Non and work permit

I got a work permit 2 months ago and a multiple entry non o just before that. If i do a visa run for my first non o entry what happens to my work permit?

Also if i get a one year extension for marriage will my work permit stay valid. My problem is my private language school got me a work permit and i dont have a degree but immigration told my work i can get the 1 year non o extension but im not sure what will happen to my work permit. Any help will be appreciated.

You are on a Non Imm O. Presumably a multiple entry Non Imm O visa.

Doing a visa run (exit/re-enter to get another 90 days 'permission to stay') will have no effect whatsoever on your work permit.

Getting an "extension of stay" based on being married to a Thai, will also not affect your work permit.

For your work permit it is only required that you have a non immigrant visa (O or B ).

Should you quit your job and thus cancel the work permit, your Non Imm O visa will also not be effected and will remain valid.

I've done the combination Non Imm O + work permit for several years.

I have not done an "extension of stay" from a non imm O though.

When you get an "extension of stay" from your Non Imm O, immigration will not look at whether you work or not

or whether you have a work permit or not, they will primarily look at whether you are still married and

have sufficient funds or income.

The Labor Department, that issues the work permit, will primarily look if you have a valid non imm visa (O or B )

It would be different if you would have a Non Imm B: in that case, immigration would want to see a valid work permit with enough

time remaining before expiry.

Edited by arminbkk

A reentry permit is not required. Your visa only allows 90 day stays and by exiting and then returning a new 90 day permission to stay will be given whist the visa is valid.

The are no 30 day extensions available but you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.