China town bkk hobby store

WilliamCave

About 2 years ago I found a all hobby shop in china town that sold remote cars plnrs etc

I tried to find it again because I need a new rechargeable batters for my remote control boat.

Does any poster know the place ?

Most of there remote control toys are higher end .

And it is the only place I found the battery I need

Hope some posters here can help me

Thanks in advance

Sorry I can't help with this one, but shops do regularly change hands and produce.

I went to a hardware shop in Udon that I was familiar with and asked for two 1 inch nipples, only to find it is now a massage shop.

Hoping dome poster reads this today ,

So reposting

Any hobby shop in bkk would be ok with me

I am not referring to the garbage sold at markets looking more for the adult remote control toys like trucks etc

I have seen some good ones for around 5000 baht

And I need new batteries for the boat I have now

Thanks in advance

The most prevalent batch of hobby shops in Chinatown have been torn down a few weeks ago- search Saphan Lek for more info.

Lots of hobby shops in the bowels of Klong Thom market in Chinatown, but not in the same concentration as Saphen Lek.

Most convenient for me, though is in the basement at Fortune Town at the Phra Ram 9 MRT stop. Pretty good selection of batteries.

The most prevalent batch of hobby shops in Chinatown have been torn down a few weeks ago- search Saphan Lek for more info.

Lots of hobby shops in the bowels of Klong Thom market in Chinatown, but not in the same concentration as Saphen Lek.

Most convenient for me, though is in the basement at Fortune Town at the Phra Ram 9 MRT stop. Pretty good selection of batteries.

Could you be more specific about the hobby shops in Klong Thom market I tried to google map it . Do u have a land mark or hotel it is near thanks in advance

Khlong Thom Center Market is the most widely recognized landmark in the area.

Point your GPS or Google Earth at 13 44 46.87N x 100 30 25.34E

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@13.7461594,100.5066823,17z?hl=en

Edit: The whole area is a little discombobulated nowadays as they ran off many of the street vendors and closed down the Saphan Lek market. You may have to wander around the alleys to find what you're looking for, but there are quite a few hobby shops and kiosks still in the area.

Edited by impulse

Hi

Same problem battery pack needed for my sailboat here in Phrachuap,see attached photo

Try Amorn company I used an outlet in Klong wan (actually Mrs Poohy went she just took old pack and they copied) they have many sites in Bangkok will make up packs or just sell any sort of battery

failing that for other model stuff i use Rotor Hobby Singapore great service

post-55238-0-94426700-1450753852_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your help

Sorry late getting back to you

I did find the hobby store behind khlong Thom market in china town

They have a lot of batteries for most remote control toys and lots of parts for the higher end ones and I was impressed

I got 2 batterers for 800 baht so the price was good .

I noticed they sell some high end remote control toys in the range of 5000 baht and up

I really enjoyed going in there but came out with a lighter pocket I dropped 9000 baht there just had to get another remote control car with 4 by 4 .great fun

Thanks again for the help

Thanks for your help

Sorry late getting back to you

I did find the hobby store behind khlong Thom market in china town

They have a lot of batteries for most remote control toys and lots of parts for the higher end ones and I was impressed........

any directions on how to find the shop ?

I know Klong Thom area but have not seen it

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Same problem battery pack needed for my sailboat here in Phrachuap,see attached photo

Try Amorn company I used an outlet in Klong wan (actually Mrs Poohy went she just took old pack and they copied) they have many sites in Bangkok will make up packs or just sell any sort of battery

failing that for other model stuff i use Rotor Hobby Singapore great service

Can they also copy battery's for powertools? Or just rebuild the old ones?

In the moobaan where my friend lives they have a huge lake where they race rc sailingboats many nights. They do matches with many boats. Those things go pretty fast.

In the moobaan where my friend lives they have a huge lake where they race rc sailingboats many nights. They do matches with many boats. Those things go pretty fast.

The Armon shop I went to over by the India Area had an area on the side that fixed battery "boxes"

they took them apart and replaced the batteries with new ones ,

I never asked how much , but great if you have a power tool where replacement batteries are not made

The Armon shop I went to over by the India Area had an area on the side that fixed battery "boxes"

I never asked how much , but great if you have a power tool where replacement batteries are not made

I think those "boxes" are UPS batteries for computerservers.

I have a Hitachi cordless screswdriver which is too good to throw away, batteries are weak. With new batteries this can be a lifechanger for somebody upcountry. It's a great tool but can't buy batteries in BKK. I have a new one allready and want to give it away with new batteries.

Around the old Siam mall are many electronic shops, one is upstairs on 1 st floor ina building and it sells circuitboards and so. Don't know the streetname.

Amorn is in a sidestreet coming out of the mac donalds in the old Siam mall, just cross the street and go in that soi. I went there years ago.

Bangkok needs a specialized battery-shop who only sells batteries, ALL sizes and models.

I will go see that area myself soon and bring the tool.

I think a lot of Amorn shops provide this service. They will solder together ni-cad batteries in the same configuration as you need using an industrial soldering machine. Price is about 60 baht per cell plus about 20 baht for the service.

The one I used was in Ban Mo. which is a well known Soi opposite the Old Siam Plaza shopping mall in Chinatown.

I think those "boxes" are UPS batteries for computerservers.

I have a Hitachi cordless screswdriver which is too good to throw away, batteries are weak. With new batteries this can be a lifechanger for somebody upcountry. It's a great tool but can't buy batteries in BKK. I have a new one allready and want to give it away with new batteries.

Around the old Siam mall are many electronic shops, one is upstairs on 1 st floor ina building and it sells circuitboards and so. Don't know the streetname.

Amorn is in a sidestreet coming out of the mac donalds in the old Siam mall, just cross the street and go in that soi. I went there years ago.

Bangkok needs a specialized battery-shop who only sells batteries, ALL sizes and models.

I will go see that area myself soon and bring the tool.

The Old Siam Plaza have a battery shop and will replace build in batteries while you have a coffee.

I think a lot of Amorn shops provide this service. They will solder together ni-cad batteries in the same configuration as you need using an industrial soldering machine. Price is about 60 baht per cell plus about 20 baht for the service.

The one I used was in Ban Mo. which is a well known Soi opposite the Old Siam Plaza shopping mall in Chinatown.

There is also an Amorn shop inside Olde Siam, 2nd floor I think.

Don't think there is any Amorns in Thanon Baan Mo as such, but there is one in a wee soi/trok going between Th. Baan Mo and Th. Afdasang (or is it Atdasang?)

If you exit Olde Siam on the long side NOT facing Th. Charoen Krung you will see a road (maybe 3 or 4 lanes) to the left with one way traffic running towards you,

if you walk down that street, against the traffic; the first real intersection you get to will be with Th. Baan Mo running left-right,

go into Th. Baan Mo on the left side, after a few meters 20? 30? there will be a narrow trok leeding off to the left

halfway down that trok (or maybe it should better be called a tunnel) you will find an Amorn on the left hand side.

(have a lot of batteries)