Refugees v migrants: the desperate battle to stay in Europe

webfact

Refugees v migrants: the desperate battle to stay in Europe

606x341_319508.jpg

"There's no solution for us to continue our journey. One must be found for all of us Moroccans. If we stay here, we will die"

PARIS: -- Arriving at a gateway to Europe, boats packed with migrants and refugees continue to land on the shores of the Greek island of Lesbos.

Almost eight-thousand people arrived on Sunday and Monday alone – many of them from northern Africa.

People from Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are taken to a so-called “hot spot” for registration.

Those from Morocco, Tunisia, Iran and Pakistan are not defined as priority refugees.

They face having to return home, against their wishes.

Ahmed, who is from Morocco, told euronews that he arrived six days ago. He said there is nothing to eat and it is cold.

Rasidi, also from Morocco, added: “There’s no solution for us to continue our journey.

“One must be found for all of us Moroccans. If we stay here, we will die.”

Some of those arriving from Morocco, Tunisia, Iran and Pakistan are paying a high price to buy fake registration papers, so that it looks like they are Syrians, Iraqis or Afghanis. But they face tough police screening.

Sepehr, who is from Iran, says he paid 1,600 euros for fake Syrian documents.

He decided to stop being a Muslim, something that is considered to be an offence in Iran.

“There is no 20-year-old who would leave his family, who would leave his country for economic purposes. I had to leave my family, there was no way for me,” Sepehr told euronews.

“I could go to prison for long years or I could get executed, just because I found my way in another religion. And I don’t know what to do now.”

A delegation of EU representatives has been to Greece to hear first hand from organisations working with refugees and migrants.

Zoe is a Greek volunteer, who has been helping on the ground for many months.

“The whole of Europe must feel that it should embrace these people. The governments should get that message. The war must stop,” she said.

“People must be helped, so they feel they are wanted. There is no bigger poverty than being unwanted.”

Reporting from Eidomeni, a Greek village on the border with the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, euronews correspondent Panagiotis Kitsikopoulos said: “The border with the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia is just beyond the tent behind me here.

“Eidomeni is merely a railway passage to northern neighbours.

“But for the refugees who reach here, it’s one step closer to what’s seen as the Promised Land: Northern and Western Europe.”

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-23

How about instead of devoting all their time trying to please their god by committing violent crime, they actually go and get a job? Is it such a crazy idea? Can they really survive on hate and the koran alone? Work, earn money, rent a house and buy food to eat. None of this 'nothing to eat and its cold' so lets invade Northern Europe, turn it into an islamic state nonsense. They will turn northern europe into the islamic dumps they are all fleeing from. Madness!

Once again, in light of the offensive title. There are NO refugees in northern europe. Unless we share a common border with the mideast countries there never will be refugees. They are either economic migrants/welfare seekers or they are involved with propagating islam whackiness.

Refugees ? migrants ? A planned invasion is what it is ! They have screwed up their own countries to the point where living there is unbearable, and now they intend to do the same to any country daft enough to take them, on full benefits of course sad.png

They've screwed up their counties ? Don't you think we in the west might have done a bit to help?

The list of priority countries there - Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan - seems awfully similar to the list of countries the west has intervened to "help" in.

Edited by tebee

Refugees ? migrants ? A planned invasion is what it is ! They have screwed up their own countries to the point where living there is unbearable, and now they intend to do the same to any country daft enough to take them, on full benefits of course sad.png

They've screwed up their counties ? Don't you think we in the west might have done a bit to help?

The list of priority countries there - Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan - seems awfully similar to the list of countries the west has intervened to "help" in.

Iraq and Afghanistan - 100 per cent agree.

Morocco and Tunisia? Are you still blaming the French for these screw-ups?

Pakistan? Are you still blaming the British?

Iran? 1979 until today they have done it their own way.

Syria? It is the fault of the West for doing nothing??

