German accused of sexually assaulting children

geovalin

A 57-year-old German man accused of sexually abusing at least five children at his rental home in the capital’s Chbar Ampov district was tried before the Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday. Presiding judge Heng Sokna said Udo Sabiniewicz, owner of FX Animation Studios, was charged with “indecent acts against a minor" under Article 43 of the Law on Suppression of Human Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation following his June 16 arrest, prompted by complaints from the mothers of five boys, aged 7 to 13.

“He persuaded children to see TV and animation cartoons . . . in his rental house,” where he then sexually assaulted them, Sokna said. Plaintiff Long Samnang, 37, Sabiniewicz’s house-cleaner for two months prior to his arrest, claims her son, 9, was abused and is seeking $5,000 in reparations.

read more: http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/german-accused-sexually-assaulting-children

Cambodia - kingdom of pedophilia. My first thought: hang em high. But then I read this:

Plaintiff Long Samnang, 37, Sabiniewicz’s house-cleaner for two months prior to his arrest, claims her son, 9, was abused and is seeking $5,000 in reparations.

...and wonder if this could be some kind of scam to get money out of the Barang. I mean how would one know? If this guy is indeed innocent imagine putting yourself in his shoes where one day, out of the blue, the police raid your home and bust you for pedophilia. It would be almost impossible to defend yourself.

The best policy in Cambodia, sad as it may seem, is to stay well clear of all children. Full stop.