British tourist vanishes in Thailand after telling parents a 'man would not let him leave'

webfact

Could all you 'scam' theorists put some money on it? I'll be happy to lighten your wallet by any amount.
Or better still, set out your theory, point by point, as to how you've reached your brilliant deduction.

Excuse me, this could cause major image damage so they need to swing into damage control mode RIGHT NOW. Scammers sounds like an excellent accusation theory to float when you have absolutely nothing else, and need desperately to deflect.

This is a livelihood issue for a lot of these posters, and there is nothing worng with that biggrin.png so lets cut them some slack

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the nationality of this scary man?

Drugs or not, most people don't say the past has caught up with them for no reason..

What past? The guy is 21, so what past could he have, especially from England manifesting itself in Thailand?

Unless it is something he did, or got involved in, here in Thailand. That would make more sense. In which case, the local mafia (ie: police) might well be involved and it would be useless to try and do anything official through the police.

Guess we will just have to wait for this to play out, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a happy outcome. In Thailand, these situitations rarely have happy outcomes.

Just another nail in Thailand's tourism business.

as stated before i recognise symptoms of drug-induced paranoia/psychosis, his age is the classic age to get such symptoms too. sure i could be wrong...

the other week i stayed at a hotel and there was a farang girl, early 20s, solo, boosing at least 7-8 large changs every night... then she went to bed and talked to herself, loud for another 4-5 hours.... whistling.gif

as stated before i recognise symptoms of drug-induced paranoia/psychosis, his age is the classic age to get such symptoms too. sure i could be wrong...

the other week i stayed at a hotel and there was a farang girl, early 20s, solo, boosing at least 7-8 large changs every night... then she went to bed and talked to herself, loud for another 4-5 hours.... whistling.gif

Maybe she was talking to her bf at some university or wherever via Skype or line, drinking because she miss him, not all young people are crazy :) Edited by Ks45672

The guy states in the FB post that "his past has caught up with him".

Seems to me that means, he ran up a drug bill and ran, or borrowed money......and ran.

Cement boots out at sea, sorry Charlie.

cement boots at sea then, case closed

Good work! :)

Drugs or not, most people don't say the past has caught up with them for no reason..

The first 2 lines from the OP.

A British man has gone missing in Thailand just days before he was due to come home for Christmas.

Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham, Wiltshire....

Does this give you a clue?

Maybe she was talking to her bf at some university or wherever via Skype or line, drinking because she miss him, not all young people are crazy smile.png

she spoke my mother tongue, stayed in room next to mine, ... and i understood every single word (madness/rant) coffee1.gif

repeating the words "bitch" 50-60x isn't too sane imo giggle.gif

The first 2 lines from the OP.

A British man has gone missing in Thailand just days before he was due to come home for Christmas.

Jordan Jacobs, 21, from Lyneham, Wiltshire....

Does this give you a clue?

Steady on there Sherlock. I think they might have meant the other guy.

Details sounds delirious

My family isn't safe if go back home

My past come back

Big trouble but cannot tell you

Don't call police

Big trouble but can do/receive phone calls

Uhmm

If really in trouble point your location on gmaps and ask for a police blitz

My guess the dude is well high with no willing to go back home. So messed up can't estimate the damage is doing to his family

This message to me sounds like the man who is controlling him ... just had the guy sign in and then type this message ... get people to stop looking for him.

Drugs sounds like to me and got tied up with a local drug dealing thug who could well be blackmailing him to not spill the beans or he will have others take care of him - or he 'claims' that he can get police to put this lowly underling in jail ... The whole plot gets lost in a haze of drugs...

A young guy who thought he was TOO KOOL to get messed up in a drug affair... I have seen it in the USA many times watching the younger set be cool... and stupid...

Mate you have skills

I'm a cowboy's disguised alien mind remote controlling the young troubled brit to sign in thaivisa with my account to deflect ongoing investigations by TV CSI. All of this from my teak bench in ratchaburi. Amazing isn't it?

Still wondering what hasn't worked of my camouflage set

What we know.

We're this an attempt to impact tourism negatively ( perhaps in revenge for deaths of two Brits a while back)

The scam would be best acted out prior to now.

Though it could divert many away from that specific location.

So lets work on the other possibilities.

