Thank you for your support: Now onto the POTY Finals!

NancyL

Dear Loyal Chiang Mai Forum readers,

Merry Christmas to all.

You have a representative in the POTY contest -- that would be moi in the Thai Visa Poster of the Year Contest. Sixty eight loyal friends voted for me in the semi final round (thank you, all) but sadly your votes have all been wiped out and now it's back to Ground Zero for the Final Round of the Thai Visa Poster of the Year Contest.

Please go over to the POTY thread in the General Forum and vote for me! http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881443-vote-now-poster-of-the-year-grand-finale-2015/page-7#entry10234533

It looks to be a tight race between me and someone with the handle of Trans Am, who despite his name is neither a Tranny or American. I doubt he even owned the car that Hubby and I once did: post-68373-0-68993100-1451055540_thumb.j in our younger days before we saw the light and found the best car we'd ever had the pleasure to call our own: post-68373-0-06782700-1451055620_thumb.j

But, enough about cars. This is what TransAm seems to be about. You know me. You know what I really care about is Immigration, Visa regs, Health care and making Chiang Mai a better place.

And, yes, it would be nice to bring our pet Mr. Bitey back to Chiang Mai. But you'll have to check out the POTY thread to follow all that action,

post-68373-0-09913800-1451056115_thumb.j

He was catnapped during the semi-final round and is believed to still be in Chiang Rai held by VillageFarang's drooling Golden Retriever and witless white cat.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are seriously challenged in your choice of cars. Both are hideous - but I like your cat. I can understand that with automobile challenged parents it would do a bunk to CR. Good luck in the vote.

Let the record show that we don't have a car now. No need for one in Chiang Mai. We use songthaews, tuk tuks and sometimes rent a car and driver to get around. I've got to admit that Mr. Bitey isn't too keen on songthaews, but he doesn't mind our regular tuk tuk -- it's one of those new "stretch" models, propane and fairly quiet.

Seems its cats vs cars. Cars win. Transam got my vote.

Naboo, you really should step back and take a look at the "big picture"? Who has contributed more to Thai Visa? What about my many posts about Chiang Mai Immigration? Visas? About health care? About Final Wills, restaurants, banking, where to buy this or that? Recipes, fashion tips, and yes, cats. All done patiently and helpfully. (Well, most of the time.)

Now, look at Trans Am's record. He does seem like a nice likable guy. But cars and music? There has to be more to life, doesn't there?

It's not too late to change your vote.

Lies, all lies! We run an animal sanctuary for abused pets. They come here to escape the horrors of city life, humiliating clothing and degrading names. We teach all animals to live together in peace. They are free to leave at any time but seem to prefer this life of luxury and comfort.

Cats%252520and%252520Dog%252520-%2525201

Cats%252520-%2525201.jpg

I looked on the internet for a photo of one of those new red stretch Chiang Mai tuk tuks and couldn't find one. Will have to go out today and take a photo. No need to tool around town in a gas-guzzler, is there?

attachicon.giftuk-tuk-262693_960_720.jpg

Thank you The Appletons, thank you. That's exactly it!

Due to our practice of consistent overtipping, our regular tuk-tuk driver was one of the first to get this new style tuk-tuk. He proudly showed up to give us a ride as his first customers -- to a CM Expats Club meeting. He was totally thrilled when I took off my shoes to get into the vehicle. I felt like a queen when we pulled up to Le Meridien in the brand spanking new tuk-tuk, after everyone in town had craned their neck to look at it, during the drive across town that busy Saturday morning.

I think you are seriously challenged in your choice of cars. Both are hideous - but I like your cat. I can understand that with automobile challenged parents it would do a bunk to CR. Good luck in the vote.

Let the record show that we don't have a car now. No need for one in Chiang Mai. We use songthaews, tuk tuks and sometimes rent a car and driver to get around. I've got to admit that Mr. Bitey isn't too keen on songthaews, but he doesn't mind our regular tuk tuk -- it's one of those new "stretch" models, propane and fairly quiet.

