Koh Tao: Suspects found guilty of murdering British backpackers

Jonathan Fairfield

If the British coroner's inquest states that neither victim was raped, then the RTP and judge may have some explaining to do.

And if this is stated I would think in most civilised country's at the very lease a re-trial ordered or an acquittal.

Also the injuries, particularly in David's case.....The small puncture wounds on his face were not caused by a hoe......never.

So what caused them? and again why has the defence not brought that into question?

Maybe the defense is not capable to do their job, and some TV experts should have been asked for it.

Another theory is that the defense knows something the TV investigators don't .............................Naaah that isn't possible. Is it?

Your points are very true, but it makes the RTP case even more suspicious.

The Burmese confirm they were on the beach before and after the event, they stole the victims phone, so why have the RTP become so incompetent?

They have no more DNA to retest....why? lost? why?

Missing CCTV images? why? why have they never asked for the images to be re enhanced?

Forensic evidence incorrectly labeled and dated....why?

A mobile phone found on the beach next to a murder victim and never identified whom it belonged to....why?

Mixed and misleading statements given to the press and indeed the court,,,,why?

Either the RTP are totally and utterly incompetent and negligent or they were part of a cover up.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes noted. Shame there was no cctv made available from ac bar eh? or customers taking photographs of an argument. Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

What caught my attention was that it sounded like it was not just one or two people saying this but quite a number.

Yes -- quite a number... and still not one piece of corroborable evidence that such an event ever took place.

The cognitive dissonance is amazing, on one hand they cling like limpets to stale rumors that have never been substantiated in any credible way, on the other they can't ran away fast enough from actual, verifiable facts that go against what they want to believe.

Here are a modicum of AleG's " rumors that have never been substantiated in any credible way" .....

>>> Police officer in court saying he didn't look at crucial CCTV because none of his buddies thought it was important.

>>> Police officer saying there were 60 hours of CCTV, but only about a minute was worthy of releasing to public. The other 59 hours and 59 minutes? ....probably destroyed, but certainly not shown to anyone without an agenda to shield the real criminals.

>>> CCTV of entry to AC bar shows David just past midnight. But (surprise!) that camera seized to function after that moment.

>>> Hannah's clothing ....LOST!

>>> The hair .....LOST!

>>> Any and all other CCTV from AC bar....? Mon says it's his personal footage, so he can destroy it. Who's going to stand up to Mon? Certainly not any Thai officials.

.....and that's just a small % of the evidence which was hidden, destroyed, not looked at, mis-diagnosed or denied by those shielding the Headman's people.

Come on Alig and the Glee club what's your take on this?.............Come on defend your great and capable Royal Thai Police!

If the British coroner's inquest states that neither victim was raped, then the RTP and judge may have some explaining to do.

And if this is stated I would think in most civilised country's at the very lease a re-trial ordered or an acquittal.

Also the injuries, particularly in David's case.....The small puncture wounds on his face were not caused by a hoe......never.

So what caused them? and again why has the defence not brought that into question?

The defence had access to ALL of the information - so you tell me why they didn't provide a commanding case!!

Trust me, if the defence thought there was any relevance of something that could benefit their case then they would use it.

However, you can only work with the tools that you are provided with and theirs clearly weren't up to standard.

Maybe the defense is not capable to do their job, and some TV experts should have been asked for it.

Another theory is that the defense knows something the TV investigators don't .............................Naaah that isn't possible. Is it?

Yes I think thats very possible. I also think its possible the prosecution knows where the blond hair found in Hannah's hand is along with the clothes she was wearing that were never tested.

I'm saying that it is highly unlikely that, don't forget, they were exceedingly drunk at the time because they allegedly rarely drunk alcohol and it took it's toll on them.

Now why would he (Win) clamber out of bed at 4.00/4.30 AM and go, all alone, down to the beach and mysteriously find a phone and sunglasses?

The whole episode is so far fetched that I wouldn't believe it if the pope told me himself.

If David and Hannah had been murdered, how did both his sunglasses and mobile end up lying in the sand and before you know it, in Win's possession. How did they get separated from him? Think about it, he (David) went to the beach with Hannah, supposedly dropped both his phone and sunglasses in the sand on the way to a secluded area and Win ended up finding them both at 5.00 AM in the morning.

I'm sorry, but in whatever way you look at it this is so ludicrous and sort of story made up by a 5 year old!!

