Thank you for your support: Now onto the POTY Finals!

NancyL

Lies, all lies! We run an animal sanctuary for abused pets. They come here to escape the horrors of city life, humiliating clothing and degrading names. We teach all animals to live together in peace. They are free to leave at any time but seem to prefer this life of luxury and comfort.

Cats%20and%20Dog%20-%201.jpg

Cats%20-%201.jpg

That does it! Today Hubby is going to Chiang Rai to bring back Mr. Bitey. He was catnapped by VF during the semi-finals from a Kitty Resort where he was resting up for the Finals. Last year things got a little rough for Mr. Bitey during the finals -- the fur flew -- and he knew he'd need his strength for this year's contest. But just look what happened! He's being held by VF's drooling Golden Retriever and witless white cat. He looks so tense in that photo on that Baroque sofa. You just know the dog is off camera threatening bodily harm.

No Nancy, that is not Mr. Bitey. It is -- gasp!!!! -- my cat Scully!!! (see my avatar).

VF however did you get hold of her? I know she is unhappy about the arrival of Amnat Lemur Cat, but I never thought she'd run away over it....!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lies, all lies! We run an animal sanctuary for abused pets. They come here to escape the horrors of city life, humiliating clothing and degrading names. We teach all animals to live together in peace. They are free to leave at any time but seem to prefer this life of luxury and comfort.

Cats%20and%20Dog%20-%201.jpg

Cats%20-%201.jpg

That does it! Today Hubby is going to Chiang Rai to bring back Mr. Bitey. He was catnapped by VF during the semi-finals from a Kitty Resort where he was resting up for the Finals. Last year things got a little rough for Mr. Bitey during the finals -- the fur flew -- and he knew he'd need his strength for this year's contest. But just look what happened! He's being held by VF's drooling Golden Retriever and witless white cat. He looks so tense in that photo on that Baroque sofa. You just know the dog is off camera threatening bodily harm.

No Nancy, that is not Mr. Bitey. It is -- gasp!!!! -- my cat Scully!!! (see my avatar).

VF however did you get hold of her? I know she is unhappy about the arrival of Amnat Lemur Cat, but I never thought she'd run away over it....!!

Tiger is a he not a she, at least he was until a few days ago when we had his balls chopped off along with his brother Snow. We don’t want them producing lookalikes resulting in wild accusations and mistaken identity.biggrin.png whistling.gif

VillageFarang, I don't understand why you're continuing to campaign for the POTY award here in the Chiang Mai forum. I popped over to the rather slow-moving Chiang Rai forum and couldn't see where you've started a campaign thread. Certainly Jingthing started one last year on his Pattaya forum. The closest I see to your campaign thread on the CR forum is one where you wish everyone Merry Christmas.

You start out your wishes with, and I quote: "That includes my stalkers and uncharitable detractors on this forum, as well as my many friends. I am not the kind who harbors grudges, so best wishes to all." Wow, what a way to start a Christmas greeting post.

I don't know what happened with the Chiang Rai forum, but I do know that it's dead, dead, dead and I've heard hints that there was a major ruckus that resulted in many people leaving and that ThaiVisa is no longer the premier forum for Chiang Rai. They say you may know something about that. I just hope nothing like that happens here in the Chiang Mai forum.

POTY is of course not forum specific, the title covers the entire TVF forum, ergo, campaigning is not limited to a candidates home forum - just as well since CR is less than a tenth the size of CM so yes, hopefully much much quieter.

Please note that's a rule I just made up, everyone else is making them up so there's my contribution.

Edited by chiang mai

The prize for the winner must be very valuable,a bar of gold ?

as the competition to win is really hotting up,will the winner be

having a acception party,with free food and drink ?

regards Worgeordie

I have heard that Tranny will be hosting such an event when he wins, if victorious Nancy will give everyone a supply of "cucumber sarnies". I don't intend to influence your vote in any way but you may wish to consider which appeals to your taste buds more.

NancyL studied under Saul Alinsky and is funded by George Soros.

Make ThaiVisa Great Again - VOTE TRANSAM!

Oh, I am so honored to be compared with my mentor Saul Alinsky. As William F. Buckley said of him "he is very close to being an organizational genius".

Another little know fact: When I was 15 year old, I was chosen for a summer political science program at Geo. Washington Univ. During that summer, I had a chance to be in the audience of William F. Buckley's weekly TV program a number of times (almost to the point of becoming a groupie) and he even called on me, several times to ask questions of his guests. My thick, long, blond hair, coke bottle glasses and earnest attitude may have had something to do with his selection process. Oh, I suppose being 15 years old had something to do with it, too.

Was that really you in the audience with the thick, long blond hair and coke bottle glasses?

...and I always thought it was Hillary Rodham taking notes for her commencement address at Wellesley.

VillageFarang, I don't understand why you're continuing to campaign for the POTY award here in the Chiang Mai forum. I popped over to the rather slow-moving Chiang Rai forum and couldn't see where you've started a campaign thread. Certainly Jingthing started one last year on his Pattaya forum. The closest I see to your campaign thread on the CR forum is one where you wish everyone Merry Christmas.

You start out your wishes with, and I quote: "That includes my stalkers and uncharitable detractors on this forum, as well as my many friends. I am not the kind who harbors grudges, so best wishes to all." Wow, what a way to start a Christmas greeting post.

