Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thai police defend investigation into Britons' murder after Burmese protests

Police say investigation into murder of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller was ‘of a standard that is acceptable’, after two men are sentenced to death

Police in Thailand have defended their investigation into the 2014 murder of two British tourists after a court sentenced two Burmese men to death for the killings.

There were protests outside the Thai embassy in Yangon, Myanmar’s biggest city, and in towns around Thailand over the weekend calling for the release of the two convicts, Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo (also known as Win Zaw Htun). Supporters say the pair were used as scapegoats by authorities in an effort to close the high-profile case.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/27/thai-police-burmese-protests-hannah-witheridge-david-miller?CMP=share_btn_tw

Thai police defend investigation into Britons' murder after Burmese protests

Police say investigation into murder of Hannah Witheridge and David Miller was ‘of a standard that is acceptable’, after two men are sentenced to death

Police in Thailand have defended their investigation into the 2014 murder of two British tourists after a court sentenced two Burmese men to death for the killings.

There were protests outside the Thai embassy in Yangon, Myanmar’s biggest city, and in towns around Thailand over the weekend calling for the release of the two convicts, Zaw Lin and Wai Phyo (also known as Win Zaw Htun). Supporters say the pair were used as scapegoats by authorities in an effort to close the high-profile case.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/27/thai-police-burmese-protests-hannah-witheridge-david-miller?CMP=share_btn_tw

Of course they mean acceptable to them (and the shills here)

Does anyone know what Buddhism says about conspiring to frame two innocents for murders they didn't commit? And what about Buddhists who don't come forward to tell the truth?

For months and months I was convinced that someone would come forward and speak the truth no matter what, because their religion speaks about doing good and the laws of karma but it never happened. Strange.

So of 100's of people on Koh Tao who actually know what really happened nobody came forward with their story? And all out of fear? It's impossible to cover up a story of this magnitude on such a small island! So it's kind of logical that many people know the real story. There must even be farangs who live and work on Tao who know the truth, either working in the diving industry or owning businesses. That nobody sticks their neck out for anyone anymore is maybe part of the time we live in. Can't imagine someone who knows the truth would be quiet and let 2 boys be sent to jail all their lives or even killed for a crime they didn't commit. That's impossible

Interesting post there Dave,

Can I suggest it is because there is simply no one to come forward to.

In another country you might approach your local MP or similar. Thailand has no equivalent of MP because they do not have a parliament, The general has already said he wants the B2 convicted so who could someone come forward to> Sean McAnna won't be coming forward, that's for sure. Anyone caught coming forward will be in ,line for yet another of those assisted suicides.Given that coming forward would most likely be your last act on this earth it might take a while to compose your last words. In another society you might drop by the local parish priest but there is no equivalent of that here. I have long held the view that there is a weakness in the Thai social structure, there is simply no one to talk to. I went out one night to ask people in the soi to lower the noise " Or I will ring the police" Their reply " No need, we are the police" Who can you come forward to?

That makes a lot of sense Glenmohr. There is indeed nobody to talk to and if you do.....yep, makes sense, but what about just posting the story online or sending it to a foreign newspaper, something must be possible, no?

Perhaps this weakness in Thai society is pre-designed. It's an easy way to keep everyone separated and in line because separated they are. The well known Thai phrase; he not my family so I not care.

Follow

Crucial DNA analysis poorly presented, no evidence collection/analysis complied with ISO 17025, no full chain of custody docs given to court

Follow

That Court ruled Koh Tao prosecution/investigation/analysis was of international standard to be strongly challenged on appeal by the defense

Edited by StealthEnergiser

The Police, Prosecutors, Judges, Laboratories, Thai Government, UK Investigators, UK Government and Victims Families are all in on this cover-up to protect a tiny island headsman. blink.png

This of course only makes sense to those who have a hatred for Thais,Thailand or just are getting some faux self-esteem from playing detective and coming up with conspiracy theories.

You see, it worked on you too. They fooled you.

FYI: It only takes covering up critical evidence in the very beginning (by the first one you listed) to get the thing going, it doesn't need to involve all those others you listed.... but you are not into hearing anything potentially logical as it is just hatred for Thais and conspiracy theories.