Those that changed their minds as to their belief of innocence or guilt after hearing this series of events are to be commended (Greenchair definitely and I think Stander) others should remove their blinkers and do a bit of serious thinking about their current stance. Don't worry, only Thai's are concerned about losing face. We will congratulate you for manning up to your mistake and welcome you with open arms into our camp - the camp that wants justice delivered to the families for the tragic loss of a daughter and son!!

As I said previously,I had very little knowledge or interest in this case prior to the verdict and sentencing on the 24th, but I have followed with interest here and through links that friends and colleagues have given me.

I am now convinced of their guilt and as a proponent of the death penalty, believe it should be carried out as soon as all avenue of appeal are used up.

International standard practises of the DNA collection?

The two accused were released after DNA samples did not match at first.

(Video at 5.53 min)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdGTqXCqWdMattachicon.gif1412455o (2).jpg

Those pictures and the aledged DNA migrant test's were a sham for the worlds press.

These tests were carried out when the RTP was actively looking for a person of interest in Bangkok ( I believe he was a student) and another Thai man who had been questioned and HAD REFUSED a DNA test.

But if they were real let us see the results, because the RTP would have two sets of samples from the 2 accused......Do they? and do they both match?

They did this same trick in the UK years ago there was a murder in a small village so they told all the men to come for Dna test. they took all the details of the people who came and didn't test there dna and then went looking for the people that didn't show up.

No fingerprints found on the phone no fingerprints on the hoe they most probably thought they got away with it, until someone explained Dna thats most probably just before ZL decided to leave the island.

Exactly, innocent people will show up !

WPs Alibi (not retracted confession) concerning the phone was he found it on the beach then gave it to his as it was locked then they heard about the murders so they destroyed it

What was not confirmed was who's phone it was,

The British government and the phone company are not allowed to give that information so Davids Dad took a screen print of davids computer which had the imei number

This was first brought to the courts attention when Andy hall took the stand but he never reported this or any of his journalist friends.

Then on the last day of the trial Sarah Yuen did a breaking sky news interview saying a package was delivered to court and it confirmed the phone belonged to David. (but this was just a translation from the embassy)

So now you can see we have not been getting the whole story.

So a late screengrab from a civilian on the other side of the world (possibly biased depending on what he has been told by RTP etc. - David's brother certainly seemed to be very anti B2) is one of the things that the court and yourself have used as a basis for the verdict? I'm surprised something like this can even be used as evidence as it would be open to being doctored. I'm not saying it was at all, just that it would be possible without much difficulty so I'm surprised it was admissable (well in this particular case less so I suppose I am less surprised). Also probably not difficult for someone with knowledge to change the number in the application, or on the screen prior to screenshot also. I do hope RTP didn't tell what number they were looking for prior to receiving this. I'd feel more comfortable about it if had come from a more formal source. If all above board and if the alleged timeline of this particular phone was true then it could tie him in to finding the phone as he claimed, and the charge of theft of the phone.

Once a death sentence has been given does that then negate the reason that the UK govt / phone company etc cannot comply with such requests?

Even the defense are no longer arguing the that the phone isn't Davids so why are you ?

Do you really think the Millers are forging evidence ?

you are deflecting again, the Millars were given an imei number and know absolutely nothing else about phones and where they were located, the police have told them exactly the same as they have told the court, the question still remains - where is the phone found at the crime scene that should be in evidence ? and was shown on TV before the arrests were made - where is it and who did it belong to, a black iPhone 4s

Yes I think thats very possible. I also think its possible the prosecution knows where the blond hair found in Hannah's hand is along with the clothes she was wearing that were never tested.

Maybe you would like to tell us what DNA on Hannah's clothes would have proved ?

Would it prove in a court of law she was murdered ?

Would it prove in a court of law she was raped ?

The relentless campaign by the Trolls continuing to regurgitate the same disinformation, (almost in unison) is completely meaningless.

Given the fact that they are in a very, very tiny minority.

Even outside of this bubble, Thailand.

Either entirely clueless or, most likely they have a vested interest.

It really would be funny if it weren’t so pathetic…

WPs Alibi (not retracted confession) concerning the phone was he found it on the beach then gave it to his as it was locked then they heard about the murders so they destroyed it

The British government and the phone company are not allowed to give that information so Davids Dad took a screen print of davids computer which had the imei number

This was first brought to the courts attention when Andy hall took the stand but he never reported this or any of his journalist friends.

