Places in pattaya that take debit card?

bookie baitface

The card itself is a travel card without my name on so they will not accept in bank, also phoned the people I got said travel card off and they said I have to wait till next year to withdraw from ATM because I've hit a 10'000 limit, seen a couple of gogo's on walking street that take MasterCard so might as well blow it all in there, pointless it sitting in the account doing nothing :(

Worse thing about it is I paid £600 just for the travel card then fine print says 10'000 limit, lame!!

I'd be interested to know how you paid £600 have taken 10,000 and still have 50,000 left? Can you tell me what exchange rate you got?

£600 for card, £10000 limit, 50'000 baht left on card so roughly £1000

Doesn't make any sense at all. There is no travel card that costs £600.

I was quite shocked too when I asked the lady in Thompson's to put £6000 on the card, went home checked the balance and 5326 came up, never again

A terrible choice of card with a charge of 5.75% to convert to other currencies. But I don't as to how you or they came to that figure.

Neither do I does anyone know the best option for a travel card for future? Just don't like using my main bank card in atms sad.png

Currently Revolut. No charges at all, unlike Thomson's Card. As an aside Thomson states The maximum card balance is £6000 and there is a £500 a day withdrawal limit. That is more than the 10,000 baht that you claim. In addition, if you loaded up with Pounds, there is a 2% loading charge. So £120 in fees(ridiculous in itself) Then if you wish to spend in Baht, there is another 3% in commissions.

Though why someone would load that much on to a Prepaid card is beyond my comprehension. The form is usually to dripfeed it via debit card or bank transfer.

Utilising Revolut today would net you a rate of 53.55 baht to the £.

Neither do I does anyone know the best option for a travel card for future? Just don't like using my main bank card in atms sad.png

Currently Revolut.

Though why someone would load that much on to a Prepaid card is beyond my comprehension. The form is usually to dripfeed it via debit card or bank transfer.

Utilising Revolut today would net you a rate of 53.55 baht to the £.

that was the idea but every time I went to top up account with my bank card Lloyd's tsb click save would come up to prevent fraud, then I'd be on the phone to the bank for 2 hours trying to prove its me :(

If you are from the UK, have a look at the FairFX card. You can order GBP card, USD or Euro. https://www.fairfx.com

GBP holds £5000, and you can top it up via internet from your bank account. Maximum withdrawal around £400 /day.

If you are from the UK, have a look at the FairFX card. You can order GBP card, USD or Euro. https://www.fairfx.com

GBP holds £5000, and you can top it up via internet from your bank account. Maximum withdrawal around £400 /day.

A terrible idea for Thailand.

I would recommend only Kalixa Pay and Revolut for Prepaid card use in Thailand.