Am I in Black List or Not ? Help Please

2 month ago, I have talked with Elite Visa Agency. I just wanted they check me for blaclist. And I asked to them this ;

If I am in the blacklist of Thailand, is this possible can I get Elite visa 5 year (cost is 500.000 baht) Below the answered of them ;

Dear Sir,
When you mentioned that you was rejected entry to Thailand, I believe you are referring to immigration officer. Immigration officer have their right to stop anyone from entering Thailand, whether or not this person is in their blacklist or not.
If someone is in the blacklist, he will not be able to apply for Thailand Elite Privilege Card. Since we do not know if you are blacklist or not, I suggest you can apply first, we will take a few days for clearance check. Once we know you are clear, you can then pay for the Elite card. If not clearance check is not clear, then simply don't pay and at least you know if you are blacklisted or not.
Our office will send your detail to immigration office for a​ clearance check, which usually takes 3 to 4 working days. After which you ​should​ ​receive​ an approval letter from ​us
After I sent to them copy of my passport for check. And I waited 1 week. After they sent to me below a-mail ;
Dear Sir,
Greetings from Thailand Elite ….
We would like to inform you that we acquired an approval letter of Mr. Aksan, Serkan from Thai Immigration Office.
That means Mr. Serkan Aksan is not under the watchlist (blacklisted) of Thailand.
If they trust to me, Then I am not in blacklist, Should I be sure ?
Thanks all

Below is an example of a blacklist stamp:

attachicon.gifBlacklist stamp 20130126.jpg

Hi Maestro;

Yes have a as that pic a stamp, I share it, is this really blacklist ?

That is a denial of entry stamp under section 12 of the immigration act showing clause 3 as the reason.

"3. Having entered into the Kingdom to take occupation as a laborer or to take employment by using physical without skills training or to work in violation of the Ministerial Regulations."

You are going to need to provide some proof you have financial resources from outside the country to overcome the suspicion you are entering the country to work.

Below is an example of a blacklist stamp:

attachicon.gifBlacklist stamp 20130126.jpg

Hi Maestro;

Yes have a as that pic a stamp, I share it, is this really blacklist ?

That is a denial of entry stamp under section 12 of the immigration act showing clause 3 as the reason.

"3. Having entered into the Kingdom to take occupation as a laborer or to take employment by using physical without skills training or to work in violation of the Ministerial Regulations."

You are going to need to provide some proof you have financial resources from outside the country to overcome the suspicion you are entering the country to work.

Thank you Ubonjoe

When I come to Thailand again, I will carry to 40 - 50.000 baht in my pocket. Do u think Is this enough ?

And when I came to Thailand before at 08/2012, I had declaration at suvarnaburi airport (25.000 euro) If this can help more, I will try to find that declaration. Now it is lost

Having cash will not be enough to overcome a clause 3 denial. You need to prove you have the financial resources in Turkey to prove you do not need to work here to live here.

Apparently you were able to show enough to avoid a clause 2 denial when you entered the country.

"2. Having no appropriate means of living following entrance into the Kingdom."

They often use clauses 2 and 3 together for denial of entry.

Ok, I see. I think other reason too, when they checked to me, they seen, I have lived in thailand for 2.5 years, May be for it they think I am as labour .

thanks a lot

Although your nationality will no doubt have played a small role due to recent events I think it just gave cause for the IO to look at your time in Thailand more closely. Having lived here for 2.5 years and then entering with an ED visa you have the profile of someone that may be working. I think it's that simple. How you convince the next IO that you don't need to work is the difficulty.

• Like 1

If they see a denied entry stamp in your passport they're more likely to do it again. New passport = a clean start.

If it were me, I''d get all my paperwork and bank accounts together along with a clean PP and go to the Thai embassy back home and try to get a tourist visa.

"New passport = a clean start."

Not really. As said "Getting a new passport would not help. When you enter with a new passport they do a search to find out if you have entered before on different passport.

You give no reason that you would be blacklisted for. Have you had any legal problems or been deported in the past.

They probably have you flagged for being denied entry previously. What was the reason for that denial of entry.

Getting a new passport would not help. When you enter with a new passport they do a search to find out if you have entered before on different passport.

Edited by Suradit69

Ok, I see. I think other reason too, when they checked to me, they seen, I have lived in thailand for 2.5 years, May be for it they think I am as labour .

thanks a lot

Although your nationality will no doubt have played a small role due to recent events I think it just gave cause for the IO to look at your time in Thailand more closely. Having lived here for 2.5 years and then entering with an ED visa you have the profile of someone that may be working. I think it's that simple. How you convince the next IO that you don't need to work is the difficulty.

I think that the OP needs to show a regular source of money into his home country bank

That money, IMO, should be worth about 66,000b / month.

This is the amount retired people have to show.

If it were me, I would get my bank to write a letter to say that I have the money shown on my statements and or in a bank book.

I would take these papers to my embassy or consulate and have them write a letter agreeing that I have the money, and asking that Immigration give their assistance to this man. I would do this as close to arriving in Thailand as possible.

Authorities are only interested in seeing very up to date proof.

An old letter would be useless.

Please understand that for a retirement extension you must be 50+

You must show 800,000b in a Thai bank or

a regular monthly income in your home country of 66,000b

or

a combination of both a lump sum and income.

so if you had say 400,000b in a lump sum and a monthly income equal to 33,000b or more

that would meet the requirements for a retirement visa.

If you were married, then the money to be showed is halved.

If you are over 50, and can meet the proof of money, then maybe this could be an option to follow?

Joe, what do you think, am I talking rubbish?

EDIT

The letters should be in English?

