Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2016-2017

Tywais

Fresh topic start for 2016-2017: N.B.: Posts that are off topic, argumentative, etc. will be aggressively removed to keep this topic with useful information for members. Don't bother to ask 'where my post went'.

This topic is for details and members experience at Promenada immigration office. Previous topic for reference - Immigration Promenada One Stop Service 2015

One Stop Service:

Services provided (Ground Floor Building A - see map)
-Retirement
-90 days report
-Tourist Visa
-Medical Case
-Re-entry Permit

-near future, education extensions

Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm

Closed Sat, Sun and Public Holidays - Public Holidays 2016

Google Map Location

Transportation:

Promenada Shuttle Bus Service (Note: Starting time is 11:30AM depending on pickup point)

Of course red songthaews, tuk-tuks, taxis, private hire are options.

Other topic of interest: Note: Online queue for extensions has been canceled.

90 Day Report - Procedures

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend was over there today and he informed me that the line ups were just as bad as last year. He said one agent had 15 appointments with only one person in line for them. The girls out front were late and the staff inside was late starting. He said in general it was a mess. He got there early 4:00 and there was already 10 people in line for the yearly extension.

He mentioned one very important factor. There was no boss there to see that the staff started on time.

I have removed several off topic and non-pertinent posts and will continue to do so to keep this on track for useful information and appropriate questions and not become a free for all as the other versions. As I stated in my op, I will remove posts without notice from now on that do not follow this criteria.

Sounds like immigration won and achieved their objectives. I will not be queing at 4am and will seek the cheapest alternative when it comes to " retirement visa" renewal unless things change which appears to be unlikely in the near future.

I doubt if things will change as long as people are daft enough to start queuing at 4.am and some even before that time. The immigration officers are quite happy with that situation, just maybe if people only went at the hours of opening then there would be a case for something to be done, and a proper service provided.

greeting all

well here is my report on the im office at prom . now my wife and i had to both go in for our 90 day. we had to file in person because we started our new extension in november ,tried to do it on line but no go . so we got there around 8 30 am. ha ha well nothing has changed much got in back of the line and yes there where a lot there so we didn't get our 90 day Q number. and i am glad i did not . so i went to the visa agent next door . lmao ok so at 9 am we gave all our paper work to them. asked how much 300 bah each so thats $17.11 usd for us both took him ten min to get the new 90 day day and we where done .

Now it seems to me that' s a pretty good idea. so by 9 30 am we where done and on our to the mall and shop, so i ask you is it worth it to go in at 5 am sit there till 8;00 am when they start giving out numbers .( i have done that as well )and i must say this is much easier and less stress full . and then sit and wait some more depending on number to be called some times afternoon or pay 300 bah . be done in 10 min.

So as i looked back as we where leaving and the office at im, and it was packed with people waiting, all of that to save a small 300 bah which is just under 2 caramel macchiato venti 's at starbucks . and some country's like russia you can only use visa agents. so all in all i am now sold on using the agent next door . To me makes no difference , the whys and hows of it ,they provide a service for a good price. cheaper than most others. for what ever the reason and how its set up i could care less/ i value my time just as much . so that's it .

greeting all

well here is my report on the im office at prom . now my wife and i had to both go in for our 90 day. we had to file in person because we started our new extension in november ,tried to do it on line but no go . so we got there around 8 30 am. ha ha well nothing has changed much got in back of the line and yes there where a lot there so we didn't get our 90 day Q number. and i am glad i did not . so i went to the visa agent next door . lmao ok so at 9 am we gave all our paper work to them. asked how much 300 bah each so thats $17.11 usd for us both took him ten min to get the new 90 day day and we where done .

Now it seems to me that' s a pretty good idea. so by 9 30 am we where done and on our to the mall and shop, so i ask you is it worth it to go in at 5 am sit there till 8;00 am when they start giving out numbers .( i have done that as well )and i must say this is much easier and less stress full . and then sit and wait some more depending on number to be called some times afternoon or pay 300 bah . be done in 10 min.

So as i looked back as we where leaving and the office at im, and it was packed with people waiting, all of that to save a small 300 bah which is just under 2 caramel macchiato venti 's at starbucks . and some country's like russia you can only use visa agents. so all in all i am now sold on using the agent next door . To me makes no difference , the whys and hows of it ,they provide a service for a good price. cheaper than most others. for what ever the reason and how its set up i could care less/ i value my time just as much . so that's it .