We know he may not want to return and states reasons he can't.

And could be feeding on the best drama s in order to obtain money over Xmas .

He most likely is under the influence of drugs be the story true or not that a ""man won't let him leave"

But lets consider why he isn't allowed if indeed that's a true statement.

A Thai national may have posed as a law enforcer or could be and are blackmailing him for drugs in procession .?

Or maybe he did a run and was discovered ?

Perhaps he has admitted to smuggling internationally?

But if he gets 200,000 all is forgotten?

The story has more holes than Swiss cheese .

But one thing we are most likely correct on is drugs are involved.

He may well be suffering a psychosis condition .

He may have harmed someone .

Who knows?

But if its not a hoax and he simply and / or he simply isn't keen to return.

Again these islands draw bad press.

And for good reason.

I know there is maria down that way.

We know authorities are largely ineffective in their interventions.

Criminals seem to be able to operate.

Time will most likely see this guy emerge again .

And he will have some explaining to do.

He would have been more effective in hanging around a hospital cafe and befriend a nurse and hatching a mystery virus scam with selfie s on a hospital bed recovering and a token thousand to stay the extra two weeks.

This likely stunt fuelled on drugs and the islands dark reputation is at best a nasty Xmas gift.

If its all for real .....Thailand again is getting press that ultimately will make high seasons not so high

Details sounds delirious

My family isn't safe if go back home

My past come back

Big trouble but cannot tell you

Don't call police

Big trouble but can do/receive phone calls

Uhmm

If really in trouble point your location on gmaps and ask for a police blitz

My guess the dude is well high with no willing to go back home. So messed up can't estimate the damage is doing to his family

This message to me sounds like the man who is controlling him ... just had the guy sign in and then type this message ... get people to stop looking for him.

Drugs sounds like to me and got tied up with a local drug dealing thug who could well be blackmailing him to not spill the beans or he will have others take care of him - or he 'claims' that he can get police to put this lowly underling in jail ... The whole plot gets lost in a haze of drugs...

A young guy who thought he was TOO KOOL to get messed up in a drug affair... I have seen it in the USA many times watching the younger set be cool... and stupid...

Mate you have skills

I'm a cowboy's disguised alien mind remote controlling the young troubled brit to sign in thaivisa with my account to deflect ongoing investigations by TV CSI. All of this from my teak bench in ratchaburi. Amazing isn't it?

Still wondering what hasn't worked of my camouflage set

if the Thug is standing right next to him ... not a big step to say sign in ... move over ... and type what you please... hardly an alien mind needed...

UPDATE OP:

Hope for British backpacker missing on Phi Phi
Phuket Gazette

bp.jpeg
During the last conversation with his family, Mr Jacobs alleged that a man would not let him leave. His flight home from Bangkok is scheduled for today.

PHUKET: -- The family of a British backpacker reported missing five days ago from Phi Phi Don remain worried about his safety and whereabouts following a brief Facebook message he sent during a social media campaign launched to find him.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879323-british-tourist-vanishes-in-thailand-after-telling-parents-a-man-would-not-let-him-leave/#entry10201539

You could all wager on the outcome. The one with the closest theory to said outcome, wins a truckload of buffalo dung, from which, you can harvest magic mushrooms to peddle to young island ravers. And you won't even need to kidnap them.

If he had mental problems, don't you think the family would consider that? If they are concerned bout him, odds are he didn't show anything related to it. So why now???

Mental issues can start out of the blue. Drugs. Alcohol. Change of environment. Stress. Combination of all. His age is classical age in males when stuff like that can start...

What past? The guy is 21, so what past could he have, especially from England manifesting itself in Thailand?

Unless it is something he did, or got involved in, here in Thailand. That would make more sense. In which case, the local mafia (ie: police) might well be involved and it would be useless to try and do anything official through the police.

Guess we will just have to wait for this to play out, but I won't be holding my breath waiting for a happy outcome. In Thailand, these situitations rarely have happy outcomes.

Just another nail in Thailand's tourism business.

If a girl of 16 can pimp, a man of 21 can have 'a past'

Nothing short of nuclear fallout would dent any tropical destinations tourism prospects. Ignorance and a belief in the individual being immune to such misfortune always sees to that.

Edited by dhream