non-immigrant multiple re-entry B Visa

I just received my Work Permit after getting my non-immigrant B Visa, Teacher's License and Medical Report. I then went to immigration with the school's Head of the English Department to get the 1 year extension on my B Visa. Normally this is a rubber stamp exercise taking no more than 15 minutes, but this time the immigration guy asked for a document I simply don't have and is not on the list of required documents from the Thai immigration website.

I previously got a teaching position through an agency. With this new position I have a direct contract with the school, as I wasn't happy with the agency and could see no reason for them to get a substantial chunk of my meagre salary every month for doing absolutely nothing. They were not happy about me having a direct contract with the school because it cuts into their monthly income. The agency has considerable contact with and I beleive influence over the immigration people, and I suspect the agency alerted them to my arrival at immigration (the agency knew which school I am now teaching at) and possibly paid the immigration guy off under the table to stonewall my 1 year extension. My 90 day Non-immigrant B visa expires next month, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place because I can't get the 1 year extension.

I understand it is possible to get a 1 year non-immigrant multiple re-entry B visa if my Work Permit is valid for more than 7 months, which it is.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and was able to get the re-entry visa?

What document did they as for? You seem to have time to get it I would think.

You can get a multiple entry non-b visa in Penang if you have at least 8 months remaining on your work permit. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Doesn't matter what the document is, I don't have it and so can't get it. The thing is the agency I was with knows I don't have this document and fed that information to their immigration lackey. I know this for a fact because out of the blue he asked for it and I've never had any problems with immigration before. It's definitely the agency screwing me around.

As for the Work Permit, it's valid until 30 November 2016, so hopefully should be okay for the re-entry visa.

Thanks again for your response/advice.

Thank you.

Doesn't matter what the document is, I don't have it and so can't get it. The thing is the agency I was with knows I don't have this document and fed that information to their immigration lackey. I know this for a fact because out of the blue he asked for it and I've never had any problems with immigration before. It's definitely the agency screwing me around.

As for the Work Permit, it's valid until 30 November 2016, so hopefully should be okay for the re-entry visa.

Re entry "visa" ? Do you mean a re entry permit ?

Why would you need a reentry permit if applying for a new multiple entry "B" visa in Penang ?

"...I wasn't happy with the agency and could see no reason for them to get a substantial chunk of my meagre salary every month for doing absolutely nothing."

Unless they were taking money from the amount they agreed to pay you, that isn't / wasn't your money. It's theirs.

It might be helpful to others to know what document they asked for that you don't have.

Thank you.

Yes it does, maybe the agency "greased the wheels" before, and now you are a direct hire, that is not happening.

Because you are asked for a required piece of paperwork, the whole world is against you ?

Grow up !