You went way too far. "Hatred for Thais"--um, what? Somebody disagrees with you and you go ballistic? What is that?

Does anyone know what Buddhism says about conspiring to frame two innocents for murders they didn't commit? And what about Buddhists who don't come forward to tell the truth?

For months and months I was convinced that someone would come forward and speak the truth no matter what, because their religion speaks about doing good and the laws of karma but it never happened. Strange.

So of 100's of people on Koh Tao who actually know what really happened nobody came forward with their story? And all out of fear? It's impossible to cover up a story of this magnitude on such a small island! So it's kind of logical that many people know the real story. There must even be farangs who live and work on Tao who know the truth, either working in the diving industry or owning businesses. That nobody sticks their neck out for anyone anymore is maybe part of the time we live in. Can't imagine someone who knows the truth would be quiet and let 2 boys be sent to jail all their lives or even killed for a crime they didn't commit. That's impossible

In another country you might approach your local MP or similar. Thailand has no equivalent of MP because they do not have a parliament, The general has already said he wants the B2 convicted so who could someone come forward to> Sean McAnna won't be coming forward, that's for sure. Anyone caught coming forward will be in ,line for yet another of those assisted suicides.Given that coming forward would most likely be your last act on this earth it might take a while to compose your last words. In another society you might drop by the local parish priest but there is no equivalent of that here. I have long held the view that there is a weakness in the Thai social structure, there is simply no one to talk to. I went out one night to ask people in the soi to lower the noise " Or I will ring the police" Their reply " No need, we are the police" Who can you come forward to?

That makes a lot of sense Glenmohr. There is indeed nobody to talk to and if you do.....yep, makes sense, but what about just posting the story online or sending it to a foreign newspaper, something must be possible, no?

Perhaps this weakness in Thai society is pre-designed. It's an easy way to keep everyone separated and in line because separated they are. The well known Thai phrase; he not my family so I not care.

I'm sure Andy Hall and MWRN have had feelers out but they can't offer a witness protection program.

Why do you hold Thai citizens to the morals of the country's main religion, when no one does it with the USA and Europe?

Your post just shows how hopelessly naive you are on Thais in particular and humanity in general.

Hey, there's TV's main apologist again!

Why do I hold Thai citizens.......I'm not holding my moral card up for all Thai citizens Karen, I'm only holding my moral card up for the people responsible and the people who know who are responsible and the ones covering for them. That's a big difference. And I am inquiring about something as I don't know but at the same time it was rhetorical.

And I can bet you whatever you want that I know Thais(and not only Thais on KPG!) and people much better than you do.

Edited by DaveinAsia

The Police, Prosecutors, Judges, Laboratories, Thai Government, UK Investigators, UK Government and Victims Families are all in on this cover-up to protect a tiny island headsman. blink.png

This of course only makes sense to those who have a hatred for Thais,Thailand or just are getting some faux self-esteem from playing detective and coming up with conspiracy theories.

You see, it worked on you too. They fooled you.

FYI: It only takes covering up critical evidence in the very beginning (by the first one you listed) to get the thing going, it doesn't need to involve all those others you listed.... but you are not into hearing anything potentially logical as it is just hatred for Thais and conspiracy theories.

You went way too far. "Hatred for Thais"--um, what? Somebody disagrees with you and you go ballistic? What is that?

I think you misunderstand what Nowisee is saying. I believe he is quoting TTT

Amnesty International have called for an independent investigation into the trial (good luck with that!) and the UK newspapers have also highlighted in their reports that Thailand is known to use torture to extract confessions from the innocent. None of this will make any difference to the Thai authorities. Even my Thai wife is disgusted!

Perhaps this weakness in Thai society is pre-designed. It's an easy way to keep everyone separated and in line because separated they are. The well known Thai phrase; he not my family so I not care

The political movements of the yellow and red shirts of the last 10 years belie your statement above.

