Mitsubishi Attrage 2015 Thailand version

ilikethai

Hello, and thankyou in advance. I'm debating and pondering very hard if I should go ahead and buy the current Mitsubishi Attrage 2015. Should I wait for couple of months and see if they'll redesign the car? I don't want to cash out my hard earn money and see couple of months down in 2016 a new redesign and new engine Attrage. I found out that they just added a few extra horsepower to the Attrage, now it's a 1,193cc. I found out on the web they also did the more on the dampening of the engine vibration in the 2015. Should I wait? Did the Attrage just got change in 2015 from the previous years? Is the current Attrage 2015 the latest generation? Are all Attrage the same in Thailand, Laos, and other parts of Asia?

thanks!

Mitsubishi revealed the 2016 Mirage at the Motor Expo - so the Attrage minor change is imminent.

Changes are: Revised front end styling with DRL's, projector headlamps and new bumper with chrome highlights. Inside it gets some new glossy black highlights and some chrome strips, and on the safety side it now has Forward Collision Mitigation and Mis-acceleration mitigation.

Not all models get all these features though.

It is fair to assume the 2016 Attrage minor change will get the same treatment.

Mitsubishi revealed the 2016 Mirage at the Motor Expo - so the Attrage minor change is imminent.

Changes are: Revised front end styling with DRL's, projector headlamps and new bumper with chrome highlights. Inside it gets some new glossy black highlights and some chrome strips, and on the safety side it now has Forward Collision Mitigation and Mis-acceleration mitigation.

Thank you for the excellent information! Since the Expo just got done few days ago, how fast can I see the changes at the dealer lot? I'm assuming I should just wait a few more weeks or even months to be safe. I was at the dealer last week and they didn't tell me about any new changes to protect their sales. It looks like I'll wait for the the "Forward Collision Mitigation and Mis-acceleration mitigation" is very important and great features to have on such a light and compact sedan. Again, thankyou.

Thank you for the excellent information! Since the Expo just got done few days ago, how fast can I see the changes at the dealer lot? I'm assuming I should just wait a few more weeks or even months to be safe. I was at the dealer last week and they didn't tell me about any new changes to protect their sales. It looks like I'll wait for the the "Forward Collision Mitigation and Mis-acceleration mitigation" is very important and great features to have on such a light and compact sedan. Again, thankyou.

The 2016 Mirage isn't yet on dealer lots - deliveries start next year. You can see it on the Thai Mitsubishi website though: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/

The 2016 Mirage isn't yet on dealer lots - deliveries start next year. You can see it on the Thai Mitsubishi website though: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.th/

Oh, I was aiming for the Attrage, not the Mirage. So does this change apply to the Attrage as well?

off topic. Can this FCM be installed as an addon later?

Some dashcam's offer FCW - which gives a warning only - no activation of the car's brakes.

example:

http://th.transcend-info.com/Products/No-692

Thanks for everything IMHO!!! I'll just sit for a few hours pulling my hair and decide on what I want to do and how to proceed. :) I know if I wait for the Attrage with FCM I'll be walking in the rain. If I decide to buy the Attrage now, they'll come out with a new super duper Attrage in the next few months. The beauty of buying a car (technology).

one more question. How long has the Attrage or old is the current Attrage?

The Attrage was launched on the 5th of July 2013.

thanks! that's about 2 years and 5 months. I guess the best thing is to....wait!

But don't wait too long or 2017 will be on the horizonwink.pngbiggrin.png

No need for FCM....that's just for fools mucking about on their phones and not paying attention to the road...and pjs drivers laugh.png And no amount of mitigation will stop an impact if one follows too closely to the cars in front anyway. I survived driving a high powered mini with virtually no brakes for a number of years. It's all about adjusting to the driving conditions. There are plenty of nice sedans to choose from now; no need to wait up to 2 years.

You're right, waiting is not a good idea. Ill just cash it out to take advantage of the year end promotions.

Eco cars should drop a bit in price in the New Year. Either that or they will throw in more extras to make up the difference. It's worth to wait until then at least. Most everyone else will take a large tax hit for all non-ecocar models.

You're right, waiting is not a good idea. Ill just cash it out to take advantage of the year end promotions.

Eco cars should drop a bit in price in the New Year. Either that or they will throw in more extras to make up the difference. It's worth to wait until then at least. Most everyone else will take a large tax hit for all non-ecocar models.

....break! you must put a break on me and make me think twice! :) I'm really pulling my hair and going bald! Should I really wait? Also, I stopped by a mitsu dealer and one of the sales lady told me to wait for "Asean" to take into effect so that "cars will be cheaper almost by halves"???...Is this really true? My brother who lives in Laos told me the same thing. Right now Laos cars are very very mindblogging expensive due to the import taxes and duties. So will Asean librate these fees and make cars in Laos, Thailand, Philipines, etc cheaper?

I thankyou and appreciate the posters IMHO and DavisH in advance! :)

....break! you must put a break on me and make me think twice! smile.png I'm really pulling my hair and going bald! Should I really wait? Also, I stopped by a mitsu dealer and one of the sales lady told me to wait for "Asean" to take into effect so that "cars will be cheaper almost by halves"???...Is this really true? My brother who lives in Laos told me the same thing. Right now Laos cars are very very mindblogging expensive due to the import taxes and duties. So will Asean librate these fees and make cars in Laos, Thailand, Philipines, etc cheaper?

I thankyou and appreciate the posters IMHO and DavisH in advance! smile.png

I've not heard of any other changes under ASEAN (actually, AEC). IMHO knows a lot more about the motor industry than me though, so maybe he could shed more light on that. The basic cars will not change, so you could still go around and test drive a number of them beforehand.

Also, I stopped by a mitsu dealer and one of the sales lady told me to wait for "Asean" to take into effect so that "cars will be cheaper almost by halves"???...Is this really true?

Completely untrue, for Thailand.

PS. I think you just met the hungriest car saleswoman ever too.

Edited by IMHO

• 5 weeks later...