Rat Catcher required

lemel

I had rats in the roof cavity and was worried about them chewing on electrical wiring. So bought a couple of metal rat traps from local hardware, baited them with some chicken (anything will do) and caught 10 rats in as many days. The rats were stone cold dead after that spring bar hits their neck, so only a question of opening it up, use rubber gloves if you're squeamish, drop into a plastic bag and put out for the garbos to collect, or bury in the garden. Not had a rat back since. Didn't want to use poison because they die up there and smell, and no way would I use a sticky trap. What do you do with a live rat stuck to the pad? So the old fashioned trap is still the best IMO.

Get a rat snake...do it natures way.

Too many people are too quick to kill snakes when in fact they are very useful.

http://www.thailandsnakes.com/aglyph/keeled-rat-snake-ptyas-carinata-not-dangerous/

Those sticky mats are the worst thing I have ever seen - if you don't find the dead rat soon enough you can by the smell and sometimes they knaw off a limb and leave it behind...

Cheers guys, want a local guy to deal with it as I am away every few days and my wife is scared of them, so she will not do it and I dont want a snake in the house either! Rentokoill we found before to be ridiculas price wise. just want a local guy to come in, lay the traps, trap goes off, he come round and disposes of them. There used to be a guy locally near soi Kho talow but never got his number. so still looking

Cheers guys, want a local guy to deal with it as I am away every few days and my wife is scared of them, so she will not do it and I dont want a snake in the house either! Rentokoill we found before to be ridiculas price wise. just want a local guy to come in, lay the traps, trap goes off, he come round and disposes of them. There used to be a guy locally near soi Kho talow but never got his number. so still looking

You are only disposing of a dead rat, just open the trap and drop it in a plastic bag. Depending on the severity of your problem you may have someone coming and setting the traps every day and disposing of the dead ones, indefinitely. I can't say it was a job that I relished either, but it had to be done.

You are only disposing of a dead rat, just open the trap and drop it in a plastic bag. Depending on the severity of your problem you may have someone coming and setting the traps every day and disposing of the dead ones, indefinitely. I can't say it was a job that I relished either, but it had to be done.

I would giddyup but Im not there everyday, today I am but then KL 2 days back for 1 then away for 3 days and my wife will not go near them. She does not want to climb up ladders into the loft space and dispose of a rat even though its dead and in a cage!!

I would giddyup but Im not there everyday, today I am but then KL 2 days back for 1 then away for 3 days and my wife will not go near them. She does not want to climb up ladders into the loft space and dispose of a rat even though its dead and in a cage!!

Not in a cage, mine were killed in a conventional type trap, like the old style mouse traps but bigger and stronger. I bought two, one for each side of the roof access. Before I killed them off they were having a party up there every night, at first I thought they were squirrels, sounded too big to be rats, but rats they were.

post-130068-0-14875400-1450345213_thumb.