Actor Por still in critical condition after lung removed

Actor Por still in critical condition after lung removed

By Coconuts Bangkok

por_2.jpg

BANGKOK:-- Popular actor Thridsadee "Por" Sahawong, who has been in a coma for over a month, remains in critical condition after he had a lung removed yesterday.

Ramathibodi Hospital doctors removed the actor's left lung after it developed serious leaks and complications due to a serious infection of his right lung, according to a hospital announcement yesterday.

Doctors also had to amputate his left foot last month to prevent an infection from spreading.

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-25

I'm sorry to say that he has little chance of survival. If they haven't managed to kill the infection in a month and it has spread to his lungs...er...sounds very bad indeed...

One can hope but looking at it realistically I wouldn't bet on it.

Antibiotic resistant bacteria is becoming more and more common due to widespread use of antibiotic for every possible disease. I have been asking doctors something for my flue (a virus) and was offered antibiotics (for bacteria). I wouldn't go for a doctor simply because of a flue otherwise but I am asthmatic.

Sad to hear this story. Whatever way, I suppose his acting career is over.

I am not familiar with his previous let alone current medical record,but what happened to be dengue ,where thousands are being infected each year, in tropical climats a relative cureable decease, can trigger a string of non related emergencies and even death.

No one excluded, rich or poor.

I hope he 'recovers' well.