Retirement Exstension Report from Chiang Mai...17 December..

Glad I live in Pattaya.

Yes and you will have about 300 people in the queue in front of you at immigration like I had last Friday, and no, I did not wait.

Anyone with any sense knows not to go to immigration on a monday or friday if it can all be avoided...and that goes double for holiday weeks, which last week was. even with the crowds, i doubt more than 10% of those people were there for retirement extensions and they most likely would have been in and out in an hour or two at most. the long lines and back-up are for tourists and "digital nomads" getting visa and 30-day entry stamps extended.

• Like 1

Next year, I will spell extension correctly.

Don't feel bad. I haven't been able to proof my own writing since I retired. I always seem to find spelling/punctuation mistakes once I'm unable to edit the post. biggrin.png C'est la vie.

Bangmai, why didn't you post this in the Chiang Mai subforum's "Immigration Promenada" thread? Admittedly, it's become a whine-fest, but it was set up with the intention to keep people informed with first hand accounts like yours:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/861438-immigration-promenada-one-stop-service-v2/page-40

Agreed. This may be one time that cross-posting would be Ok. The Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2 Chiang Mai sub-forum would be a good place to post this.

Next year, I will spell extension correctly.

Yes, but you'll probably get "correctly" wrongbiggrin.png

Look on the bright side - you provide entertainment for spelling nazis.

Which reminds me of the farang girls wearing purple skirts and white blouses to get their 30 day extensions.....work illegally much?