Harbor Mall Pattaya - Opening date?

slafriphos

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening on April 1st, for those interested.

http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/grand-opening-harbor-pattaya-friday-1st-april-2016/

Not a date I would have chosen!

http://www.inspirepattaya.com/pattaya/grand-opening-harbor-pattaya-friday-1st-april-2016/

Grand Opening of Harbor Pattaya will be held on Friday 1st April 2016 from 18:00pm onwards.

REDEFINING THE NEW HEART OF PATTAYA

HARBOR PATTAYA “THE FAMILY PARADISE” The Biggest Family Entertainment Center in ASEAN @ PATTAYA CHONBURI THAILAND.

Any news what the plans are for the old TukCom in South Pattaya when Harbour Mall opens?

Any news what the plans are for the old TukCom in South Pattaya when Harbour Mall opens?

Tops recently spent money on refurbishing and enlarging their basement supermarket there so they at least must have some confidence in its future.

The disappearance of the food court and the large number of closed stalls on other floors makes me wonder.

And the new mall isn't even open yet.

I'm surprized there isn't more interest in the "Terminal 21 Complex" - " which is going to dwarf /complement the current shopping opportunities.

Edited by Rimmer
Forbidden link removed

Nobody here believes it will be built or of course wants it to be built. It isn't needed. So it's still early.

When it appears, against all TVF economic reasoning, that it is going to open, then we'll definitely have a thread devoted to it. smile.png

In the meantime, we can fondly imagine that they're clearing space for a parking lot.

I'm surprized there isn't more interest in the "Terminal 21 Complex" - " which is going to dwarf /complement the current shopping opportunities.

Some discussion of it here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/897442-harbor-mall-pattaya-prepares-to-open-in-central-pattaya/

When they actually start building I imagine it will become quite a talking point. The plot is enormous.

• 4 weeks later...

Open already !

Yes I think it is a test to figure what a traffic mess they will create soft opening today, and yes if today is any indication for the future when it's fully open, Pattaya Klang between Sukhumvit and Big C extra will have to be avoided.

Open already !

Yes I think it is a test to figure what a traffic mess they will create soft opening today, and yes if today is any indication for the future when it's fully open, Pattaya Klang between Sukhumvit and Big C extra will have to be avoided.

oh boy it will be worth seeing the traffic jams on Soi Yumefacepalm.gif a small soi with dedicated lanes on either side for use by the disabled in their wheelchairs.it's already a complete mess with a huge volume of traffic that would normally use Sukhumvit using this insteadsad.png .

Nobody here believes it will be built or of course wants it to be built. It isn't needed. So it's still early.

When it appears, against all TVF economic reasoning, that it is going to open, then we'll definitely have a thread devoted to it. smile.png

In the meantime, we can fondly imagine that they're clearing space for a parking lot.

I'll settle for the Foodland on Thepprasit Road that was due for completion last year. There's no point getting excited about empty lots.

There was some activity outside Harbor Mall last night. The Coffee Club was open.

Edited by tropo

Harbor Mall is open. I went there this afternoon. It's already busy.

Inside it's like a narrower version of Central Festival. And a little like Royal Garden Plaza because of all the amusement things for kids.

The ice rink isn't open yet.

It seems like a cross between the Avenue and Royal Garden, destined to be a white elephant as far as I'm concerned, although if it takes traffic away from Big C extra that's a plus.

Thais on an ice rink, now that would be funny.

It seems like a cross between the Avenue and Royal Garden, destined to be a white elephant as far as I'm concerned, although if it takes traffic away from Big C extra that's a plus.