What is wrong with the leaders of Europe?Why don't they all grow some balls and get together with Trump and in the name of National Security find a way to get all the space invaders out of Europe and some other countries. Send them into a Muslim Friendly country before it is to late,they are taking over the World and demanding Money and goods and Housing All this does belong to the Taxpayers and Homeless and Pensioners of the countries what they INVADE. Do-gooders,If you are all serious get the space invaders IN YOUR home and look after them with your money and give them your job your car/Iphone/furniture,,,,AMEN bah.gifbah.gif

And people from those countries are being treated as potential refugees.

Morocco, Pakistan - oh, we don't get benefits there so we want to come and get yours. And bring our families, be given free houses, health care and education, And make sure our internet is fast, our food is halal and build some bigger Mosques; and be quick about it. No we won't make any attempt to change our ways but expect you to do so and smile while we do our best to screw up your country just like ours.

Most are there because of the regime changes in ME by US with NATO help. Others are seeing the doors open so trying their luck as well.

Was reading that many in the US military don't agree with the current foreign policy and see ISIS as the real threat, not Syria.

Also note that there has been somewhat of a purge going on with a lot of experienced US commanders leaving or getting retired. Seems a more compliant command structure is being put in place.

The Europeans are going to regret this Islamification.

What is wrong with the leaders of Europe?Why don't they all grow some balls and get together with Trump and in the name of National Security find a way to get all the space invaders out of Europe and some other countries. Send them into a Muslim Friendly country before it is to late,they are taking over the World and demanding Money and goods and Housing All this does belong to the Taxpayers and Homeless and Pensioners of the countries what they INVADE. Do-gooders,If you are all serious get the space invaders IN YOUR home and look after them with your money and give them your job your car/Iphone/furniture,,,,AMEN bah.gifbah.gif

Because there is no such thing as a Muslim friendly country. Even Muslim countries hate Muslims from other countries. They won't accept them - they know what trouble they can be and how they will expect everything for nothing and never be thankful just more demanding.

I don't understand why Moroccans want to leave Morocco. What's so bad there? I understand that they may want to go to another country to live, work etc. but why 'refugees'?

They want the free ride they perceive is easily available in the West - just like those from Pakistan. Simply illegal economic migrants hoping to cash in on the backs of any real refugees.

Off-topic post and reply removed. The topic is about the US and it's not about Obama.

Please re-read the OP and post in a civil manner. Trolling is not permitted nor are inflammatory remarks.

Why is this topic about the US??? It's about Europe and the vast migration of people fleeing from persecution (religious and other) in Muslim countries.

Off-topic post and reply removed. The topic is about the US and it's not about Obama.

Please re-read the OP and post in a civil manner. Trolling is not permitted nor are inflammatory remarks.

Why is this topic about the US??? It's about Europe and the vast migration of people fleeing from persecution (religious and other) in Muslim countries.

My apologies I meant it is NOT about the US.

Perhaps the words of the Hungarian PM Viktor Orban might interest some people.

Q: Hungary was the first to build a fence to stop the migrant flow, for which you were strongly criticised by many. Today the situation is completely different: even Austria wants to build a fence. Was it difficult to decide that Hungary would build a fence?
A: "The decision itself was not difficult at all. The ensuing campaign of revenge against us was, however, hard to endure and ward off. The decision itself was not hard to make, because one did not need to be a rocket scientist to arrive at it. I myself am not some outstanding expert, but I stand with both feet on the ground. I was born in a small village; over there ten people out of ten would have been able to say what we should do. Even the simplest people clearly knew that we must not let in masses, groups of people whose identities, intentions and origins are unknown; we must not allow these people to march into our lives without any controls. To grasp this, you do not have to be a politician, a state leader, or even a scholar.
"It was to be expected, however, that common sense does not enjoy majority support in Europe today, and that the European great powers would fiercely criticise this decision, because it does not fit into the prevailing ideological line which claims that “borders are bad” and “security is secondary”. This is the trend in Europe today, and our decision went against this."
Cue the usual "progressive" denial, whining and ad hominems against Orban.