As I said they have won. Look for similar agencies springing up around the country.

But why didn't you mail in?

greeting all

Let me see if I understand this -- you got into the queue at 8:30 am -- at opening -- and there were so many people ahead of you that by the time you got to the head of the line they had handed out all the queue cards for 90 day reports? How many queue cards did they distribute for 90 day reports? In the past it's been something like 180 reports a day.

Sounds like immigration won and achieved their objectives. I will not be queing at 4am and will seek the cheapest alternative when it comes to " retirement visa" renewal unless things change which appears to be unlikely in the near future.

I doubt if things will change as long as people are daft enough to start queuing at 4.am and some even before that time. The immigration officers are quite happy with that situation, just maybe if people only went at the hours of opening then there would be a case for something to be done, and a proper service provided.

Well it defiantly would be a new way of approaching the problem. How ever it reminds me of a time in the past at the airport before they had the line ups. It was a push and shove at the door to get to the head of the line.

I can not imagine (well maybe I can) around 150 people showing up at the same time. It would be a mob.

Which makes the 3000 baht fee for the retirement visa seem a tad expensive, especially if all the paperwork is in order.

Does this 3000 baht fee include the cost of the extension?

The 3,000 baht fee at G4T is for the permission to stay another 365 days. It does not include the 90 day reports. I do not know if they give you a break on the cost of them if you extend with them.

I believe the other two major agents do.

I can not confirm that for both off them but Thai Assist does from what I have heard. They charge 1,500 baht for 4 of the 90 days and 1,000 baht if you use them to extend. Plus I have been told you can forget about it they will alert you when it is due.

greeting all

As I said they have won. Look for similar agencies springing up around the country.

But why didn't you mail in?

i live in chiang mai city center, and i was planning on doing it on line like i did before , and the rules say you must mail in well before your 15 days, and from what i have read here they don't always send it back. i do believe if you live in the city limits you cant mail in anyway. never the less if they do it will be great. as for what did they really win ? most other countries it is much harder than this. i paid much more than this for my 3 yr russian visa and had to use an agent. so this seems like nothing at all. what is there to win here?

Which makes the 3000 baht fee for the retirement visa seem a tad expensive, especially if all the paperwork is in order.

The 3,000 baht fee at G4T is for the permission to stay another 365 days. It does not include the 90 day reports. I do not know if they give you a break on the cost of them if you extend with them.

I can not confirm that for both off them but Thai Assist does from what I have heard. They charge 1,500 baht for 4 of the 90 days and 1,000 baht if you use them to extend. Plus I have been told you can forget about it they will alert you when it is due.

ok i just talked to G4T yesterday about that, they charge 2000 baht for extension plus you pay the 1900 so that's 3900 for that. 90 day is 300x4

ok i just talked to G4T yesterday about that, they charge 2000 baht for extension plus you pay the 1900 so that's 3900 for that. 90 day is 300x4

Wasn't it 3,000 baht before? Or is that the figure for the extension and the re-entry permit?

Wasn't it 3,000 baht before? Or is that the figure for the extension and the re-entry permit?

well that is for 1 yr extension only , i didn't ask for the re-entry. there is never much of a line for that anyway and i always get the multi anyway

a late report on using the services of os thai visa, which nancy had suggested i use, because of my disability.

everything went smoothly, it took me 7 minutes at immigration,i was very satisfied with their service.

Stephenterry

Is 100% correct, its not about money

However, not everyone can afford to pay

We should be able to go to IM in normal office hours and complete our business at IM

There are more and more post about no queue tickets, or 90 days reporting is closed

And SURPRISE, SURPRISE go to G4T and your required is fulfilled that day

Yep, G4T walk next door and the required services is completed immediately

BUT YOU COULD NOT GET AN A QUEUE TICKET

All we are asking for is CNX IM to provide the same level as service as other IM office

It looks to me is that more and more will take the easy route and pay G4T

NOW EXPAT'S GOING TO IM ARE REALLY SCREWED

IM has no incentive to provide a better service

well that is for 1 yr extension only , i didn't ask for the re-entry. there is never much of a line for that anyway and i always get the multi anyway

Nov 2015 1 yr extension was 3000 Baht at G4T. I used the service. Plus 1900 Baht for Imm.

Just asking you to double check on the 2,000 baht. I paid 3,000 baht plus the 1,900.

