Frenchman found dead with throat slashed in Udon Thani

webfact

never in my life i have heard of suicide by throat slashing !!! nowhere in the world !! neither in a horror movie, neither in a science fiction novel ...

is somebody able to give me an example of a previous same case ? link to a movie/book or web story ?

Just Google "cut his own throat" and see how many results you get.......Lots!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very clever.

There is a hundreds of ideas to kill yourself but not this way.

Someone on TV said ; " It could be a far more suspect story without the Chain"

Yes, totally agree .

Someone very clever did it.

Just my guessing...; kill him with broken glass bottle lock the door with chain to pretend suicide then leave the room .

It is only first floor and it is easy even jump down after all.

First thing I would check his account and activities even long time before his death.

It could be not paying back debtor and loaner dispute.

Suicide..? I'm not buying it...

Clever but also naive if case comes to good forensic's.

coffee1.gif

Actually, the first thing I would check would be for evidence of a second person being present. Specifically, why there wasn't a blood trail to any of the exit points of the room. Yes, there would be one if somebody carried out an assault resulting in these injuries, especially as so many have surmised that the wounds on the hands were defensive.

Happy to be proved wrong though by TV's CSI squad.

What exactly is it in human nature that leads so many people down the conspiracy road when something this tragic happens, regardless of where it happens or who is investigating?

Likely time would be better spent on a barstool than watching CSI on the box IMHO.

No conspirisy here.. Very easy to cut you own through with a broken beer bottle.. Very common in France..

In other news he was feeling lonley as the gf stayed out for the night and had a new boyfriend.. Makes sense.

RIP

Sent from my c64

In 2003 I was one of eight people who went to a function to celebrate a birthday of a friend in Thailand who was heading home next afternoon.

Usual fair on offer and some refreshments paid for by the host.

He stayed in a 4 star hotel and had a lovely girlfriend

So at least it seemed.

She took a couple of calls that seemed to dampen the mood and expression on her face a bit.

And after a few whispers and dialogue excused herself from the party.

We never found out accept for the host where or why she left.

The next day we were all shocked to discover the friend had jumped from the 9th floor of his hotel and died.

He seemed happy and adjusted and looking forward to life.

The girlfriend was asleep at the time the report stated.

And screamed when the knock came and security entered .

We all accepted that it was suicide and his life held some dark troubles .

Though family didn't accept that prognosis .

He was in no debt

Had employment and was always laughing.

Later it was revealed CCTV footage was removed from the Hotel that showed two men entering the room next door.

And it had been later discovered the room was billed to the dead mans credit card.

And the person who paid for it was later discovered to be a female on the phone.

The police dismissed that it was his girlfriend .

Subsequent billings family obtained also showed his account had been cleaned out with several ATM withdrawals .

No charges were ever laid

And the family could not get closure .

To this day the Thai authorities deemed it a suicide and suggested the Farang was unbalanced and took his life .

We will never know ...but I think there are some vicious woman out there.

Edited by Plutojames88

never in my life i have heard of suicide by throat slashing !!! nowhere in the world !! neither in a horror movie, neither in a science fiction novel ...

is somebody able to give me an example of a previous same case ? link to a movie/book or web story ?

It's a rare form of suicide but not unknown.

In the late 1960's I was called to the scene of a death. The deceased was an Indian male aged in his late twenties. He had taken his own life by cutting his throat with a surgeons scalpel. There was blood everywhere, just like in the disturbing photos shown in prievious posts

I transpired that he was a fully trained medical doctor. There was a handwritten suicide note left at the scene. It stated that he hated the medical profession and only persevered in getting his qualifications because of pressure from his family.

Why on Earth he chose this method of suicide I have no idea, as a doctor he could have got all sorts of medication that would have ended his life in a much more 'pleasant' manner.

You may not want to believe this, but it's true, in his suicide note he also stated 'I CANNOT STAND THE SIGHT OF BLOOD"

• 1 month later...

Quite a few people seem to have it in for the French just now and possibly the Thais are just joining in regardless of what happened RIP to the deceased and hope the BIB manage to catch the perpetrator of this evil crime.Or a sensible understandable reason for his suicide.

Quite a few people seem to have it in for the French just now and possibly the Thais are just joining in regardless of what happened RIP to the deceased and hope the BIB manage to catch the perpetrator of this evil crime.Or a sensible understandable reason for his suicide.

And still we come and get involved with the locals, when will we learn.

Human nature to believe it won't happen to me.

Tragic, I'm always sceptical of the Thai authorities comments and conclusions to deaths involving foreigners, but I wasn't there what are the facts.

Another open and shut case of suicide for this guy. Chained on the inside will be their reasoning. Forget that it is one of the hardest ways to kill yourself. Slicing your own throat is not an easy task both physically and mentally

How do you know?