I don't know what happened with the Chiang Rai forum, but I do know that it's dead, dead, dead and I've heard hints that there was a major ruckus that resulted in many people leaving and that ThaiVisa is no longer the premier forum for Chiang Rai. They say you may know something about that. I just hope nothing like that happens here in the Chiang Mai forum.

Your so right Nancy

Most of the Chiangrai expat residents have had it up to the teeth over the years, with this individual sitting on the back of the bus and sarcastically telling ordinary decent people " how to do things his way"

And god forbid if you disagree with him.Then you are likely to be labelled " the dregs"the usual suspects"the shorts and flipflop brigade" and his latest quip why so many rid themselves of the Chiangrai forum and went elsewere is because they are all liars and bullies.

There is none so blind as those who can not see

This is an example of what I have to put up with. Not one single positive contribution for years but still following me around like a little puppy trying to piss on my shoe. Grow up and try to move on with your life. I am sure you have better things to do than spend years trying to discredit me.

Some people may think being drunk, obnoxious, vulgar and woefully underdressed is somehow praiseworthy but I do not. Fear the consequences from certain circles if mediocrity is not elevated to the level of supreme human achievement. We should all make an effort to improve things, not just tear people down, for suggesting that we can all do better.wai.gif

Edited by villagefarang

This is an example of what I have to put up with. Not one single positive contribution for years but still following me around like a little puppy trying to piss on my shoe. Grow up and try to move on with your life. I am sure you have better things to do than spend years trying to discredit me.

Some people may think being drunk, obnoxious, vulgar and woefully underdressed is somehow praiseworthy but I do not. Fear the consequences from certain circles if mediocrity is not elevated to the level of supreme human achievement. We should all make an effort to improve things, not just tear people down, for suggesting that we can all do better.wai.gif

I've got a couple of pet trolls that behave in a similar fashion, one is a Brit down Buriram way and the other is a Brit in Pattaya (there's something altogether not right with many of my fellow countrymen). One of the pair used to really wind me up with his lack of logic and fact, so much so that I really wanted to meet him for "a chat", not my style at all so that shows the degree to which his trolling was effective. Anyway, when push came to shove, the best he could manage was a long distance, remote and anonymous name calling, all hat and no cattle as JT might say, sounds like you've got similar - ignore 'em, his mum will see that he's not in his room pretty soon and give him a whack.

Your so right Nancy

Most of the Chiangrai expat residents have had it up to the teeth over the years, with this individual sitting on the back of the bus and sarcastically telling ordinary decent people " how to do things his way"

And god forbid if you disagree with him.Then you are likely to be labelled " the dregs"the usual suspects"the shorts and flipflop brigade" and his latest quip why so many rid themselves of the Chiangrai forum and went elsewere is because they are all liars and bullies.

There is none so blind as those who can not see

After Spending 75% of the last 25 years living in Chiangrai,being married for over 23 years. And being the proud father of my daughter ( 22) and my son (17) i will swear on my kids lives that EVERYTHING i have just posted is the TRUTH.

He would brand any ordinary decent resident of Chiangrai, unlike him, who have worked hard all their life in order to enjoy their retirement as "drunk" " obnoxious"and woefully underdressed if they have a social drink and wear shorts and flip flops.

And when you talk about the dog pissing on your shoes, is that the same dog you have called your daughter in the past.Fancy calling a dog your daughter.

You should get a life and move on hopefully to ply your trade in the likes of the Chiangmai forum so the residents of the Chiangmai forum can form their own opinion of you

I've got a couple of pet trolls that behave in a similar fashion, one is a Brit down Buriram way and the other is a Brit in Pattaya (there's something altogether not right with many of my fellow countrymen). One of the pair used to really wind me up with his lack of logic and fact, so much so that I really wanted to meet him for "a chat", not my style at all so that shows the degree to which his trolling was effective. Anyway, when push came to shove, the best he could manage was a long distance, remote and anonymous name calling, all hat and no cattle as JT might say, sounds like you've got similar - ignore 'em, his mum will see that he's not in his room pretty soon and give him a whack.

If you think the TRUTH is trolling

That just about sums you up

Regardless of how restrained and polite I am, it appears I am fair game for personal attack in the minds of some. I would never even consider the kind of language and personal insults which others have felt justified hurling at me in the past.

I am reminded of the saying, “Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, small minds talk about people?” For me, individuals are off limits and I have never responded in kind. Unfortunately some people don’t agree.
Sorry if I may have inadvertently added to your pet collection.

Oh my goodness, I'm really surprised that VillageFarang was nominated for the POTY award -- he does seem to generate strong feelings in some people.

And despite what Soi Biker says, the alternative isn't "Null Vote", but rather to vote for someone who has made a positive contribution to Thai Visa.

Now fellows, it would be nice if you'd take your personal bickering back to the Chiang Rai forum, please.

Regardless of how restrained and polite I am, it appears I am fair game for personal attack in the minds of some. I would never even consider the kind of language and personal insults which others have felt justified hurling at me in the past.

I am reminded of the saying, “Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, small minds talk about people?” For me, individuals are off limits and I have never responded in kind. Unfortunately some people don’t agree.

Ever heard of the term "cognitive dissonance"?

Ever heard of the term "cognitive dissonance"?

Have to admit, hand on heart, I'm terribly confused by it all.

I suppose I should have just said he has been stalking me for years which it true but I was looking for a lighthearted metaphor to lighten the mood. The other highlighted section was not directed at any individual. I never tell anyone they can't drink, I just go elsewhere so I don't have to deal with the behavior that often comes with it.

Edited by villagefarang