....ireason....it just occurred to me that the timeline indeed does have a stamp that could be verified with some intel. Look at the rock in the second photo you submitted. The lower right side.....there is a blood ring around that rock. The highest mark of that ring will be the time of the murder. The blood would have coagulated like an oil slick would around the rock and dissipate as the tide receded. It indeed does show how high the water was at the time of the murder....one could deduce the time factor by studying the tides of that night....sigh....doesn't matter now though does it.....

and the phone recovered from the crime scene and put on display long before B2 were arrested what was his explanation for that ????? the one they thought was Hannahs phone

This senior police official is claiming it was Davids phone found behind the residence - there is nothing new about that, and I believe they did find a phone, the question still remains - which one was Davids phone, very easy to make a claim when the evidence was not bagged tagged and recorded properly

The one that had the same IMEI number as the Miller's had provided through the Thai Embassy in the UK

and you know this how exactly

as already pointed out - who do you report it too, not the police - not anyone in Thailand actually because you can trust nobody

even if someone did manage to get someone to listen what good is it, if it is something they heard how can they prove it, would they be willing to go to court as a witness, would they be willing to put their own lives and that of their families at risk. anyone think they would actually make it to court

nope sorry, no one is going to come forward and those that are close to this filthy cowardly act have already been paid handsomely for their trouble and their silence

Is the roti seller still in business or has he retired

It is interesting to reflect upon where the investigation started, in the light of what has transpired. This is from Thai PBS; 23 Sept 2014:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-tourist-murder-suspect-now-arrested-another-run

"The police have arrested a suspect in the murder of two British tourists in Koh Tao and are still hunting for a second suspect who has escaped into Bangkok."

"The southern police chief also assured the public that there was no arrest of scapegoats in this murder case as it now is a focal attention of the world.

He also dismissed any suggestion of local mafias or influential people that could twist the investigation with promise that local influence would pose no obstacle to the police investigation."

Indeed ... original suspects were both sons of 'village headman' ... "He (Pol Lt-Gen Panya Mamen) said both suspects were captured by CCTV cameras and the police have gathered enough evidence to implicate them in the murders". ... and later these favored sons were exonerated and police found the two migrant workers who were ultimately prosecuted and convicted.

Can you smell that smell?

They were suspects

Chris Ware was a suspect

The 3 playing guitar were suspects

the list goes on...

just being a suspect doesn't make you guilty

The only difference is Nomsod came forward and cleared his name having his dna taken in front of the media.

And no one has a shred of evidence to place him on the island at the time of the crime let alone the crime scene.

Two questions if I may,

1) where is the evidence that Nomsod was anywhere else but on the island at the time of the tragedies? The cctv footage in Bangkok has been discredited as doctored and no one has come forward to say he attended any classes or exam at that time.

2) Where is Nomsod's DNA and who cleared it? If you are going to tell us his daddy or the RTP cleared him, folk are just going to laugh at that.

as already pointed out - who do you report it too, not the police - not anyone in Thailand actually because you can trust nobody

even if someone did manage to get someone to listen what good is it, if it is something they heard how can they prove it, would they be willing to go to court as a witness, would they be willing to put their own lives and that of their families at risk. anyone think they would actually make it to court

nope sorry, no one is going to come forward and those that are close to this filthy cowardly act have already been paid handsomely for their trouble and their silence

Sure, I am aware of what is at stake and how this society works as a whole. Let me just put it more bluntly instead of politely; Why are people so scared in this country? Is it in the DNA? Is it cultural brainwashing? Is it religion? What is it that makes people eager followers who can easily be silenced? My real question is actually a much bigger one and perhaps material for a book one day once these pastures have been left behind; Why do certain cultures rebel while others are much easier to control? It can't just be money, that's too simple

Edited by DaveinAsia

I have just had a flash back to the first few months of these two being accused of rape and murder.

Tell me if I am wrong, (I know a few will tell me I'm wrong even if I'm right).

The Burmese were first arrested and held because of a supposed DNA match. The accused were found guilty because of that supposed DNA match.

That was the only thing that mattered.

Now wasn't the case sent back 3 times because dispite the supposed DNA match it wasn't considered strong enough even make it to court.

You are correct Bert

Did the trail ever 'confirm' who the running shirtless man in the photo was?

post-161305-0-21685000-1436621115_thumb.

Interesting that both the man and Nomsod have that bent arm characteristic.

