PM wants to tackle root of problems

snoop1130

PM wants to tackle root of problems
The Nation

30275568-02_big.jpg

THAILAND -- PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha said Wednesday he had staged a coup in the hope of bringing about true and effective nationalreform after the country had been riding a political roller-coaster for 83 years.

The PM made the remarks at the Government House while leading the five major agencies in reviewing the government's one-year performance.

He said the main objective of the announcement was to make all agencies understand the root causes of the problems facing the country and what would be their short, medium and long-term solutions. He expected all conflicts to be resolved.

The PM said he would touch on topics for the future and not those of the past, which could be handled by the justice system.

Prayut said he would like to give the public some ideas about what his government would do for the remaining one year and six months from January next year till July 2017.

He said the situation facing the country was "not normal" because of external factors. "We are being watched by international organisations. There are groups that try to distort the truth. Everyone is demanding democracy, freedom and liberty. I ask if this is possible? We have been on this path for 83 years and faced many coups. So I want true reform for the future of our children," he said.

To achieve reform objectives, the PM said the management of all ministries must be integrated. "We need to link and integrate every ministry's activities. I have already come up with the plan," he said.

The six sectors that must be reformed were: security, the economy, social sector, foreign affairs, administration, law and the justice system.

The reforms he envisioned aimed to strengthen the country's economic structure, improve human life quality through a reformed social sector, move in a proactive manner in terms of foreign affairs, and focus on a top-down management of the country's administration. To reform the justice system, the PM wanted to improve agencies that enforced the law.

Prayut said the government had completed its first stage of reform. It had lasted one year and had been met with heavy criticism and had failed to bring about real reform. "Many countries take many years to reform and have not completed their mission. We have [held office] so far for one year - but we are asked: what have we done?" Prayut said.

He said although the country's economic indicators showed a negative picture, it was only fair to look at other countries around us and the world economy.

He said the government had mapped out a 20-year strategic reform plan and five-year economic development plans till 2036. "New governments taking over should continue these plans to create continuity. We are taking care of 70 million people and not just people in political parties," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/PM-wants-to-tackle-root-of-problems-30275557.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-23

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha said Wednesday he had staged a coup in the hope of bringing about true and effective national reform after the country had been riding a political roller-coaster for 83 years.

wow, major set of round ones there buddy...

The roller coaster ride, in fact the entire darn 'theme park' has been built by the military and their allies...

"We are being watched by international organisations. There are groups that try to distort the truth. Everyone is demanding democracy, freedom and liberty. I ask if this is possible?"

Paranoid bunker mentality. What a child.

This guy oughta work up a few more songs, get some of those sexy camouflaged babes he had dancing around during his "Happiness" campaign,

and take it on the road. Should be some lounge work in Reno...

PRIME MINISTER Prayut Chan-o-cha said Wednesday he had staged a coup in the hope of bringing about true and effective national reform after the country had been riding a political roller-coaster for 83 years.

wow, major set of round ones there buddy...

The roller coaster ride, in fact the entire darn 'theme park' has been built by the military and their allies...

and Thai politicians, corrupt families, population accepting corruption, population accepting the inhuman treatment on non-Thais in Thai industries, etc., etc.

To just point at the military ignoring all else doesn't really help much, just like just pointing at politicians and Amply Rich families doesn't really help much.

Population in need of proper education.

"it was only fair to look at other countries around us..."

GDP Growth rates 2015

Myanmar 8.5%

Laos 7.5%

Cambodia 7.0%

Vietnam 6.5%

Malaysia 4.7%

Indonesia 4.7%

Thailand 2.5%

http://knoema.com/nwnfkne/world-gdp-ranking-2015-data-and-charts

I'm afraid there are no other countries than that 'around us' General Economist!

Edited by waitforusalso

"it was only fair to look at other countries around us..."

GDP Growth rates 2015

Myanmar 8.5%

Laos 7.5%

Cambodia 7.0%

Vietnam 6.5%

Malaysia 4.7%

Indonesia 4.7%

Thailand 2.5%

http://knoema.com/nwnfkne/world-gdp-ranking-2015-data-and-charts

I'm afraid there are no other countries than that 'around us' General Economist!

I guess the reason for Thailand being last in this statistic, is because that most of Thailand's economy is "grey". And we as "foreigners" will not be able to understand this.

But if he did not "pull up the root to Thailand's previous problems", this country would be in a lot worse economic state than it is now.

Then start beheading these thieves who steal the money. And their entire family. That's the only thing that will fix any country. Way out f control. The graft in every country is huge. And corruption is rampant

every country

You want him to behead all the military commanders?

He said the situation facing the country was "not normal" because of external factors. "We are being watched by international organisations. There are groups that try to distort the truth. Everyone is demanding democracy, freedom and liberty. I ask if this is possible?

UnQuote

He makes it clear what lays ahead and the prospect of true democratic representation being slim.

The elections will be token and designed to ensure both an outcome.

With provisions to make sure the Road Map is followed.

In other words a continued influence.

"Meet the new Boss ...same as the old boss"

And it won't come as any surprise if its Him.

And that's only if we are gullible enough to yet again believe elections are going to even take place.

His remarks denouncing agencies are very concerning .

Only rogue nations refute such groups as Human rights, UN ,and EU .

Even more recently US envoys....the propaganda retorts are getting much more anti western.

I would be reading Thai Visa daily if I was a westerner still residing there .

This is getting suspiciously like a closing state accord.

And the government becoming paranoid and less predictable .

post-219560-0-52167400-1450917467_thumb.

Edited by Plutojames88

Genuine question to those with educated wife or gf. Pls skip if you're dating bg.

Q: How do Thai think about PM statements? I dont discuss politics except with 1 lady friend who tells me she doesn't know what to think about this but who did oppose to Herr T.

Edited by stickylies

The army generals is what the root cause is, the coups !

Should be an article in the constitution that makes coups impossible (can't) !

"Should be an article in the constitution that makes coups impossible (can't)"

Yu'p there was such an article and the junta shredded the constitution and gave itself immunity from prosecution.

So how to eliminate any possible future coups?

The army generals is what the root cause is, the coups !

Should be an article in the constitution that makes coups impossible (can't) !

They should also prevent what initiates these coups. The amart (red and yellow) firing up the population and paralyzing the Kingdom with protesters...which always turn violent.

The one thing that everyone in the nation can be absolutely sure of, is that he will NOT get to the root of any problems here. There is no interest in doing so. Doing so, would expose his friends and his supporters. Doing so, would require the kind of creativity and effort this guy just does not have in his frail little body and mind.

The six sectors that must be reformed were: security, the economy, social sector, foreign affairs, administration, law and the justice system.

No need to reform the education system then..., or maybe it is reformed already and I just didn't notice...yes, that must be it.