Then on the last day of the trial Sarah Yuen did a breaking sky news interview saying a package was delivered to court and it confirmed the phone belonged to David. (but this was just a translation from the embassy)

So a late screengrab from a civilian on the other side of the world (possibly biased depending on what he has been told by RTP etc. - David's brother certainly seemed to be very anti B2) is one of the things that the court and yourself have used as a basis for the verdict? I'm surprised something like this can even be used as evidence as it would be open to being doctored. I'm not saying it was at all, just that it would be possible without much difficulty so I'm surprised it was admissable (well in this particular case less so I suppose I am less surprised). Also probably not difficult for someone with knowledge to change the number in the application, or on the screen prior to screenshot also. I do hope RTP didn't tell what number they were looking for prior to receiving this. I'd feel more comfortable about it if had come from a more formal source. If all above board and if the alleged timeline of this particular phone was true then it could tie him in to finding the phone as he claimed, and the charge of theft of the phone.

Once a death sentence has been given does that then negate the reason that the UK govt / phone company etc cannot comply with such requests?

Even the defense are no longer arguing the that the phone isn't Davids so why are you ?

Do you really think the Millers are forging evidence ?

you are deflecting again, the Millars were given an imei number and know absolutely nothing else about phones and where they were located, the police have told them exactly the same as they have told the court, the question still remains - where is the phone found at the crime scene that should be in evidence ? and was shown on TV before the arrests were made - where is it and who did it belong to, a black iPhone 4s

Get your facts straight. It were the Millers who provided the IMEI number, not the other way around.

The whole thing about the phone, including the one that was thought to be Davids first but turned out to Hannah's and was returned to the family, has been proven somewhere in the umpteen closed threads over and over again so do your homework.

Edited by TheCruncher

Maybe you would like to tell us what DNA on Hannah's clothes would have proved ?

Oh...... do I need to really explain?

It depends on whose DNA was found on Hannah's clothing along with whose DNA the blonde hair belonged to. It would be a pretty sure fire conclusion that this would also have been the killer or closely associated in the murders.

The blonde hair with root did not belong to Hannah, or the B2 or David.

It depends on whose DNA was found on Hannah's clothing along with whose DNA the blonde hair belonged to. It would be a pretty sure fire conclusion that this would also have been the killer or closely associated in the murders.

Or Mon or Nomsod, but I recall that one of the B2 had his hair died at the time of the crime, isn't it?

nobody is disputing that the imei number given to the Millar family was from Davids phone, they checked that and confirmed it, but it was only a number, the issue I have with this is only the police have said that that particular phone was found at the B2 residence, the black iPhone 4s found at the crime scene and put on display before any arrests has effectively disappeared, B2 claim they found "a" phone they did not say they found Davids phone, I want to know where is the phone from the crime scene - it should be in evidence

Watched a great series on Pornthip Rojanasunand last night. Google "crime scene bangkok". Shows a lot what goes on with the investigative process in thailand, her battles with the police (for showing up their manipulation of crime scenes) and how she wants to have a medical forensic department that is seperate to the police who still today have control over criminal forensics.

They have their reasons of course but it would have made this case more "fair and transparent" as they say.

Remarkable woman, loved by millions who is a national hero for exposing flaws in criminal cases.

Shame that she doesn't have expertise in DNA collection and this meant that her inclusion in the defence effort sabotaged the defence team's pitiful display in the courts!! It is equivalent to getting a dustman in to do a house clearance of valuable paintings and antiques!!

She has plenty of experience in dna collection, she has helped thousands of people get justice that would otherwise be denied to them. It's why people like her and the rtp don't. If she was called to do the forensic analysis of the crime scene intact instead of those others trampling all over the place she would have likely found the culprits but that wasnt what was required hence missing evidence and the prosecution not able to supply dna samples for verification. "Sorry,used up"....

So, Porntip is an expert at DNA collection, is she??

Not according to this, as carelessly revealed in Stealthenergiser's post - is their a traitor in your midst? It states that "Porntip is NOT an expert in DNA collection" whereas Dr Taupin IS!! But hey!! she's one of ours and we have got to show loyalty rather than trust these interfering farangs.

KOH TAO MURDERS: My theory on why defence did not call international DNA collection expert Jane Taupin #appeal

CXYlikUVAAAv_1p.jpg

Thankfully there an appeal process.

Hopefully the world media and governments put the heat on this shambles.

Is the judge required to give his/her summary of considerations which led to the verdict?

Problem is with the appeal no new evidence is allowed. I'm pretty sure of that.. But I may be wrong....