Edited by laislica

Hi Rob,

Yes may u right, I did not have return ticket when I arrived. I from is Turkey.

think you said it yourself no return ticket and stayed 2.5 years you must have worked in thier eyes and Thailand better country to stay in then turkey so they think you not go back home

Edited by mickyboy

thanks a lot

I think that the OP needs to show a regular source of money into his home country bank

If it were me, I would get my bank to write a letter to say that I have the money shown on my statements and or in a bank book.

I would take these papers to my embassy or consulate and have them write a letter agreeing that I have the money, and asking that Immigration give their assistance to this man. I would do this as close to arriving in Thailand as possible.

or

so if you had say 400,000b in a lump sum and a monthly income equal to 33,000b or more

If you are over 50, and can meet the proof of money, then maybe this could be an option to follow?

EDIT

What makes you think he needs an income equal to that needed for retirement. Much less than that would needed. Only 20k baht is needed to get a visa or satisfy immigration you have enough money for your trip.

How would he be able to find an embassy or consulate for his home country while he already there in his home country. They don't exist.

• Like 2

thanks a lot

or

EDIT

What makes you think he needs an income equal to that needed for retirement. Much less than that would needed. Only 20k baht is needed to get a visa or satisfy immigration you have enough money for your trip.

How would he be able to find an embassy or consulate for his home country while he already there in his home country. They don't exist.

Only that if the OP plans to stay long term, not working he would be OK with a retirement extension.

If he is over 50 and has the cash and can prove it.

He should be able to get a no O visa and enter on that and convert it to a retirement extension.

Currently he is in the unfortunate position of having to prove, without any doubt that he has funds....

If he had the funds and proof, surely it would convince the Immigration officer that he was a Quality Tourist?

This is a non-technical, but I think an important point: Always wear clean, businesslike clothes, short hair, fresh shave, look as "respectable" as possible. Hide tattoos if any. Glasses are good. I think these things do help. And smile.

I know that ED visas are getting extreme scrutiny now.

Edited by Ebumbu
  • Like 1

Thanks Chang Mai

Yes I just support to her, and she care me. I didn't working by myself, and during 2.5 years i never a problem about all. mean I had lived according to the rules of Thailand.

What you mean" support her"?

2.5 yaers? What kind visa?

And visa its not garranty entry any coutry. Just imigration oficer on passport control decides allow entry or not.

And you stay 2.5 yaer, so may be his ask you returm ticket and money in you pocket. You may be do not have so have decedes allow your entri. As you potencial illegal workers.

Thanks all for comments for suggest to me,

I am 35 years old. So retired visa is not able smile.png I used visa during 2.5 years, tourist and last non-b , as like study.

And I support to my gf about financial..

And now, thaivisa.com answered to me, they says '' you are not in blacklist'' I think I should try to entry again , with new passport , return ticket , more money , and with good view .

Good luck! And remember that if you and your girlfriend really love each other then get married, then you can get the Non-O visa with just 400,000 in the bank! :)

Thanks all for comments for suggest to me,

I am 35 years old. So retired visa is not able smile.png I used visa during 2.5 years, tourist and last non-b , as like study.

And I support to my gf about financial..

And now, thaivisa.com answered to me, they says '' you are not in blacklist'' I think I should try to entry again , with new passport , return ticket , more money , and with good view .

Good luck! And remember that if you and your girlfriend really love each other then get married, then you can get the Non-O visa with just 400,000 in the bank! smile.png

Thanks Kasset,

I thinking to marry indeed. If not, visa will be problem always :)

And Dearest Friends

I will have visit to a friend in Malaysia, first I will go to Malaysia , Should I get tourist visa from Malaysia or I have to get visa from my country ?

And visa is 2 month + 1 month. Which date I should get to return ticket, after 2 month or after 3 month ? I will buy real ticket not booking,

• Like 1

@ OP: If your GF is in Thailand, you can ask her to appeal the decision of the (senior) Immigration Officer that refused you entry. I think there are time limits though. e.g. you have to appeal before x hours/days.

See similar thread (story) here. There is probably many more people who face (or have faced) the same situation as you. Do a search on these forums, there is bound to be many more stories like yours.

Edited by meltingpot2015

And Dearest Friends

I will have visit to a friend in Malaysia, first I will go to Malaysia , Should I get tourist visa from Malaysia or I have to get visa from my country ?

And visa is 2 month + 1 month. Which date I should get to return ticket, after 2 month or after 3 month ? I will buy real ticket not booking,

Malaysia offers 3 month Visa exemption on arrival for most including Turkish citizen. you have 90 days to stay there if needed.

And Dearest Friends

Malaysia offers 3 month Visa exemption on arrival for most including Turkish citizen. you have 90 days to stay there if needed.

Yes Tonray I know to malaysia 90 day free,

I mean, for thai tourist visa, Should I get from Malaysia or from here ? and how must to have return ticket, thanks

And Dearest Friends

I mean, for thai tourist visa, Should I get from Malaysia or from here ? and how must to have return ticket, thanks

In Malaysia, Penang consulate easier than Kuala Lumpur embassy. But if you are in Turkey now...maybe best to apply for METV visa at embassy there don't you think ? Give you much more time and flexibility

And Dearest Friends

In Malaysia, Penang consulate easier than Kuala Lumpur embassy. But if you are in Turkey now...maybe best to apply for METV visa at embassy there don't you think ? Give you much more time and flexibility

in here Thai embassy wanna see in the bank 5700 usd for METV, I think much it, 3 month single entry is enough for me first , bc I thinking to marry inside 3 month,

And Dearest Friends

It would be best to get the Tourist visa from your home country. You will have 3 months to enter (use) the visa. Whenever you enter within the 3 months they will give you a 60 day stay.