How Agoda can offer a room for less then have price then paying at counter reception?

Sandman77

Chivas

those are your facts as reported by you only. the truth is the opposite. there are MANY hotels that wont sell rooms direct to a customer either walk in or email and especially when a hotel uses a 3rd party booking company such as the one in question. If you are emailing a hotel directly to get rooms then it is a small hotel or guesthouse

im not saying you are wrong in your experiences with whatever hotels you have used, im saying your statement is absolutely not correct with MANY hotels and especially ones that have agreements with 3rd party booking companies. what you have experienced is definitely not the norm.

Ok recently Flipper Lodge, Sabai Lodge, Green Park Hotel Yasathon, Arcadia Mansion last 4 hotels I've stayed in could name many more (Arcadia "could" be deemed as smaller albeit a Hotel)

You boys stick with Agoda plus the others. I'll do it the cheaper way and without paying anything up front

In addition why on earth would Agoda terminate their agreement with any hotel when mug punters will still pay their inflated own rate !! Sabai Lodge was the best at 500 Baht Cheaper for same room. Flipper 240 Baht. Green Park 320 Baht and Arcadia (not on Agoda but found 1 site) was 100 Baht cheaper

They are basically corrupt people with nice beaches, food and girls.

It's always amazed me that Thailand has a reputation for nice beaches. Maybe I am just too fussy when it comes to the definition of nice beach.

Replace 'nice' with 'cheap' and it all works out.

• 3 months later...

I try to complain a pattaya hotel where I stayed and booked on agora

There was more then 5 days only cold water in hotel , the hotel reception not want give back any single baht, complaining the issue on agoda was a good idea after 3 month waiting o got back 5000 baht have price of my stay there!