. The guy Tony who got shot in the face was a Sikh. He shouldn't have been targeted even if he were a Muslim from a Syria or wherever, but it just boggles that mind even more that racist folks can't keep straight the ones that they hate.

After 9/11, there were a number of hate crimes perpetrated against people who were accused of being Muslims but weren't (e.g., Indians, Pakistanis). And of course, innocent Muslim-Americans and Arab-Americans were also targeted. I feel sorry for these folks who'll be targeted yet again, thanks to the hate speech of Trump and others like him.

If God were to give the world an enema, he'd stick the tube in Detroit!

His problem is that he's still a 'rag-head'. Remember that Americans lynched a Sikh for 9/11. Thinking inhumanly, it would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that northern Thailand also has a tradition of wearing turbans.

What a disgrace but this is what you get when politicians use terrorist to spin their political agenda of hate and bigotry. America was once a great country where neighbor helped neighbor and live and let live. Because of a lack of education and schools teaching ethics as well as dysfunctional families- America is becoming a Third World Nation. The only reason people go there now is to try and make money and then get out as quickly as possible. Until the cycle of money politics is broken- there will be no improvement.

When I was a kid, China only had 500 million people and India only about 200 million.

Now China has 1.4 billion and India 1.1 billion.

With the rest of the world keeping pace.

3% own 95%.

Does anyone think that things are going to get any better as time and population increases?

The poster is correct and I do not think in the short term things will get better and we may have another World War before it is sorted. However, I believe that at some point a major country like the US or UK or Australia will have a leader that is charismatic enough and provides a vision that will save the World. It has happened before and it can happen again. Here is hoping.

When I was a kid, China only had 500 million people and India only about 200 million.

3% own 95%.

Does anyone think that things are going to get any better as time and population increases?

Wow, were you living in Shangri-La at the time that the Indian population was 200 million?:

Demographics of India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"It reached 255 million according to the first census taken in 1881" (361 million in 1951)

The Chinese population in 1953 was 582.6 million, so Thailand has outstripped them both in percentage growth: 20 million in 1950, 67+ million today.

What would Rev. Malthus say?

Thomas Robert Malthus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3% own 95%.

Wow, were you living in Shangri-La at the time that the Indian population was 200 million?:

"It reached 255 million according to the first census taken in 1881" (361 million in 1951)

The Chinese population in 1953 was 582.6 million, so Thailand has outstripped them both in percentage growth: 20 million in 1950, 67+ million today.

I'd venture a guess what Rev. Malthus would say is that Thais must be proactively more procreative than Indians or Chinese?

[quote I feel sorry for these folks who'll be targeted yet again, thanks to the hate speech of Trump and others like him.

Trump isn't the terrorist. He simply said out loud what many peop km e feel.

Have the Muslims clean up their crap.

I think you're right, Trump is pushing the buttons of a very poorly educated bunch of racist loons.

3% own 95%.

I'd venture a guess what Rev. Malthus would say is that Thais must be proactively more procreative than Indians or Chinese?

become a Catholic country???