Sinet switch...my experience...

bangmai

Been with 3BB for nearly two years, and I would rate them "A-/B+," zero billing problems, including the vacation stoppage. Calls to customer service were promptly returned, and outages were fixed as fast as they are in the US. Sinet made me a deal I couldn't refuse. Instead of 10/1, I now get 15/5, for the same price. I just checked it to Ashburn, VA at 24/8. I was called the day before by installers, and I was in the 1-5 window. They called at 12:45, and came at 13:00, and were done in thirty minutes. Time will tell, but I am optimistic. The installer has his own computer, and will set up your wifi and password, so no need to worry about cd/dvd/win or any of that stuff. I did the pay for 12 months in advance and get 14. I think you cold start on a monthly, and get the same bonus a month or two later, which might be a better approach if you are farther off the trunk segments. I'm up by CMU, and It appears that there is ample bandwith and infrastructure up Suthep Rd..

This reflects my opinion. After 3 weeks or so I am happy.

Have been having intermittent disconnections, just the sort of thing that is very hard to sort out. I got a call back from an engineer with very good English who did know what he was talking about. Said problem at my end so sent an engineer next day (it was already late in the day and I did have a connection). The engineer phoned before arriving and found a faulty cable that he replaced. Fingers crossed it has solved the problem.

Gone from 6Mb to 25Mb, don't see a great improvement on web pages but downloads go (or come) rather fast.

i considered it as my CAT internet was falling apart and my building only offers Sinet and 3bb but only 11mb for 3bb and you got to sign up for a full year for 3bb. Anyway I talked to a few friends in the building and for the most part they were unhappy with Sinet, especially with downloading, seems after 5pm to 11pm downloading is impossible. I be curious on how many people you are sharing the line with on Sinet. I rather be on a 11MB line with a couple people on it then a line that was 50mb with 500 people on it at a time.In any case my CAT cleared up when they finally replaced my router with a new one and seems to be stronger again.

However, I have mentioned this in the past, Internet overall is pretty unstable overall and it usually is not which company is best it is the luck of where your home is and how close it is to the provider you go with, One guy with Sinet could have great Internet and down the street where the physical connection is more difficult could have crap internet.

Edited by krey

you tell me the time, and server location, and I will test it, and post results here. Agreed about the different experiences...just like the mobile companies in the US and here...reports can be more opposite than a pizza thread on TVF. I did have to go sign the stop order at 3BB, even though I wasn't under contract...allow for that, and I thanked the people at the Sinet desk for a clean, on-time install.