Opening of new Phuket underpass to be delayed again

webfact

Opening of new Phuket underpass to be delayed again
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1450325772_1-org.jpg
There's only 50 metres worth of digging to do until that part of construction is complete. Photo Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- The project engineer in charge of construction of the Samkong underpass has indicated that further delays are expected for the opening with rain being sighted as the reason.

Project Engineer, Chalermpol Wongkiattikun, from the Department of Highways told The Phuket News on Tuesday (Dec 15), “We now only have 540 metres to go until the tunnel will be completely dug out. However, rain over the past moths has caused delays in completing the work. We are trying as best we can to get the work complete.

“We have asked to delay the opening of the underpass but that has not yet been agreed.

Project Engineer, Chalermpol Wongkiattikun, from the Department of Highways told The Phuket News on Tuesday (Dec 15), “We now only have 540 metres to go until the tunnel will be completely dug out. However, rain over the past moths has caused delays in completing the work. We are trying as best we can to get the work complete.

“We have asked to delay the opening of the underpass but that has not yet been agreed.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/opening-of-new-phuket-underpass-to-be-delayed-again-55433.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-12-17

"We have asked to delay the opening of the underpass but that has not yet been agreed."

Well, if it is not dug out completely I think they'll have to agree to a delay. I don't think this will come as s surprise to anyone, I do hope this means a big fine for the construction company and cancellation of the Chalong underpass, planned to be executed by the same company.

ONLY 540 metres? It must be true as he said it twice! That sounds like a lot of digging to me!

Another stellar reporting job. The tagline under the photo says 50 metres to go, while the body of the text says 540, twice.

Hard to belive it's still 540m to dig. Looks to me like only the south end still to be dug. North end all dug out and also the center part where the top road crosses over.

Rain caused delays.

Who could have forcast it might rain in the wet season on an island in the tropics!

What rain? Apart from a couple of heavy showers nearly a week ago there has been no rain here for several weeks.

And where is here? From what I hear and see there have been heavy showers in the evening frequently.