PM Prayut announces administration's annual achievements

webfact

PM announces administration's annual achievements

p.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 December 2015 (NNT) - Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha announced today the government’s achievements over the past year, while dedicating their work to the Thai people.

Six Deputy Prime Ministers for security, justice, tourism and sports, technology, society and economy also joined the Prime Minister to announce their individual achievements for the country.

General Prayut stated that today’s announcement was also intended to foster public understanding about the government’s policies and ongoing issues, and how to create both short- and long-term plans to solve them.

The Prime Minister added that the government is determined to achieve the first phase of national reform within a year and six months, before allowing the elected government to assume power in the second phase.

National reforms are expected to be completed in 20 years. Four economic and social development plans have also been made to pave the way for a better future for new generations of Thai people. Each plan will have a life span of five years before the new one is being implemented.

Gen Prayut has also told government officials to drive national growth while keeping in mind public interests. Every sector of the Thai society must work side by side to promote the country’s competitiveness and security. Public servants have been urged to work in a top-down approach.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-23 footer_n.gif

"Each plan will have a life span of five years before the new one is being implemented."

With a coup every 4.16 years.

I don't mean to be a total Negative Nelly, but 4.16 years is the average between coups.

A 20 year plan would be cool if it is adhered to.

Pretty sure it's the first time I've heard that word "plan" in Thailand, so let's hope for the best.

Edited by jaywalker

This is a guy who is happy to rubberstamp reports that over 99% of the population think he is the bees knees, that has got to be the highest approval rating of any government anywhere ever, with all that said can you really believe anything he says about, well...anything actually....

This is a guy who is happy to rubberstamp reports that over 99% of the population think he is the bees knees, that has got to be the highest approval rating of any government anywhere ever, with all that said can you really believe anything he says about, well...anything actually....

I think Kim in N. Korea got more. Especially when he held elections and got 100%votes

It's all getting pathetic and really deluded. Where else in the world do the governments actually blow their own trumpets when scandals are unresolved, ignored, or simply become unreportable under fear of incarceration.

So I wonder what the achievements actually were. Because the reform and reconciliation agendas seem to have fallen very much by the wayside.

And i'm pretty sure Kim Jong Un's approval rate was only mid 90's.

I would love to say something positive about this government, but I honestly can't think of anything they actually did that benefited the country, perhaps with the exception of bike for mum / bike for dad which were both a great piece of innovation to get Thai people on their bikes more often and with actual purpose.

The list of shame however is too long and numerous to list, and would likely have me up for deportation

I think Kim in N. Korea got more. Especially when he held elections and got 100%votes

Saddam Hussein - 100% approval rating.

Dr. No - just 99%.....Old boy needs to up his game.

Edited by jaywalker

20 years to complete reforms? Seriously? There is no way that any of these reforms (what reforms, specifically, by the way) will ever see the light of day. With a corrupt civilian government sure to be elected, if elections are ever held, and then the ensueing coup, how will anything ever get done?

Unless, of course, Prayut intends to stay in power for the duration. And even then, I just do not see the needed reforms actually being implemented.

This 'government' has become a joke. Sad times ahead for Thailand. I suspect 2016 is going to be very rocky.

I think we all know his character by now, and surrounded by yes men, mostly sheep for a population, blah blah, it all adds up to a bowl of brown steaming waste effluent. But who knows, lady luck might step in, or possibly a few real capable people magically drop from the sky, ...fingers crossed.

It could be a long 20 years folks.

The Prime Minister added that the government is determined to achieve the first phase of national reform within a year and six months,​

As this will never happen, the merrygoround will continue, and the guys in uniforms will continue to reap a rich harvest.

Does this mean that all the opposition parties, including PTP have 1% of support between them. Quite an achievement. Hmmmm!

But what achievements?

lottery tickets ok

But on the other hand

Anything to do with seafood basically illegal or slavery not to mention the guy who's fled the country after trying to investigate trafficking

National Airline has about as much credence as a gliding club?

Some park somewhere has statues but they may be falling down!

Am i missing something???

In this neck of the woods things are happening.

Wife's cousin is boss of an earth moving company and has a 30 million baht contract to dig out the silted lake/river at the back of our place as a flood control measure.

No backhanders paid to the local Amphur or even to the Provincial powers that be...all is paid directly by the Government and they check everything...no hint of corruption. Not a bad thing at all.

Also the road into the village has been rebuilt and resealed quite well....same story...no corruption involved as far as the local gossip goes.

This is in Surin province Isaan.

Bit different than what was happening a few years ago.

Many happy people here.

The Government is seen to be actually doing things, not just all talk as in the past.

Must get his metrics from the same analysts consulted by TAT, which office is undoubtedly paid on the extent to which they can strain incredulity.