Fast Processing of Documents-Negative Outcome?+

Hi Guys

My partner went to hand documents into VFS Global on Wednesday and as of yesterday received an email that a decision had been made. Tracking them, the documents were in the postal system last evening.

Call me a pessimist but have never heard of a successful outcome after such a short time for a decision. Guess we will find out the reason when the post arrives with the bag of documents.

To all who gave me advice prior to submission - thank you for your help.

There is no triage system whereby applications likely to be refused are weeded out.

When your application reached the top of the pile a decision maker would have processed the application and decided one way or another, the time it takes to process the application is not indicative of the actual result, they seem to be pretty quiet at the moment.

You guys will have known the strength of your application, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the pack to be returned before you know one way or another.

Hopefully you'll get the result before the Christmas break - good luck.

Just to say that the documents and partners passport arrived back today. I realize that the UKVI may not be as busy currently as they can be. However from the application presumably landing on a desk on Thursday 17th December 2015 and being returned to VFS Global Bangkok at around 9a.m. on Friday 19th December 2015, I consider that a fast turn around. The good news is that my pessimism was misplaced and my partner is now the proud holder of a UK Visitors visa.

We had both believed that such a quick turnaround could only have one result, but how wrong we were.

Thank you all particularly the three wise men - namely 'The old Git', 7x7 and Bobbrussel for the precise advice you gave to me from your various posts.

Thank you