Toshiba warns of record 4-billion euro loss

rooster59

Toshiba warns of record 4-billion euro loss

post-247607-0-58715700-1451170464_thumb.

The cost of Toshiba’s accounting scandal continues to hit hard.

The Japanese giant is to cut almost a third of its workforce in its consumer electronics and appliances unit – almost 7,000 jobs – plus another thousand at its headquarters.

Its president Masashi Muromachi told a news conference that the restructuring programme would transform it into a “robust business”.

But the company now expects a record loss of over four billion euros in the next fiscal year.

Toshiba confirmed in August that it overstated profits going back several years by over a billion euros.

An earlier independent accounting probe criticised the management and work culture.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-12-27

My Toshiba laptop from 2009 is still up and running. Posting from it now. Maybe the quality dropped after my model was produced. Mine is still good.

I had a high-end toshiba/siemens laptop which burned out after 2 years.

By EU-law durable goods ALWAYS get 3 years warranty but they wouldn't help me at Toshiba.

I also have a toshiba air-purifier from Central but after 2 years they changed the models and now i can't buy new filters. It's a good machine though, very silent.

Solly solly, i mean Fujitsu Siemens, not Toshiba....must be hot here. The airpurifier is a toshiba though.

Edited by Thian

Japanese work culture - look busy even though you have completed all your assigned tasks and the boss is still at his desk at 8pm.

8pm? That's North America. I hear through ppl in the investing industry there working up to midnight. And this is not because of the time difference of the western markets.

Edited by Friendly Stranger

Japanese work culture - look busy even though you have completed all your assigned tasks and the boss is still at his desk at 8pm.

8pm? That's North America. I hear through ppl in the investing industry there working up to midnight. And this is not because of the time difference of the western markets.
Silicon Valley is, get in at 10, leave at 17.30

On average.