Why would you take your cat on a Tuktuk?

Why would you take your cat on a Tuktuk?

To go to the vet, silly.

Naboo, you really should step back and take a look at the "big picture"? Who has contributed more to Thai Visa? What about my many posts about Chiang Mai Immigration? Visas? About health care? About Final Wills, restaurants, banking, where to buy this or that? Recipes, fashion tips, and yes, cats. All done patiently and helpfully. (Well, most of the time.)

Now, look at Trans Am's record. He does seem like a nice likable guy. But cars and music? There has to be more to life, doesn't there?

Hmmmmm, you obviously know nothing about Trans input on TVF on ALL subjects..

Do you honestly think my near 35,000 posts are all about cars and music....facepalm.gif

If this was poster of the year for CM I wpuld vote for you, but it ain't....tongue.png

I have to agree with Trans here. Seems wrong for the prize to go to somebody who only posts in one subforum.

Lies, all lies! We run an animal sanctuary for abused pets. They come here to escape the horrors of city life, humiliating clothing and degrading names. We teach all animals to live together in peace. They are free to leave at any time but seem to prefer this life of luxury and comfort.

Cats%20and%20Dog%20-%201.jpg

Cats%20-%201.jpg

That does it! Today Hubby is going to Chiang Rai to bring back Mr. Bitey. He was catnapped by VF during the semi-finals from a Kitty Resort where he was resting up for the Finals. Last year things got a little rough for Mr. Bitey during the finals -- the fur flew -- and he knew he'd need his strength for this year's contest. But just look what happened! He's being held by VF's drooling Golden Retriever and witless white cat. He looks so tense in that photo on that Baroque sofa. You just know the dog is off camera threatening bodily harm.

Hmmmmm, you obviously know nothing about Trans input on TVF on ALL subjects..

Do you honestly think my near 35,000 posts are all about cars and music....facepalm.gif

If this was poster of the year for CM I wpuld vote for you, but it ain't....tongue.png

I have to agree with Trans here. Seems wrong for the prize to go to somebody who only posts in one subforum.

Nope I post regularly in the Visa and Health forums and from time-to-time in the Banking, General, Home Country, and Women Living in SEAsia subforum. Plus I have a very active life outside Thai Visa.

I admire your knack for relentless self-promotion, but I think it rather ruins what should be a fun contest.

I know what you mean about self-promotion:
"Like my posts? Vote for me in the 2015 Poster of the Year competition.
See the topic in the General forum for details."

I admire your knack for relentless self-promotion, but I think it rather ruins what should be a fun contest.

I know what you mean about self-promotion:

"Like my posts? Vote for me in the 2015 Poster of the Year competition.

See the topic in the General forum for details."

I'm attempting to promote the actual spirit of the contest - Vote for someone because you enjoy their posts.

Interesting how I started this thread to ask all my Chiang Mai friends to pop over to the General forum and vote in the POTY contest: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/881443-vote-now-poster-of-the-year-grand-finale-2015/

Next thing you know, all the other contestants (except Crazy Chef, who actually has to work for a living) pile in on THIS thread, start campaigning and the next thing you know, I'm accused of relentless self-promotion.

Geesh, isn't this just how ThaiVisa works!post-68373-0-30125200-1451107714_thumb.j

NancyL studied under Saul Alinsky and is funded by George Soros.

Make ThaiVisa Great Again - VOTE TRANSAM!

Oh, I am so honored to be compared with my mentor Saul Alinsky. As William F. Buckley said of him "he is very close to being an organizational genius".

Another little know fact: When I was 15 year old, I was chosen for a summer political science program at Geo. Washington Univ. During that summer, I had a chance to be in the audience of William F. Buckley's weekly TV program a number of times (almost to the point of becoming a groupie) and he even called on me, several times to ask questions of his guests. My thick, long, blond hair, coke bottle glasses and earnest attitude may have had something to do with his selection process. Oh, I suppose being 15 years old had something to do with it, too.