JAS, True announced the winners

Wow.. Didn't True struggle to come up with the bank guarantees for the last licence. Will be interesting to see WHERE the money is coming from!

That is an easy one, TRUE is owned by CP Food, ring a bell?
Not exactly , CP are shareholders (27%) as are china mobile (18%), maybe more significant in the long term. Edited by wordchild

If True's dreadful ADSL service is anything to go by 4G will be a disaster

I am still waiting to get 18Mb has stated on Invoice - had ADSL 2+ years now Best I have got is about 10MB and that is rare

JGV

If True's dreadful ADSL service is anything to go by 4G will be a disaster

I am still waiting to get 18Mb has stated on Invoice - had ADSL 2+ years now Best I have got is about 10MB and that is rare

JGV

Sure you have your Mb's & MB's correct in your post for your quoted ADSL service?

If you are getting 10MB from a 18Mb connection, then yes, that would be extremely rare.........................wink.png

All the Thai mobile shares (and JAS) are opening sharply lower this morning. As expected really after the auction result. Difficult to know where things settle down until we learn more about what JAS is going to do (to fund the concession costs) and what their strategy is.

Edited by wordchild

I am really surprised JAS have not announced anything about a potential partner this morning. They were rumoured to have been in talks with Korean and Japanese telcos. Even just saying they are in discussions to find one would help. It is pretty clear that JAS do not have the ability to fund the licence (and build out costs) on their own and until they say more about this the shares are trading on thin air.

Edited by wordchild