Checked it out today. Nothing to do w/ the Avenue, period. Not so much like RG because far fewer clothing shops and no clutter (yet), very clean & modern. Ton of restos, even pseudo "Hawaiian," various specialty shops a bit upscale. The Tukcom is 2 floors, one for phones, the other computer-related shops. IT City takes up a two-shophouse space at the end. JIB's there, Banana IT, a few others that may have some branch in BKK, I dunno. The kids playground floor was mobbed. Never seen so many kids having such fun. Ice rink, trampoline, fitness center not yet open. Nothing particularly funny about the idea of Thais on an ice rink except in the minds of bigots, as everyone must learn. I remember well my first experience! Couple of schools--English language and music.

Quite a few coffee shops and outlets. I made it a point as I always do to have a cuppa at Starbucks so as to smile and make funny faces at any scowling Brits walking past.

MaxValue supermarket--better called MinValue perhaps. Kind of a smaller CentralFestival Tops me-too, less selection (with some exceptions) but same higher prices. Judge for yourself. Liquor and wine selection disappointing--from the farang viewpoint.

Very crowded today. Getting in & out o' Foodland definitely more problematic than usual. At least the place does seem to have ample parking.

It's only the 2nd day but judging by all the interest and the success of the playground area I think the mall itself is going be a success. Families are gonna love this place--bring the kids, pig out in the restos. Our near-sighted members will never be able to see anyone in there and make the usual doom predictions but no matter. It's here to stay. smile.png

Edited by JSixpack

Just been there. Looks quite nice and definitely not small, nearly as big as Central, I don't know why you would compare it to Royal Garden or the Avenue.

What I find a bit odd that with it being right next door to Foodland we now have the only (?) two 24 h supermarkets in Central Pattaya right next to each other blink.png

Checked it out today. Nothing to do w/ the Avenue, period. Not so much like RG because far fewer clothing shops and no clutter (yet), very clean & modern. Ton of restos, even pseudo "Hawaiian," various specialty shops a bit upscale. The Tukcom is 2 floors, one for phones, the other computer-related shops. IT City takes up a two-shophouse space at the end. JIB's there, Banana IT, a few others that may have some branch in BKK, I dunno. The kids playground floor was mobbed. Never seen so many kids having such fun. Ice rink, trampoline, fitness center not yet open. Nothing particularly funny about the idea of Thais on an ice rink except in the minds of bigots, as everyone must learn. I remember well my first experience! Couple of schools--English language and music.

Quite a few coffee shops and outlets. I made it a point as I always do to have a cuppa at Starbucks so as to smile and make funny faces at any scowling Brits walking past.

MaxValue supermarket--better called MinValue perhaps. Kind of a smaller CentralFestival Tops me-too, less selection (with some exceptions) but same higher prices. Judge for yourself. Liquor and wine selection disappointing--from the farang viewpoint.

Very crowded today. Getting in & out o' Foodland definitely more problematic than usual. At least the place does seem to have ample parking.

It's only the 2nd day but judging by all the interest and the success of the playground area I think the mall itself is going be a success. Families are gonna love this place--bring the kids, pig out in the restos. Our near-sighted members will never be able to see anyone in there and make the usual doom predictions but no matter. It's here to stay. smile.png

Of course it's going to busy when it's just opened. Duh!!!

Let's see how it's going in six months when the novalty wears off.

I'm not sure why you would call me a bigot, obviously you must drive with blinkers over your eyes.

Of course it's going to busy when it's just opened. Duh!!!

Yes. Duh!!!

Let's see how it's going in six months when the novalty wears off.

Let's do. Careful now not to fall victim to TVF Poster New Construction Syndrome (TVFPNCS). It has five stages:

• puzzlement
  • disbelief; "no need"
  • derision; doom prediction
  • hate (disappointment)
  • acceptance

You seem to have made it to Stage 3. And I imagine you'll be joined by a large contingent shortly. It would be helpful to understand the inadequacy of the "my eyeballs at several random intervals didn't see every shop packed" measure of economic success. This may be an insurmountable hurdle, however. Following that, so many of our members are still confounded at how CentralFestival Pattaya Beach even stays open, when in fact it's been a big success. One of our near-sighted members couldn't even see any Chinese in there. I needed to dig out CPN's quarterly report to show what a significant contribution they're making to the bottom line. Saw a lot of Chinese in Harbor yesterday, BTW. Guess the Chinese press had taken note. wink.png

I'm not sure why you would call me a bigot, obviously you must drive with blinkers over your eyes.