This is the first report I have heard of 2,000 baht. Is that only if you do your 4 90 days with them?

Well nothing has changed stillmoaning and groaning I see.Went to immigration on Thursday arrived at 0730 took my place in line and when the numbers handed out recieved number 45. Paper work checked by girls in front, waited around and kept a eye on number being served.At 0915 took my place at the desk and then had to wait another 45 min. as the two clowns in front of me were late reporting it took 45 mins. to process these two clowns who were both clueless about the procedures. One of these gentlemen didn't know what visa he was staying in Thailand on he insisted itwas a non o multiply entry Iasked him then why are you doinga 90 day report you need to leave the country. He finally pulled his passport and he was on a non O-A visa. Needless to say I was not finished

until almost1000.

They were processing these 90day reports very fast until looney tunes show up andput a kink in things. Remember there were lines at the old immigration office. The 90 day report had the longest line, re-entry permit the shortest and retirement extension of stay was not that long maybe 20 people. I cannot complain about the service no different than the old office

Just get My English Correct England and Australian

Your statement

wow that's good,will have some of that if its kosher,3200 bht for trouble free visas for one year,cheaper than a elite visa 16000bht for five years,plus 9500baht charges,can I sign up now.

To Have a O A Visa Extension for 1 year

Is 3900 baht

When you do your 90 day reporting this cost is ?

It seems that this is the method (G4T agency) now being used by Chiang Mai immigration for coping with the lack of budget and ever 
increasing invasions of expats into the city and that the expansion of premises and staff isn't going to happen. 

But you are missing something.

Immigration officials need to review everyone's documentation, approve it and sign it. They can do all this AND take care of the customers provided by G4T, which means that they could take care of ALL of the traffic -- walk-ins and G4T customers -- without G4T.

Do you see what I mean?

Immigration still has to process everyone's documents. If they can process, for example, 100 walk-ins and 50 G4T customers a day, they can also process 150 walk-in customers without the G4T agency. The process is the same, no matter where the documents originate.

Shouldn't immigration be, as is said of Justice, blind?

Just get My English Correct England and Australian

Your statement

wow that's good,will have some of that if its kosher,3200 bht for trouble free visas for one year,cheaper than a elite visa 16000bht for five years,plus 9500baht charges,can I sign up now.

To Have a O A Visa Extension for 1 year

Is 3900 baht

When you do your 90 day reporting this cost is ?

its 300 bah each time

It seems that this is the method (G4T agency) now being used by Chiang Mai immigration for coping with the lack of budget and ever 
increasing invasions of expats into the city and that the expansion of premises and staff isn't going to happen. 

But you are missing something.

Immigration officials need to review everyone's documentation, approve it and sign it. They can do all this AND take care of the customers provided by G4T, which means that they could take care of ALL of the traffic -- walk-ins and G4T customers -- without G4T.

Do you see what I mean?

Immigration still has to process everyone's documents. If they can process, for example, 100 walk-ins and 50 G4T customers a day, they can also process 150 walk-in customers without the G4T agency. The process is the same, no matter where the documents originate.

Shouldn't immigration be, as is said of Justice, blind?

well when i was there for my 90 day the girl checking the paperwork in the 90 day line also works for G4T or helps out in there office, i am sure there staff behind the scenes who do some paper work that officers don't need to do.

Now i have not been to to many places in this country, so my question is .How many city's in Thailand have more than one i m office ? do the others like in Phuket , or Pattaya, have 2 ? i am sure Bangkok has more than one based on population, and now chiang mai has as well. i am sure this is a budget issue . You can bet on that.

times change .If you think this is hard try the us or some others .

All in all even though its not as good as it could be i think G4T and other agents are the wave of the future. Like all market;s the more agents the cheaper it will be as they compete for customers.G4T has done that all ready . And to be honest you have 4 options to do your 90 day report. mail . on line ,agent or in person . so where is the rub here? Its a matter of choice really. I use to do as many of you, go in early , wait most of the day, and if lucky be out and gone by 12 or if i got there late at 3. no matter if it was at the air[port im or the new one.

Old ways die hard some times. but as time goes by things change and improve . G4T and the rest provide a service. As long as you get what you want and not be stuck there all day , who really cares or why. Principal what is the real principal here? You want them to change for you ,remember we are all guest's here.

ok i am done , cant wait to here all the replies . )))

Archived