• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Digging starts at Chalong Underpass site

rooster59

Digging starts at Chalong Underpass site

1_2015121910233429_KieUCEemvzKMwMfRcNPuV

PHUKET: Construction workers have started digging drainage ditches on each side of Chao Fa West Road for the Chalong Underpass project, the Phuket Highway Department confirmed yesterday.

Work started on December 17, closing one south-bound lane of Chao Fa West Road.

“It will only take us 15-20 days to put in the drains along a two-kilometer stretch of the road,” said Phuket Highway Department Project Engineer Chalermpol Wongkiattikun. “We will not start digging the actual tunnel itself until next year.”

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Digging-starts-Chalong-Underpass-site/62676?desktopversion#ad-image-1

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 201512-19

Note to self: Avoid everything Chalong for the next 2-3 years. Traffic cops plus construction= Complete and utter chaos! coffee1.gif

“It will only take us 15-20 days to put in the drains along a two-kilometer stretch of the road,” said Phuket Highway Department Project Engineer Chalermpol Wongkiattikun

I believe must be an error by the journalist, I am sure he said 15-20 WEEKS as the engineer is always spot on with his predictions.

Is this the same mob that still haven't finished the drains outside the International Hospital after about two years?

Oh yeah that is a disgrace.

They first said labor shortage and the next excuse was sand shortage. Sand??? I kid you not.

That road work has caused numerous accidents, i even saw a BMW Z3 upside down in the ditch when he drove into it at night because its poorly lit and no barracade on that section.

It also bottlenecks the traffic even more.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/843235-flying-bmw-inspires-phuket-roadworks-safety-boost/

Edited by hansgruber

• 4 weeks later...

Note to self: Avoid everything Chalong for the next 2-3 years. Traffic cops plus construction= Complete and utter chaos! coffee1.gif

“It will only take us 15-20 days to put in the drains along a two-kilometer stretch of the road,” said Phuket Highway Department Project Engineer Chalermpol Wongkiattikun

I believe must be an error by the journalist, I am sure he said 15-20 WEEKS as the engineer is always spot on with his predictions.

I believe I was much too optimistic predicting that it would take 15-20 weeks. 4 weeks have past and being generous they are at around 250 meters.

I believe I was much too optimistic predicting that it would take 15-20 weeks. 4 weeks have past and being generous they are at around 250 meters.

But they have a 30 day grace period for Songkran and New Year, if it's the same as the Samkong Underpass, so they in theory haven't even started yet!

Edited by madmitch