Remarkable, who would have thought there would be two people on one small island with exactly the same left arm characteristic. Remarkable.

....ireason....it just occurred to me that the timeline indeed does have a stamp that could be verified with some intel. Look at the rock in the second photo you submitted. The lower right side.....there is a blood ring around that rock. The highest mark of that ring will be the time of the murder. The blood would have coagulated like an oil slick would around the rock and dissipate as the tide receded. It indeed does show how high the water was at the time of the murder....one could deduce the time factor by studying the tides of that night....sigh....doesn't matter now though does it.....

I found the tides timetable previously and it looked to me that (based on the way one of Hannah's feet had been buried by the lapping sea) her body would have been in the place it was found an hour or more before this figure of 5.30am that came out of somewhere. I'm no expert of course but 5.30 just didn't seem to fit in with the body location and the low and high tide times.

Like you say though, there's not a lot of point in continuing down some of these avenues. Even then that may not signify the time of the murder. My own opinion is that, although that location was where the final injuries were inflicted, it was not where she was initially attacked.

Did the trail ever 'confirm' who the running shirtless man in the photo was?

post-161305-0-21685000-1436621115_thumb.

Interesting that both the man and Nomsod have that bent arm characteristic.

Remarkable, who would have thought there would be two people on one small island with exactly the same left arm characteristic. Remarkable.

Maybe you should send it of to the so called gait expert.

The defense had 2 milionl thb 7 top lawyers and all the same stuff people keep posting again and again.

As an expert on Thailand maybe you could explain how this family is more powerful than the Redbull family ?

He ran over a copper drunk so the main charge would most probably be manslaughter, how come he is hiding out in Singapore and NS is walking around Thailand Freely ?

A tourist could have snapped a photo of NS and hannah at the bar by accident and noticed it months later, then made it public leaving everyone from the top down looking very stupid

So maybe you also could tell me why Prayut a person who is willing to take on Thaksin is bending over backwards for a village headman on a tiny rock ?

Name them so they can refute this, if you don't, then drop it as it is unfair and possibly libelous!!

Oh come off it! Its blatantly obvious!

One particular member has openly said that the island is his life!

Also DJ it is against the law in Thailand to hurt someone's feelings no matter how much truth is involved. Therefore I will not take the bait and name Ali G and Lucky which I would have done in a normal country.

Sure, I am aware of what is at stake and how this society works as a whole. Let me just put it more bluntly instead of politely; Why are people so scared in this country? Is it in the DNA? Is it cultural brainwashing? Is it religion? What is it that makes people eager followers who can easily be silenced? My real question is actually a much bigger one and perhaps material for a book one day once these pastures have been left behind; Why do certain cultures rebel while others are much easier to control? It can't just be money, that's too simple

imo the depth of Police (and others) corruption and the cheapness of life.

If I was local (expat / traveller) and had good info on this the last people I would want to talk to would be the RTP, but I would try to find some way of getting that info to a more independent organisations or individuals, particularly if two more innocent lives were on the line. plus I'd not want to stay somewhere like that any longer. Whilst, sadly, it might not lead to justice it would at least start getting some truth trickling out into the public domain.

Two questions if I may,

1) where is the evidence that Nomsod was anywhere else but on the island at the time of the tragedies? The cctv footage in Bangkok has been discredited as doctored and no one has come forward to say he attended any classes or exam at that time.

2) Where is Nomsod's DNA and who cleared it? If you are going to tell us his daddy or the RTP cleared him, folk are just going to laugh at that.

who by ? the conspiracy theorists, and his phone records were also shown.

2) 4 different institutes took his dna

However, Pol Lt-Gen Prawuth Thavornsiri, the police spokesman, said that police were waiting for the results of DNA tests from three other institutes namelyP Chulalongkorn, Ramathibodi and Siriraj hospitals. He expected the results tomorrow (Saturday).

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772890-initial-dna-test-clears-koh-tao-village-headmans-son-of-murder/

since there are many accusations about the integrety of the DNA testing and results and the judge has asserted that the conviction was based on the DNA tests and a couple of posters on here also claim that the defence team refused to retest and that all original samples are still available, there seems to be a very obvious and simple solution.

