How often do I have to leave Thailand with the Elite visa?

Can someone explain to me how often (if at all) I have to leave Thailand if I have the Elite visa? Also do I have to visit immigration every 3 months with that visa?

One more question. Have there been any recent changes with the visa or is it still a fairly good way for a person under 50 to stay and not work in Thailand?

thanks

Can someone explain to me how often (if at all) I have to leave Thailand if I have the Elite visa? Also do I have to visit immigration every 3 months with that visa?

You don't. You can stay a full 5 years without leaving. 90 day reporting is required, but if you live in Bangkok the Thai Elite staff will do it for you. They will also do the annual visa renewal, or so I am told, as I have not had mine one year yet.

Not sure what happens at 5 years should you decide to renew, but I think the Thai Elite staff will take care of that for you too.

There may be Thai Elite offices in other cities too, not sure. I live in Bangkok.

One more question. Have there been any recent changes with the visa or is it still a fairly good way for a person under 50 to stay and not work in Thailand?

If you can afford it, it is the most painless way to stay here that I know of. All the Cheap Charlies will, no doubt, say otherwise.

I am very tempted to take the Elite Visa route when I retire to Thailand - simply to avoid hassle. What concerns me is that it may be revoked by some future administration. I believe this happened with a previous incarnation of the EV and some folks lost out (money was not refunded). Is that true?

I am very tempted to take the Elite Visa route when I retire to Thailand - simply to avoid hassle. What concerns me is that it may be revoked by some future administration. I believe this happened with a previous incarnation of the EV and some folks lost out (money was not refunded). Is that true?

What you "heard" was rumour !

A valid Thai Elite Visa has never been revoked.

It is highly unlikely the visa would be revoked but left just expire at the end of the 5 years.

The only thing at risk a the membership benefits Limo rides etc. However, if they did cancel the scheme the terms and conditions allow for a refund.

For those people over 50 is there any value in getting an Elite Visa instead of going for the retirement visa option?

IMO no. It's an expensive convenience that some are willing to pay for. Extension based on retirement is 1,900 per year compared to 100k per year for the elite.

You don't. You can stay a full 5 years without leaving. 90 day reporting is required, but if you live in Bangkok the Thai Elite staff will do it for you. They will also do the annual visa renewal, or so I am told, as I have not had mine one year yet.

Not sure what happens at 5 years should you decide to renew, but I think the Thai Elite staff will take care of that for you too.

There may be Thai Elite offices in other cities too, not sure. I live in Bangkok.

Isn't it in fact nearly 6 years you get to stay in Thailand with the Thailand Elite?

Isn't it in fact nearly 6 years you get to stay in Thailand with the Thailand Elite?

If you don't renew your membership at the end of 5 years the benefits finish. However, if you enter Thailand just before the visa expires, at the end of 5 years, you'll be given a 1 year permit to stay. Giving nearly six years.

For those people over 50 is there any value in getting an Elite Visa instead of going for the retirement visa option?

All Thailand Elite members over 50 years old could have chosen the retirement visa option.

If they went the Thailand Elite way, it means the program is valuable to them.

Convenience is what you pay for.

And it is really convenient. For both younger and older.

Try it... You will never go back to the retirement visa option (at least if you have the funds for the Elite card).