Kanchanaburi Sights and Attractions video

Boycie

I have enjoyed several great visits to Kancanaburi but the video showed many sites I have missed, but would love to see.

It seemed also to only show Thai people having fun at the entertainment places and I ask if anyone knows if the "FUN" places are perhaps charging Farrang prices and perhaps that explains their absence ?

I've been many times to Kanchanaburi and apart from a couple of places it doesn't look like the same place that I've been too. On occasions I've hired a song tale for the day to take us sightseeing and still not seen these places. Are they really in Kanchanaburi or places many kilometers outside ?

I've been many times to Kanchanaburi and apart from a couple of places it doesn't look like the same place that I've been too. On occasions I've hired a song tale for the day to take us sightseeing and still not seen these places. Are they really in Kanchanaburi or places many kilometers outside ?

Many of the sights in Kanchanaburi involve traveling out of the town itself that is correct.

Yeah looks nice but tell me how much a Farang has to pay to see this?

No double pricing here. Farang and Thai dont have to pay anything 'to see this'.....YouTube is free to watch wink.png

Edited by Boycie

Yeah looks nice but tell me how much a Farang has to pay to see this?

Entering the Wat is free for everybody;

you have to go there ..

Many other things to do or see in Kan'buri provinces;

Often, on travel forums I can see some questions about this marvellous province and many people want to visit it during one to sometimes three days ..

Even you have a fortnight it will be difficult to see all because buses and song theo don't go everywhere ;

nothing about this marvellous Wat , Wat Maha Mongkhol not far from Sai_Yok ...

Now it's impossible to enter , to cross the suspension bridge with a camera , even a smartphone .

And the 1680 stairs are only open on saturdays and sundays .

23582153223_3a580ea580_b.jpg

24126363941_71b4711e77_b.jpg

Lawa caves , I think it's 200 baht to enter there, because it's inside a National Park

21768203069_e4537b8d10_b.jpg

Three pagodas Pass

21333463773_8106d187f8_b.jpg

I have enjoyed several great visits to Kancanaburi but the video showed many sites I have missed, but would love to see.

It seemed also to only show Thai people having fun at the entertainment places and I ask if anyone knows if the "FUN" places are perhaps charging Farrang prices and perhaps that explains their absence ?

the main reason you only see thai people enjoying the fun is because farang are not really welcome anywhere in kanchanaburi, in my experience they dont need you and dont want you here, just notice the lack of eye contact here if you are a farang

the main reason you only see thai people enjoying the fun is because farang are not really welcome anywhere in kanchanaburi, in my experience they dont need you and dont want you here, just notice the lack of eye contact here if you are a farang

Ouch!

Edited by Boycie

just back to bangkok today having spent the last 2 weeks camping around Kanchanaburi, it's been a great trip, loads to do and see - its Thailand's 3rd largest province, but you do need your own transport to make the most of it.

Huai mae kamin waterfall in Srinakarin national park is better than Erawan IMO and you can camp next to the falls (thai price with Thai DL) 30 b for car, 30b to camp

There's some stunning scenery, and the national parks are great for camping with decent (coldddd showers shock1.gif ) facilities.

It's my first proper camping trip here in Thailand, and I was thinking it would be too hot for camping - the weather was ideal; mid teens at night, or that I'd be eaten alive by mosquitoes - I get more bites in Bangkok

Did the tree top adventure thing in Phutoey - it was fun, but a little expensive at 1600b

Here's a couple of pics

Huai Mae Kamin waterfall

post-62077-0-45072500-1452185129_thumb.j

view from thong pha phum NP campsite

post-62077-0-37059100-1452185198_thumb.j

Phom Pii campsite in Khao Leam NP over looking Vajiralonkorn dam

post-62077-0-63233300-1452185885_thumb.j

I found the locals to be welcoming and happy to talk to us

Looking forward to more trips thumbsup.gif

I've lived in Kanchanaburi for over 10 years now and what you describe is exactly the opposite of my experience.

I've lived in Kanchanaburi for over 10 years now and what you describe is exactly the opposite of my experience.

I live there also and find the locals very pleasant.

the main reason you only see thai people enjoying the fun is because farang are not really welcome anywhere in kanchanaburi, in my experience they dont
need you and dont want you here, just notice the lack of eye contact here if you are a farang

ive also lived in kan for quite a few years and other parts of thailand and i must agree with phka kan people are the most unfriendly i have ever met in thailand make you feel very unwelcome

the main reason you only see thai people enjoying the fun is because farang are not really welcome anywhere in kanchanaburi, in my experience they dont
need you and dont want you here, just notice the lack of eye contact here if you are a farang

ive also lived in kan for quite a few years and other parts of thailand and i must agree with phka kan people are the most unfriendly i have ever met in thailand make you feel very unwelcome