‘Common sense’ approach to FB enforcement

webfact

In France 215 procedures since 07 January 2015

50 condamnation from 4 month to 4 years for people who "like" terrorism picture or video

In France "like" this content is consider to apology of terrorism, thanks for french States of emergency

There have been plenty of procedures and jail sentences for posting comments or pictures, i.e. for praising people responsible of Charlie Hebdo killings, or stating they would like to have done it, etc...

However I did not read anything on people questioned or sentenced for "likes". I just did a Google search in French and did not find any information on it.

What is your source for this precise statement?

You are not french and not live in France...... you not see all what happen in this country....

Neither are you so are you making stuff up to suit your argument? I thought you were a nationalistic Thai?

If you're not you could of fooled me!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There have been plenty of procedures and jail sentences for posting comments or pictures, i.e. for praising people responsible of Charlie Hebdo killings, or stating they would like to have done it, etc...

However I did not read anything on people questioned or sentenced for "likes". I just did a Google search in French and did not find any information on it.

You are not french and not live in France...... you not see all what happen in this country....

Neither are you so are you making stuff up to suit your argument? I thought you were a nationalistic Thai?

If you're not you could of fooled me!

I'm not Thai, but I am retired from the Public Employees of my country and live in Thailand with my Thai wife

In France 215 procedures since 07 January 2015

50 condamnation from 4 month to 4 years for people who "like" terrorism picture or video

In France "like" this content is consider to apology of terrorism, thanks for french States of emergency

Bad guess! Pas de chance! If you had looked at my nickname you would have guessed it. But I doubt you ever read this book.

So about your precise number of 50 people condemned for apology of terrorism for clicking on "like", I guess you did not count them one by one! You must have a source? Or is it just your creativity?

Or maybe a few references of individual cases?

Edited by candide

Bad guess! Pas de chance! If you had looked at my nickname you would have guessed it. But I doubt you ever read this book.

So about your precise number of 50 people condemned for apology of terrorism for clicking on "like", I guess you did not count them one by one! You must have a source? Or is it just your creativity?

no only 50 cases like you look on internet but much more according to my former colleagues and some for just liker des contenus illicites en France

French news not describe all case they just follow information from the Place Beauvau

Edited by than

no only 50 cases like you look on internet but much more according to my former colleagues and some for just liker des contenus illicites en France

French news not describe all case they just follow information from the Place Beauvau

Complete BS! 50 people sentenced from 4 month to 4 years for clicking on "like" on Facebook and the press never reports about it?

When people are sentenced it happens in court and it's public! And sentences are filed and publicised. (And it has nothing to do with place Beauvau). There is no way it can be unnoticed!

The reality is that you don't even have a single case to show us!

^^

Now before you continue with baseless accusations and insinuations, pray tell which part of that that I was asking an entirety different poster didn't you understand?

Or perhaps you have multiple identities?

Which part did you write in your reply to me in #43 and #46 ?

You rubl or you than? Which one are you now?

Does your answer imply that only one Baboon wrote to either Than or to rubl, and another baboon to the other?

Both #43 and #46 were replies to rubl. Both #43, #46 were replies from someone using member name 'baboon'.

Common sense and forum rules imply there is only one member behind the name baboon. Anyway, as the OP suggests a crime is only a crime when people notice.

and a happy NewYear to you as well,

uncle rubl.

Both rely on government monitoring your freedom of 'whatever'

Your point being?

Some seem to accept without question their own government monitoring their activities while being appalled that the Thai government might do something similar. I guess when the American or British government monitors it's for the good of the Nation and therefore acceptable. People who have nothing to hide don't need to worry anyway.

nonsense, of course, they don't have 'attitude adjustment camps' laws against gathering of 5 people or 'unusually' high death rates in prisons or lese majeste

We were talking about 'common sense' regarding facebook entries. Or as the OP mentions

""Thus, a "like" does not show support for the poster or even the message, because the action behind the original post was carried out before other people online even had a chance to see it.""

Well, with the monitoring some countries do, some people not only had a chance to see it, they were hired by their respective governments to see such things.

