• SoiBiker
    • Transam
    • villagefarang

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what the cats in our household do with their free time.

post-68373-0-43850200-1451468538_thumb.j

Note how Mr. Bitey sits all "prim and proper on the Truevisions box, but not his younger sister, the Samurai Princes, no:

post-68373-0-78895500-1451468604_thumb.j

She's a TV critic and has figured out how to change the channels while sitting on the box and how to keep us from making any changes via strategic placement of her drooping paw and tail to cover the "sweet spot" that communicates with the remote.

You can whine all your want about Truevisions, but their receiver box sure is tough. This box has been the object of many cat battles and ended up pushed off the counter, falling onto the tile floor from a height of 1 meter numerous times. The front cover has even come off in falls a few times and we can always manage to shove it back onto the box and restart the system just fine. Now if the Truevisions programming was just as good.

Im saving my vote till 11.59…..it ain't over …. yet.

You won't be the only one!

At EXACTLY midnight, I will refresh my screen, and that'll be it. Unless it's a TIE.

In that case, there will be a 30 minute OVERTIME.

I suppose there is a concern that all the voting in the last seconds could overload the system!

Now, that's entertainment.

Shall we synch our respective clocks, just so that nobody can cry foul by two minutes? Just a thought.

I have no plan if the Thaivisa system crashes due to massive voting volume and massive screen refreshes.

Call that the X factor and one for their QA department!

So maybe some will take that as a challenge.

Can you overload the software?

Edited by Jingthing

Looks like NancyLs' knitting club have recovered from their Xmas sherry and worked out how to get the computer off "sleep" mode !!!

Trans was getting good promotion in the CM forum with NancyLs' cheap shots but all the wheel chair pushing is paying off...

Come on Trans man, give us a catch up song smile.png

Edit, looks like they're back on the sherry.... Go go carburettor guy

Edited by cornishcarlos

I have no plan if the Thaivisa system crashes due to massive voting volume and massive screen refreshes.

That is a very real possibility JT, the way to avoid it is to do screen refresh every fifteen seconds from say 10:00pm until midnight, or until the system crashes. If it does crash your last reading before the crash will show the winner, providing the system doesn't come up again before midnight, OK?

That is a very real possibility JT, the way to avoid it is to do screen refresh every fifteen seconds from say 10:00pm until midnight, or until the system crashes. If it does crash your last reading before the crash will show the winner, providing the system doesn't come up again before midnight, OK?

Just to be safe, I think we should all do that.

Here is what the cats in our household do with their free time.

attachicon.gifMr. Bitey on Truevisions box.JPG

Note how Mr. Bitey sits all "prim and proper on the Truevisions box, but not his younger sister, the Samurai Princes, no:

attachicon.gifPrincess on Truevisions.JPG

She's a TV critic and has figured out how to change the channels while sitting on the box and how to keep us from making any changes via strategic placement of her drooping paw and tail to cover the "sweet spot" that communicates with the remote.

You can whine all your want about Truevisions, but their receiver box sure is tough. This box has been the object of many cat battles and ended up pushed off the counter, falling onto the tile floor from a height of 1 meter numerous times. The front cover has even come off in falls a few times and we can always manage to shove it back onto the box and restart the system just fine. Now if the Truevisions programming was just as good.

Cool..........thumbsup.gif

No actually it's warm. That's why the little calico has learned how to turn on the Truevsions box herself without the remote.

Have they implemented the single internet gateway in Thailand yet? If so, there's a very real possibility of problems if everyone is hitting refresh every 5 seconds around midnight.

POTY 2015 GRAND FINALE STANDINGS

post-37101-0-06698300-1451473940_thumb.jPeaking late?

NancyL carves out a semi-solid LEAD entering the FINAL NIGHT of POTY voting!

NancyL 95 votes thumbsup.gif

Transam 89 votes

villagefarang 24 votes

Crazy Chef 1 -- 10 votes

SoiBiker 7 votes

THE POTTIES Committee in Milwaukee thanks you for voting.

POTY WINNER is crowned at midnight 30 December.

No rights reserved.

Edited by Jingthing

I just voted for Transam, on the basis that VF seems secure in third, I'm thinking this will turn out to be a UK/USA contest in many respects.

Did he give you his permission to change vote?

"We don't need no stinkin' permissions." wink.png

I just voted for Transam, on the basis that VF seems secure in third, I'm thinking this will turn out to be a UK/USA contest in many respects.

I am sure he knows there is no need to ask.

As long as u have a system in place between yourselves

So, you were campaigning heavily for an American, but now you have switched to an Englishman?

Nancy writes so eloquently about being victimized by immigration for her selfless acts of kindness. It has got me wondering if voting for her might put us all in a similar situation to clicking ‘like’ on FaceBook. It is something to think about.

Edited by villagefarang

So, you were campaigning heavily for an American, but now you have switched to an Englishman?

Read more, think less!

Think we need a song...Trans is thinking.....thumbsup.gif

Something nautical...maybe about deserting sinking ships

Edited by BookMan

Nancy writes so eloquently about being victimized by immigration for her selfless acts of kindness. It has got me wonder if voting for her might put us all in a similar situation to clicking ‘like’ on FaceBook. It is something to think about.

Excellent point. I am going to sleep a lot better tonight knowing I won't be caught in the that tangled web.

Nancy writes so eloquently about being victimized by immigration for her selfless acts of kindness. It has got me wondering if voting for her might put us all in a similar situation to clicking like on FaceBook. It is something to think about.

That's just rich, Village Farang. Esp. since JT let it slip that I have a higher "Like-to-Post" ratio than TransAm.

Apparently some people are willing to take risks.

Nancy writes so eloquently about being victimized by immigration for her selfless acts of kindness. It has got me wonder if voting for her might put us all in a similar situation to clicking ‘like’ on FaceBook. It is something to think about.

Excellent point. I am going to sleep a lot better tonight knowing I won't be caught in the that tangled web.

Soibiker thanks you for your vote