If the defence team refused why didn't the prosecution/police have the DNA retested independently "from the original samples" (that some here claim they still have) at the Central Institute of Forensic Science a department of the ministry of justice in Bangkok, wouldn't that have removed once and for all the speculation surrounding the DNA, if the defence as claimed refused to do this then surely this would have been a slam dunk for the prosecution

Pretty simple really unless they had something to hide

so none of the hangem high brigade got any comment about my post ? lol

also since you constantly post about how the defence refused to retest the DNA I thought this Idea would be one you would approve

unless of course the DNA evidence was fabricated and nothing of the claimed original samples exist to have indepently retested

the silence is deafening

I rest my case

Why would the prosecution want the DNA retested - they had already established that the DNA found inside Hannah belonged to the B2. Your post simply doesn't make any sense. The defence was the team that demanded retesting and then for some unknown reason decided not to. The prosecution had nothing to hide as they had already established what it was and when they presented this to the court it put the nail into their coffin.

Don't think that you are smart as your post reeks of confusion!!

ok do I honestly have yo explain lol - the key word is independent, therefore removing any doubt that existed, and since you claim the defence refused then I say a gain what a slam dunk for the prosecution, but then again they have no control over an independent lab so no influence could be applied - they would also have had to produce the original samples which you claim they have and I say they don't

also

The Myanmar government have officially now requested a fundamental review and investigation of this case through diplomatic channels with foreign media as observers, that would ultimately involve a complete independent retesting of all evidence

If the Thai government agree to this (I don't see how they can refuse) then we may just see some truths emerge

Thank you for sharing this. This is great news. Let's face it the more time that goes by the more things they'll totally <deleted> up, and by that I don't mean a farcical police investigation which was designed to fail. Other governments will also no doubt put pressure on them. The British government's missed a trick here for starters. Who cares if the family are so stupid they think this is a kind of justice. Them being morons isn't going to bring their children back. They're a total disgrace endorsing the investigation and helping whoever's done it escape justice. They've totally betrayed their children so they don't deserve sympathy.

I'm seeing a motive for this though and it occurs to me that whilst they were murdered, there's probably more to the story and bearing in mind that even nasty criminals rarely kill people for no reason whatsoever, there may be things they want hushed up such as their children were told not to come as they can't behave at home, or, they've got a history of getting into problems.

The biased statements made precluding Thais from investigation alone should tell you all that all of any forensics will just get planted. They probably don't do such a good job here as in the UK, but the idea that forensics are of any use with totally crooked police in charge of them's a joke, as is the defence seemingly just turning up and standing about for the whole case. This stuff about forensics is Father Christmas stuff. People who think it's reliable in the wrong hands are just like children who don't really deserve to be given the right to blab on and on about it the whole time. You should never be able to run a case on forensics alone, as it's totally jumping the gun. What about motive and things like opportunity and the fear of getting caught (which is included in that)?

If you look into the history of forensic evidence it's basically been used to fit people up who there's zero evidence on loads of times, then, years later they admit that that procedure or other wasn't fool proof or like with finger prints, they just used to look at them and say "yes, that's it", only it was just some man looking at some squiggly lines.

Mon front row in the crime scene. @10 seconds.

Mon stepping over Police barrier to enter a closed crime scene:

Uncle Mon chasing Sean a few hours earlier and then shows up at the crime scene? <deleted>?

Uncle Mon and his cop buddy chased Sean with the apparent purpose of fitting him up for the crimes a week after the murders. Why would he even do that if it was the inconsequential B2 who did it? If you've got double killer(s) right on your patch (bodies found on the beach / in the sea practically in front of his inTouch resort, and blows struck with inTouch's garden hoe) why try and pin it on a random? Surely you'd want the real monsters who did that to be found and dealt with or the same thing could happen again, unless of course you were involved or protecting those who were!

Edited by bunglebag

So i will give an update on who the conspiracy theorist say are in on cover up

The whole of Koh Tao island 15,000

The police

The doctors

The Coroner

The Dna analysts

The 4 institutes that tested Nomsods dna

The Rotti seller

The prosecution

The courts

Prayut