Karaoke venue that is not ...

orang37

1. a clip-joint whose specialty is kiting the bills of customers

2. full of drunken warblers singing "My Way."

2.a. very crowded

3. an emporium for human flesh of any gender

4. has a good sound system with a good selection of western "classics" as well as Thai songs

4.a. but, does not have a sound system designed to do permanent ear-damage

Yeah, it does sound like this should be sung to the tune of: "... to reach the impossible dream ..."

But, just in case someone knows of such a mythical joint, I'd appreciate a heads-up. I have some friends coming over for the holidays who, like moi, enjoy singing.

cheers, ~o:37;

There are plenty in Bangkok.

Just 3 days ago I went to one right next to Exchange Tower. Maybe someone can help with a name as I didn't pay attention. 7 Thais and one Westerner (me). Total price 3800 baht including 4 hours at the Karaoke booth and insane amount of food.

No one drunk Alcohol.

OP is talking about Chiang Mai, You've made this mistake before. We're in Chiang Mai, you're in Bangkok. Please don't stick your feet in your mouth again thumbsup.gif

Edited by MESmith

There are plenty in Bangkok.

Just 3 days ago I went to one right next to Exchange Tower. Maybe someone can help with a name as I didn't pay attention. 7 Thais and one Westerner (me). Total price 3800 baht including 4 hours at the Karaoke booth and insane amount of food.

No one drunk Alcohol.

and if you did, you could have put a "1" or a "2" in front of 3800.

The malls. Central Airport Plaza -- near the cinema and Kad Suan Kaew in the basement near the back door to the soi that goes to CM Ram. I just know about these places because I hear the racket when I walk by. I suspect every mall has a similar place for the teenagers. They have private rooms that accomodate small groups.

A modern professional karaoke in Chiangmai with a relaxing bar with a large selection of delicious cocktails, wine, whiskey and appetizers, along with private room, excellent sound system would be very successful and profitable.

Unfortunately, the entertainment sector in Chiangmai is based student beer bar, dance clubs and red-light bars. I'm surprised the upscale hotels in Chiangmai don't offer this amenity.

Edited by Motown239

A modern professional karaoke in Chiangmai with a relaxing bar with a large selection of delicious cocktails, wine, whiskey and appetizers, along with private room, excellent sound system would be very successful and profitable.

Unfortunately, the entertainment sector in Chiangmai is based student beer bar, dance clubs and red-light bars. I'm surprised the upscale hotels in Chiangmai don't offer this amenity.

Yeah because that's what really differentiates a hotel as "upscale"......a karaoke machine. facepalm.gif

The malls. Central Airport Plaza -- near the cinema and Kad Suan Kaew in the basement near the back door to the soi that goes to CM Ram. I just know about these places because I hear the racket when I walk by. I suspect every mall has a similar place for the teenagers. They have private rooms that accomodate small groups.

Airport Plaza one is gone....The one that was there had Thai only....

Yeah because that's what really differentiates a hotel as "upscale"......a karaoke machine. facepalm.gif

Not if it's done right....In Ayuttaya by the river there's one with 6/8 sound proofed rooms with upscale systems + full menu and bar service....

We have a good system at home with 20k+ songs and sometimes have a few buddies come by that do (and Can) sing (guess full bar + kitchen applies here too)....

But it's still fun to get out and try outside places fron time to time

Edited by pgrahmm