There were 3 phones: Hannah's i phone (before the ruder she had asked a friend to hold on to it for a while - David's old Samusng with Thai SIM and David's i-phone (with UK Sim). David had left the Samsung in his room and was brought in by a friend.

And yes it can be very dark on a beach unless there is a moon, I just wonder how close you would have needed to be to find a phone lying in the sand...

It was a 3/4 moon

The very same Black iPhone 4 that the police "displayed" on 16th September - Found on the beach..

Not smashed, not found near B2s residence. That there are 2675 images on the interwebwez..

Either this one http://www.nationmultimedia.com/new/2014/09/23/national/images/30243922-01_big.jpg

or this one..

http://static.thaivisa.com/forum/uploads/monthly_10_2014/post-220854-0-22160600-1412584233.jpg

Take your pick!

More and more confusing! the i-phone shown there is clearly not smashed up

What do the defence team have to say about this?

they didn't get a chance as the phone imei evidence was introduced on the last day of the trial - go figure

Or Mon or Nomsod, but I recall that one of the B2 had his hair died at the time of the crime, isn't it?

Nomsod or Mon..I never even dreamed it could belong to them....................but it does belong to someone who has not been identified and as for one of the B2 having blonde hair at the time of the crime, we all know thats rubbish, check the cctv including the colour cctv in the shops of the B2 and they all had black hair. But regardless the Thai pathologist said it did not belong to them.

Another interesting fact is that a blonde hair was found snagged in one of the i phones that the rtp found. I wonder why they included women when doing the mass DNA testing.

nobody is disputing that the imei number given to the Millar family was from Davids phone, they checked that and confirmed it, but it was only a number, the issue I have with this is only the police have said that that particular phone was found at the B2 residence, the black iPhone 4s found at the crime scene and put on display before any arrests has effectively disappeared, B2 claim they found "a" phone they did not say they found Davids phone, I want to know where is the phone from the crime scene - it should be in evidence

But, but, the immigrant rights super hero Andy Hall said "the phone was found lying in the sand at 5.00 AM in the morning by one of the B2" - which was carelessly disposed of the next morning after they couldn't unlock it, just in case it belonged to one of the victims in the story they had just heard about and they didn't want to be accused of the murders!! Yeh right!! Hilarious story with zero truth in it. Anyone with a modicum of sense could see through that.

they didn't get a chance as the phone imei evidence was introduced on the last day of the trial - go figure

No it wasn't that was just a translation from the Thai embassy.

This evidence was brought up when super hero and all round great guy Andy Hall took the stand but he never made it public knowledge on his facebook or twitter until after the news broke on Sky.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

I think it is time we all ignored Lucky11 and shortened this thread. Clearly no amount of reason is going to change his view.

I think it time to ignore not only this poster but the couple of others who seem hell-bent on pushing their agenda whatever may. The other possibility is for everyone to fully agree with their line of thinking, this should stroke their egos sufficiently, allow them to enjoy what ever it brings them they might go away. Although I doubt it very much- they will just keep regurgitating the same over and over hoping to engage someone for their small minded power plays they so much enjoy.

I think it is time we all ignored Lucky11 and shortened this thread. Clearly no amount of reason is going to change his view.

I think it time to ignore not only this poster but the couple of others who seem hell-bent on pushing their agenda whatever may. The other possibility is for everyone to fully agree with their line of thinking, this should stroke their egos sufficiently, allow them to enjoy what ever it brings them they might go away. Although I doubt it very much- they will just keep regurgitating the same over and over hoping to engage someone for their small minded power plays they so much enjoy.

They have to earn there corn, however dirty and bloody it is.

Nomsod or Mon..I never even dreamed it could belong to them....................but it does belong to someone who has not been identified and as for one of the B2 having blonde hair at the time of the crime, we all know thats rubbish, check the cctv including the colour cctv in the shops of the B2 and they all had black hair. But regardless the Thai pathologist said it did not belong to them.

Another interesting fact is that a blonde hair was found snagged in one of the i phones that the rtp found. I wonder why they included women when doing the mass DNA testing.

The blonde hair with a root ? I thought it came from the djs wig or have the truthers now dropped this as one of there lines of enquiries ?

Oh no your right it does have a root so it is real

, and we also have the photo of WP with a small part of his fringe highlighted.

Now as the conspiracy theory is now all based on the mafia did it, Could you please tell me has Nomsod or Mon have got blonde hair ? or do you think Nomsod likes to follow the fashion trends of burmese migrants ?