How about clicking "like" on Facebook is never a crime, how's that for common sense?

It could be a mistake for sure. Sometimes I get a notification that one of my dear fellow posters 'liked' a post I wrote, only to discover that looking at the post the 'like' has gone.

Now common sense would be to assume a 'like' is not automatically a crime, but how to look upon that 'like' depends on circumstances. consistency of 'likes', circumstantial evidence of 'liking' certain posts deemed criminal while writing themselves similarly criminal posts. Of course Solomon was the epitome of 'common sense' with his 'cut him in half'rolleyes.gif

^^

Now before you continue with baseless accusations and insinuations, pray tell which part of that that I was asking an entirety different poster didn't you understand?

Or perhaps you have multiple identities?

Does your answer imply that only one Baboon wrote to either Than or to rubl, and another baboon to the other?

Both #43 and #46 were replies to rubl. Both #43, #46 were replies from someone using member name 'baboon'.

Common sense and forum rules imply there is only one member behind the name baboon. Anyway, as the OP suggests a crime is only a crime when people notice.

uncle rubl.

What has all that crap above to do with what I asked you and which you refuse to answer?

uncle rubl.

What has all that crap above to do with what I asked you and which you refuse to answer?

Good question, my dear baboon. Your posts suggesting you asked that question another poster following with more suggestion that you were getting confused who Than or rubl were, is a marvelous piece of nonsense.

BTW do you ever read and try to understand posts? The question was answered, but obviously you didn't 'like' the answer. Where does it democratically say I need to provide an answer you 'like' ? That wouldn't make sense and certainly not common sense. Of course, you may write whatever you want here. By now that about expected from a baboon.

In the mean time I try to apply common sense and really wonder why the OP has this line

"""Thus, a "like" does not show support for the poster or even the message, because the action behind the original post was carried out before other people online even had a chance to see it."""

This line doesn't make sense, nor is common sense.

Edited by rubl

^^

So nothing, then. I thought so. Interesting you never denied you have multiple identities on Thaivisa, mind.

You sound like the former Pheu Thai spokesman Promphong "I accuse, prove me wrong". Well, unlike Thai I do not feel the need to react to stupid questions.

Greetings from a long time inmate,

^^

So nothing, then. I thought so. Interesting you never denied you have multiple identities on Thaivisa, mind.

You sound like the former Pheu Thai spokesman Promphong "I accuse, prove me wrong". Well, unlike Thai I do not feel the need to react to stupid questions.

I have no idea what you are blethering on about now, other than your not denying you have multiple identities on Thaivisa.

^^

I have no idea what you are blethering on about now, other than your not denying you have multiple identities on Thaivisa.

My dear Baboon, why should there be a need for me to deny? Why should there be a need to say anything about your "I accuse, prove me wrong"?

If you read the forum rules somewhere it mentions that multiple identities are FORBIDDEN, punishment DEATH THROUGH TVF BAN.

As for inmate #58, my registration number here from 13 years ago.

Stay cool, have a drink and keep smiling in 2016,

uncle rubl

I despise "Rubi" and his seemingly positive Junta attitude but, I like his rhetorical posts as they soon spin up everybody. Keep em coming old boy!

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated.

As for the new year I wish everybody would get a nice, new, shiny device which would allow them to see the difference between an "I" (for Idaho) and an "L" (for Lima).

Cheers for 2016,

uncle rubl

^^

My dear Baboon, why should there be a need for me to deny? Why should there be a need to say anything about your "I accuse, prove me wrong"?

If you read the forum rules somewhere it mentions that multiple identities are FORBIDDEN, punishment DEATH THROUGH TVF BAN.

uncle rubl

Still no actual denial, though...?

Complete BS! 50 people sentenced from 4 month to 4 years for clicking on "like" on Facebook and the press never reports about it?

When people are sentenced it happens in court and it's public! And sentences are filed and publicised. (And it has nothing to do with place Beauvau). There is no way it can be unnoticed!

