Retirement visa extension combined income and bank deposit

Ok. So sound relatively straight forward if needed so, transfer 800 over I've got an account at the x's address shes kept it open by topping it up for me, Come in on a 12 month visa which costs,, or will a free normal tourist stamp on entry suffice ? than apply and get you have to report every 90 days, that's a pain, but not the end of the world, and do they proof of 800 000 bhat on each 90 day period or just once a year? Excuse the weird out of place full stops the key boards small and the fingers ain't quite as nimble as they once Were.

Thanks again guys.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You are not reading it "right"

• To begin with you need a single entry non immigrant "O" visa obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside of Thailand.(or by way of "conversion" from a TV or visa exempt entry)
  • During the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the visa will provide you apply for an "Extension of Stay based on retirement (It is NOT a visa)
  • During the life of the extension every 90 days a report is made to immigration
  • If travel outside Thailand is undertaken a re-entry permit must be obtained to keep the extension alive.
Ok so that clears up the entry visa issue, the rest i think I've got report every 90 days. And apply for a re entery permits everytime you leave, i take it that as long as you behave yourself its a given you get the re entery permit.

You can obtain a one year O-A visa for retirement in country of residence but that requires medical and police report - most just entry with a single entry non immigrant O visa from a nearby country Thai consulate or an honorary type in there home country - that provides 90 day stay and then then extend. There is also an option to arrive on a tourist or visa exempt and convert in Bangkok to the above non immigrant O - extra cost and two trips.

You only need proof of finances for yearly extensions. 90 day reports can be done by mail or online or by others as well as by yourself.

• Like 2

why not do a married man yearly extension, 40,000 baht per month income or 400, 000 baht in bank, no combination method allowed. from you figures that should be do-able

Yes, I thought about it, BUT, then it would be no more possible to do the 90 days report by mail???

Other disadvantages, I could in the future not use anymore the option to combine my income with the bank-deposit??!!

400 000 Baht for 3 month in the bank, for married visa and 800 000 for retirement visa.

• To begin with you need a single entry non immigrant "O" visa obtained from a Thai Embassy/Consulate outside of Thailand.(or by way of "conversion" from a TV or visa exempt entry)
  • During the last 30 days of the 90 day stay the visa will provide you apply for an "Extension of Stay based on retirement (It is NOT a visa)
  • During the life of the extension every 90 days a report is made to immigration
  • If travel outside Thailand is undertaken a re-entry permit must be obtained to keep the extension alive.
Ok so that clears up the entry visa issue, the rest i think I've got report every 90 days. And apply for a re entery permits everytime you leave, i take it that as long as you behave yourself its a given you get the re entery permit.

would be a possibe new topic" Re-Entry visa denied for various resons" such as......

why not do a married man yearly extension, 40,000 baht per month income or 400, 000 baht in bank, no combination method allowed. from you figures that should be do-able

Yes, I thought about it, BUT, then it would be no more possible to do the 90 days report by mail???

Other disadvantages, I could in the future not use anymore the option to combine my income with the bank-deposit??!!

400 000 Baht for 3 month in the bank, for married visa and 800 000 for retirement visa.

Getting an extension based upon marriage would not effect being able to do mail in 90 day reports.

You could use the combination method again if you changed back to a an extension based upon retirement.

The 400k baht only has to be in the bank for 2 months. The 800k for retirement has to be in the bank for 3 months.

Ok so that clears up the entry visa issue, the rest I think I've got to report every 90 days. And apply for a re entery permits everytime you leave, i take it that as long as you behave yourself its a given you get the re entery permit.

...exactly what I did and succeeded, thtks for the reminder of the Non O visa abroad.

Again, on what ground (s) do the immigration offices deny a re- entry visa ?? If it ever happened?

Behave yourself< not to whack the missus once in a while?

Edited by kraxlhuber

thanks people are really helpful on this thread

So. Am i reading that right 800, 000 baht ie about 20,000 sterling in a Thai bank account for 3 months will get you a retirement visa?

Yes if you are at least 50 years of age.

And its an "extension"/"permission to stay" based on retirement for one year.

After having the stamp you can use the money, just make sure the account is filled up again in time for next application.

So again just so i'm reading it right to get the initial stamp the cash has to be the Thai bank account For 3 months and then. You will be allowed a one year retirement visa. after the initial stamp the Cash has to be in the account for For3 months b4 the renewal date. Ie The rest of the time Its available to use if needed. There's no need to report/check in with anyone between the 12 months ? Rather than reply a quick 'like ' will work if I've got it right cheers again folks

Cheers, have a Tiger, or any of the amber stuff,

BTW, is there any member out there working in the Oil-patch? Pls contact me.

I am such a fellow, not too old for that

• 2 months later...

sounds reasonable, BUT it will take time to get the Married man yearly extension, the missus has to go with me as well to the immigration office in

Mae Sai

You purchase the re-entry permit - nothing to do with behaving yourself (that would be a loss of extension matter). As long as you are permitted to stay you can purchase a re-entry permit to keep that current permitted to stay date.

" I take it that as long as you behave yourself it;s a given you get the re-entry permit" sounds bad to me , e.g, if you get into problems with your neighbor and itgoes to court and a fine was implied and a 3 month jail sentence was suspendet has thatall implications.

The neighbor a bar lady from Pattaya set up a Larb Moo joint but at night uses the place as a bar, Karaoke ( open air) and plays very loud music, I complained to her and she said " this is my country and if you dont like it here you Hau ab she said in german where she worked the nightclubs until she was expelled??? !!! Now That was sheer provocation because the lady of the night likes my/ our place and i have also a restaurant but the low lifes in this small town made a lot of noise and I closed the Place.

A post has been removed from view. Per forum rules:

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.