Whatever happened to the she was shot in the head conspiracy theory and that they used the hoe to hide the gunshot wound ?

Watched a great series on Pornthip Rojanasunand last night. Google "crime scene bangkok". Shows a lot what goes on with the investigative process in thailand, her battles with the police (for showing up their manipulation of crime scenes) and how she wants to have a medical forensic department that is seperate to the police who still today have control over criminal forensics.

They have their reasons of course but it would have made this case more "fair and transparent" as they say.

Remarkable woman, loved by millions who is a national hero for exposing flaws in criminal cases.

Shame that she doesn't have expertise in DNA collection and this meant that her inclusion in the defence effort sabotaged the defence team's pitiful display in the courts!! It is equivalent to getting a dustman in to do a house clearance of valuable paintings and antiques!!

She has plenty of experience in dna collection, she has helped thousands of people get justice that would otherwise be denied to them. It's why people like her and the rtp don't. If she was called to do the forensic analysis of the crime scene intact instead of those others trampling all over the place she would have likely found the culprits but that wasnt what was required hence missing evidence and the prosecution not able to supply dna samples for verification. "Sorry,used up"....

she runs the CIFS for the Justice Department, she employs people trained to do the various tasks involved with a crime scene, they are the most well equipped and recognised to carry out that task in Thailand and yet they were excluded from this investigation most likely because they are not under the control of the police or government - everything they do is above board and by the book

she runs the CIFS for the Justice Department, she employs people trained to do the various tasks involved with a crime scene, they are the most well equipped and recognised to carry out that task in Thailand and yet they were excluded from this investigation most likely because they are not under the control of the police or government - everything they do is above board and by the book

But that still doesn't make they are capable and probably explains why the sample were sent to a lab in Singapore.

The blonde hair with a root ? I thought it came from the djs wig or have the truthers now dropped this as one of there lines of enquiries ?

Oh no your right it does have a root so it is real

, and we also have the photo of WP with a small part of his fringe highlighted.

Now as the conspiracy theory is now all based on the mafia did it, Could you please tell me has Nomsod or Mon have got blonde hair ? or do you think Nomsod likes to follow the fashion trends of burmese migrants ?

Whatever happened to the she was shot in the head conspiracy theory and that they used the hoe to hide the gunshot wound ?

<removed> try referring to what I actually wrote and not deflecting. What conspiracy theory? You mean alternative possibilities, or facts that are currently unknown, which there are plenty if you hadn't noticed. Hence an appeal in due course.

Pointless trying to debate with narrow minds. Ignore on..

I'm saying that it is highly unlikely that, don't forget, they were exceedingly drunk at the time because they allegedly rarely drunk alcohol and it took it's toll on them.

Now why would he (Win) clamber out of bed at 4.00/4.30 AM and go, all alone, down to the beach and mysteriously find a phone and sunglasses?

The whole episode is so far fetched that I wouldn't believe it if the pope told me himself.

If David and Hannah had been murdered, how did both his sunglasses and mobile end up lying in the sand and before you know it, in Win's possession. How did they get separated from him? Think about it, he (David) went to the beach with Hannah, supposedly dropped both his phone and sunglasses in the sand on the way to a secluded area and Win ended up finding them both at 5.00 AM in the morning.

I'm sorry, but in whatever way you look at it this is so ludicrous and sort of story made up by a 5 year old!!

Those that changed their minds as to their belief of innocence or guilt after hearing this series of events are to be commended (Greenchair definitely and I think Stander) others should remove their blinkers and do a bit of serious thinking about their current stance. Don't worry, only Thai's are concerned about losing face. We will congratulate you for manning up to your mistake and welcome you with open arms into our camp - the camp that wants justice delivered to the families for the tragic loss of a daughter and son!!

As I said previously,I had very little knowledge or interest in this case prior to the verdict and sentencing on the 24th, but I have followed with interest here and through links that friends and colleagues have given me.

I am now convinced of their guilt and as a proponent of the death penalty, believe it should be carried out as soon as all avenue of appeal are used up.

Third time you've come out with this trite statement. It was BS the first time, the second time and remains so this third time.

Why not PM one of your buddies and ask them for advice on something more purposeful to say, because no one really cares what you think I'm afraid.

Edited by Bluespunk

But that still doesn't make they are capable and probably explains why the sample were sent to a lab in Singapore.

Unbelievable the amount of rubbish being spewed here, no samples went to Singapore, they were all tested in Bangkok by the RTP. Please do your research before posting such significant information that is incorrect.