90 day reporting late afternoon

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

Usually I can go to immigration late in the afternoon for 90 day reporting and get in and out quickly. Today at 3:45 they were finished for the day. Has anything changed or is just that there are more people here now?

Yes, there are more people going there now.

Probably the last queue number had been issued some time before.

There would be people sitting there waiting for their number to be called, could still be dealing with their 90 day reports at 4:30 (the official closing time).

Try going earlier (sometime before midday) and you should be OK.

There would be people sitting there waiting for their number to be called, could still be dealing with their 90 day reports at 4:30 (the official closing time).

Why go through the agony of going in person. I am going to pop mine in the mail tomorrow. 60 bahts and its done. Mark it on your to do calendar and save your self time and money and free up workers to handle extensions. Its as easy as 1,2,3. The annual extension well thats another nightmare in 9 months into the future. I keep hoping they will start the online queue again. Dreamer.

Mail it coffee1.gif

This guy is really pushing the envelope going in at 3.45 p.m. Maybe a trip back the next day will show how to lick his problem. Stamp out 90 reporting in person. Go to your local post office and mail your 90 days and look at all the nice philatelic material. This could be your next hobby. Pay attention if your staying in Thailand dealing with immigration is a way of life you must endure.

You can avoid all 90-day reports by leaving the country within that time, preferably near the end of that period.

There are many places to fly directly to and hang out for a bit -- Taipei, Hong Kong, Kunming, Yangon, Mandalay, Seoul, Luang Prabang, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, etc.

"Timer" restarts each time you re-enter.

If you are retired, isn't part of that enjoying the region? Sure, tending the garden, washing the dog, arguing with the woman and shopping at Rimping are pretty stellar things to do, but there are experiences farther afield you might consider. Maybe not every 90 days, but at least cut out one or two....

:D

I've been turned away (at the old office) as early as 1.30, due to their having too many sets of paperwork already accepted, and which needed to be input by the stressed staff by the end of the afternoon.

Then again why should anybody care, so long as the paperwork has been deposited & a receipt given, then the long-stayers have complied with the law and Immigration can take as long as they wish, to actually process it ? I suspect a slavish dedication to following-rules is behind it.

It's a cunning-plan indeed, to try that late in the day, I'm impressed ! rolleyes.gif

Even with the moronic rule of having all these copies of your passport to submit (how many copies of my passport must they have somewhere already?), it takes about 2 minutes to complete the 90-day slip and staple it into your passport.

I've never seen any official look "stressed."

Today by 10.30 am all the tickets were gone. Completely crazy there at the moment.

Guest siamjourney

Immigration is definitely crazier than just a few months ago. Late afternoon used to be very mellow for 90 day reporting.

I can mail it in next time but this time I think I'll use a visa service. I believe some people liked Star Visa Service? Where are they located?

Also, has anyone had a good or bad experience with Assist Visa Service in CM Land? I asked them some questions today and they seemed very nice.