But here, as wump agreed, you've been unable to distinguish between Harbor and The Avenue & Royal Garden. The Avenue! smile.png All newbies look funny the first time they get on the ice but I can understand our members will enjoy a moment of their usual condescension when Thais in particular get out there.

Edited by JSixpack

Anyone who claims on a forum on the second day of opening that a mall will be a hit in the future, and thereby ridicule everyone else post who doesn't agree with him, is in my opinion just someone showing his excessive self love.

Edited by TheCruncher

Harbor Mall Review

My first impression was the mall did not feel new...Not because it was run down but because of the architecture and lay out...This mall could just as easily been built 20-25-30 years ago...

The escalators had that feeling like are we ever going to reach the top feel to them....One after another...

The top few floors have loads and loads of those obnoxious loud Thai video games for kids...

There are some really fantastic views of Patttaya on the top floors (Best thing about the place) to bad they did not make this a highlighted focal point instead of a after thought...

The IT floors were ok I guess but uninspiring...There was no buzz like Tukcom...

I got to hand it to the developer they managed to sell/rent a hell of a lot of real estate in a compact mall..

I have no doubt the owners will be laughing all the way to the bank but I have serious doubts all the tenants will...

Would I be inspired to go back?

Nope...

Maybe for the Ice Skating rink....
But

I have no idea where this would go in this small mall....

Edited by fforest1

Anyone how predicts on a forum on the second day of opening that a mall will be a hit in the future, and thereby ridicule everyone else post who doesn't agree with him, is in my opinion just someone who is showing an excessive self love.

Not sure what "hit" means as I didn't say that. But you've been known to make up stuff. Success, yep, I think it will be, though I have no way of knowing how big of a success. Nor did it matter what day I went, as I of course took into account the inevitable crowd at an opening and considered all the other factors in the mall's favor. Nor am I ridiculing but merely observing. Meanwhile I don't expect our doomsayers will come up with any showstoppers, just as you haven't, that make any real economic sense. Repeating over and over won't make it so. Most will merely amount to "I don't like it." wink.png

It will take a while to get to the "acceptance" stage of TVFPNCS. One of our old doomsayers took 7 years finally to admit "I was wrong about Central Festival." Others still haven't got there yet. smile.png

Next.

Edited by JSixpack

Yeah, the Central Festival Pattaya beach naysayers seem to have gotten that one wrong. I think a handful were also predicting that it would physically collapse too. LOL.

Well geographically Central Festival has alot of advantages: On the beach, two incoming streams of traffic from distinct locations ,

in a tourists area,and also the movie theaters and a very good supermarket

I cannot imagine foreign tourists or residents making Harbor a success - whatsoever. With the exception of the Chinese mass tourism - The new definition of success in Pattaya

To continue my quote about being wrong about Central ^ The only way this Harbor is going to make it 6 months is with millions of Bangkok and surrounding area Thais.

So hopefully it will not make it. Im looking for steps # 4 and # 5 in post 52 above to be replaced with I told you so.

Edited by morrobay

Totally the wrong location.

It will go the way of the, Little Duck complex.

location is everything with the amount competition in this town.

Silly billies.

Agree, same as the big Power buy next door where there are never customers, and Welcome town where the businesses disappear faster than they can open.

Is Tukcom a success? I say yes despite its transportation woes and lousy location. Wait until the Sukumvit reconstruction is completed and all the families on the dark side are free to travel again. I envision myself shopping at both Foodland and Harbour Mall. Many here have rushed to judgment (BTW has Central Festival and the Hilton collapsed yet?).