Dear Candide, the sixty- eighter,

publicized means all court decision was hear in public not obligatory publish in press

http://www.justice.gouv.fr/organisation-de-la-justice-10031/les-fondements-et-principes-10032/la-publicite-des-decisions-de-justice-12037.html

In 2014 , 1049094 decision of justice was hear in all french court, only 20% was publish in national press, 56% in regional press. Not all decision of justice has got favor of headline

Some of them could be found in inset in the inside page regional paper editions.

An exemple a young french convict to 4 month with suspension for like and share picture who make apology of terrorism, in profil was public and some people denounce hin to PHAROS, the national platform for denounce extremis crime in France Currently the case is under appeal and under french law he is always innocent (La Provence paper edition of 24 July 2015).

When you like an FB the content was share on your statu page and your friend can know what you like. And now in France for a simple caricature you can go to jail under crime for apology of terrorism (http://www.numerama.com/magazine/31910-apologie-terrorisme.html)

It the same thing arrive to Thanakorn Siripaiboon he like and unknowingly disseminated elements harmful for him. In all society you are responsable all thing you share on FB

If you want see the case go to Archive départementale d'AIX-En PROVENCE

25 Allée de Philadelphie, 13100 Aix-en-Provence

La Provence paper edition of 24 July 2015

The french press only follow order from ministry of interior

Dear Candide, the sixty- eighter,

publicized means all court decision was hear in public not obligatory publish in press

http://www.justice.gouv.fr/organisation-de-la-justice-10031/les-fondements-et-principes-10032/la-publicite-des-decisions-de-justice-12037.html

In 2014 , 1049094 decision of justice was hear in all french court, only 20% was publish in national press, 56% in regional press. Not all decision of justice has got favor of headline

Some of them could be found in inset in the inside page regional paper editions.

An exemple a young french convict to 4 month with suspension for like and share picture who make apology of terrorism, in profil was public and some people denounce hin to PHAROS, the national platform for denounce extremis crime in France Currently the case is under appeal and under french law he is always innocent (La Provence paper edition of 24 July 2015).

When you like an FB the content was share on your statu page and your friend can know what you like. And now in France for a simple caricature you can go to jail under crime for apology of terrorism (http://www.numerama.com/magazine/31910-apologie-terrorisme.html)

It the same thing arrive to Thanakorn Siripaiboon he like and unknowingly disseminated elements harmful for him. In all society you are responsable all thing you share on FB

If you want see the case go to Archive départementale d'AIX-En PROVENCE

25 Allée de Philadelphie, 13100 Aix-en-Provence

La Provence paper edition of 24 July 2015

The french press only follow order from ministry of interior

I know what publicise mean and never wrote that all sentences are published. They are available to the public and it's not difficult to have access to this information.

I am surprised that among the 50 cases of people sentenced from 4 month to 4 years for clicking on a "like" button you can only provide one case that nobody can check anyway.

As for "The french press only follow order from ministry of interior" it is complete BS. For example there are plenty of articles that are critical to the policy of sentencing any comment or publication related to apology of terrorism (which I don't deny the existence, I have more than strong doubts about the existence of the 50 cases related to "likes" that you stated). As a matter of fact the article you cite (numerama) contradicts your assertion as it is very critical. There are plenty of such articles available with a quick Google search, including "Le Monde" "Libé" etc....

Additionally you confuse the ministry of interior with the ministry of justice. It's the ministry of justice which publishes information about judicial cases.

uncle rubl

Still no actual denial, though...?

My dear, dear Baboon, if it causes you sleepless nights and if by formally denying I can solve your problem and even make you enter the New Year in a better mental shape, well so be it

Herewith I do deny that I have multiple identities on TVF.

Herewith I do deny that I have had multiple identities on TVF.

Herewith I do confirm that member "rubl" is a single person and has always been since registration on that for TVF and it's members glorious day in December 2002.wink.png

Herewith I do deny that there is even any reason for people to ask my to deny what it obviously and clearly for all to see a possible smear campaign aimed at insinuating something might be amiss.

Hope this helps to get you into 2016 in a reasonable shape.smile.png
Don't drink and drive,
stay cool and keep smiling,
uncle rubl wai.gif