Private "taxis" within Pattaya you can book in advance?

wpcoe

I've been having horrible experiences with GrabTaxi not showing up after the driver accepts my ride request. I almost missed my prepaid Bell Travel bus from Pattaya Nua to Hua Hin last week because of a GrabTaxi no-show. Plus, the GrabTaxi system froze or something so I couldn't cancel that driver to request a new one.

I contacted Mr.T and a few other ride services I've accumulated on my phone over the years, but they all only go to the airport or downtown BKK or further. They do not do rides from one point in Jomtien/Pattaya to another point in Jomtien/Pattaya.

I'm mainly looking for rides between Jomtien and Pattaya Nua. Any recommendations/referrals? Ideally I'd like one that I could confirm in advance, like the day before.

Couldn't you just get the number of a few of the "metered" taxis around town and put those in your phone. Sure you'll get ripped on the fare but presumably you don't go to the airport too often. And you should definitely report those no-show drivers to Grab taxi so they can be kicked off the system.

In the beginning, GrabTaxi was responsive to feedback. The past several times, I've not heard back from them, so what's the point. The mobile phone number they gave me for Pattaya GrabTaxi rep has been disconnected, as well.

Next time I'm in town and see a taxi, I'll take down a phone number. I'm assuming there's no central phone number to call for a metered-but-meter-not-used taxi in Pattaya?

I used grab taxi in Bangkok quite often and they were quite reliable. Tried them in Pattaya once, only to find out that they don't have taxis with meters but fix price only. Not impressed.

However, I saved the number from the driver and made now a booking for new years night to get back home from a party.

In the beginning, GrabTaxi was responsive to feedback. The past several times, I've not heard back from them, so what's the point. The mobile phone number they gave me for Pattaya GrabTaxi rep has been disconnected, as well.

Next time I'm in town and see a taxi, I'll take down a phone number. I'm assuming there's no central phone number to call for a metered-but-meter-not-used taxi in Pattaya?

They cluster at the entrances of the shopping malls...Avenue, Royal, and Central Beach have lots. Just ask the drivers for their personal numbers and save them on your phone. As for Grap Taxi in Pattaya, I've had pretty good luck with them. I live out at the far end of NPW and use them to go to the bus station when I go on overnites to Bangkok. It's not a meter fare but the fixed fare (by distance and set by Grap) is B 215 from my location. I figure a "meter" taxi if I could get one to my location, would be at least 300 or more for the same trip.

When the GrabTaxi system works, it's splendid. When they started out in Pattaya it did and it was *and* they used the meter fare + B50. Boy has it changed since then.

About 50% of the times I've tried to come home from shopping (Central Festival, Tesco, Big C, etc) to Jomtien I got NO takers on a weekday in mid-afternoon. When they flaunted the "Sorry, no drivers. Try tipping to see if that helps" prompt on the app, I tried B50 and B100 tips, but still no takers.

I just registered the "Hail, Yes" app, and will try it next time. At least it gives options: moto-sai, taxi or baht bus. Three ways to be ignored. biggrin.png

Oxymoron is the linking of opposites. Putting taxi service and Pattaya in the same sentence is a good example. I do not know why we hear so much about the misdemeanors of BKK cabbies when Pattaya service is unlawful with no attempt to bring them into line.