We meet Pattaya KFC worker seen feeding foreign disabled customer

webfact

How about KFC puts both those employees on a fast track management course so they may have a career - if they want it - and give them a bonus / pay rise.

Businesses can do very very well from this type of publicity and they should show their gratitude to their employees

So you never thought for a second this was done for publicity and they were told (by their boss) to do it for the photo op... which just happened to land in the local paper.

If that handicapped foreigner made it to Thailand, it's pretty certain he can either feed himself or has minders to feed him and he had more than enough money to pay for the food.

You put the point before I did, the chaps who are in a wheelchairs usually have powerfull arms, and can feed themselves.

He COULD have become disabled whilst living in Thailand.

Strong arms because of a wheelchair? I doubt Stephen Hawkins would have agreed with you.

As usual, certain posters always looking for the conspiracy theories.

Paraplegics in wheeelchairs DO have particularly strong arms.

Stephen Hawking is not a paraplegic but has a condition destroying his entire body, mo use of his arms, so not strong as a result of pushing his chair.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KFC employee to be awarded for her kindness to a disabled man

BANGKOK, 29 December 2015 (NNT) - A KFC employee in Pattaya will be awarded a certificate for her kindness after a photo of her feeding food to a disabled man went viral on social media.

An 18 year old female, Kulasatree Sunhoh, has been identified as a woman in the picture. She said a foreign man on a wheelchair came to the fast food restaurant chain on Christmas Day once where one of the KFC employees also fed him a meal.

Ms. Kulasatree decided to feed the same man during his second visit to the restaurant on the following day when she was not too busy. The female good Samaritan did not realize somebody took a photo of her and shared it on social media.

Ms. Kulasatree said she felt happy to have helped the man. The KFC store manager at Central Pattaya Beach, Wandee Noppaket, said she was proud that the company’s employees gave good service to the clients. She added that Ms. Kulasatree will be awarded a certificate in recognition for her service and kindness.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2015-12-29 footer_n.gif

Was this action for real or was it staged so that people really thinks these action happen in Thailand. I go to KFC and not enough help to even get me a napkin. Sounds like KFC and Thailand needed a kind act. If it looks like B. S. and smells like B.S. it usually is!

BANGKOK, 29 December 2015 (NNT) - A KFC employee in Pattaya will be awarded a certificate for her kindness after a photo of her feeding food to a disabled man went viral on social media.

An 18 year old female, Kulasatree Sunhoh, has been identified as a woman in the picture. She said a foreign man on a wheelchair came to the fast food restaurant chain on Christmas Day once where one of the KFC employees also fed him a meal.

Ms. Kulasatree decided to feed the same man during his second visit to the restaurant on the following day when she was not too busy. The female good Samaritan did not realize somebody took a photo of her and shared it on social media.

Ms. Kulasatree said she felt happy to have helped the man. The KFC store manager at Central Pattaya Beach, Wandee Noppaket, said she was proud that the company’s employees gave good service to the clients. She added that Ms. Kulasatree will be awarded a certificate in recognition for her service and kindness.

nntlogo.jpg

Was this action for real or was it staged so that people really thinks these action happen in Thailand. I go to KFC and not enough help to even get me a napkin. Sounds like KFC and Thailand needed a kind act. If it looks like B. S. and smells like B.S. it usually is!

Keep an eye out for a line of disabled people in wheelchairs waiting for a discounted hand-fed meal next time you're down at KFC. How does one hand feed a piece of hot, greasy chicken?

but he only had 100 Baht in his pocket. The team at KFC clubbed together and paid the extra 99 Baht.

Maybe he also had a speech impediment and was trying to say 'Not that pocket you dope - there's 5,000 baht in my other pocket' laugh.png

KFC?? Maybe he was trying for 'suicide-by-eating-terrible-fast-food' laugh.png

Anyway, a very nice story to end the year. Well done to that lady and the KFC staff.

Ms. Kulasatree said she felt happy to have helped the man. The KFC store manager at Central Pattaya Beach, Wandee Noppaket, said she was proud that the companys employees gave good service to the clients. She added that Ms. Kulasatree will be awarded a certificate in recognition for her service and kindness.

nntlogo.jpg

Keep an eye out for a line of disabled people in wheelchairs waiting for a discounted hand-fed meal next time you're down at KFC. How does one hand feed a piece of hot, greasy chicken?

Do you eat KFC with a knife and fork?

Ms. Kulasatree said she felt happy to have helped the man. The KFC store manager at Central Pattaya Beach, Wandee Noppaket, said she was proud that the companys employees gave good service to the clients. She added that Ms. Kulasatree will be awarded a certificate in recognition for her service and kindness.

nntlogo.jpg

Chopsticks are the approved method.

Mostly I do, unless it's a Twister or burger. My wife eats the fried rice/chicken with a fork and spoon. I use a knife and fork for fried chicken.

What would you use to eat a potato mash or salad? Your fingers?

Post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

At last the real face of the greater majority of Thai people, we are not all bad as you can plainly or wish to see.

This girl needs to be in the headlines for her act.

There are many more like her...

I do not know the guys nationality or why he could not afford the full cost of a meal, but I suspect he chooses to be in Thailand rather than his own country is because Thai's are more compassionate.

I didn't know they even had cutlery in KFC. I guess you learn something every day.

They're always had cutlery at KFC's in Pattaya. Just recently they changed from steel cutlery to plastic. It was fairly decent, heavy duty stainless steel cutlery (knives, forks AND spoons) so probably too much was walking out the door. I'm not the only one who likes to eat chicken with a knife and fork.

Edited by tropo

Being confined to a wheelchair I can confirm that Thai people are really kind to persons with disabilities. I'm from Australia, whilst I was never in a wheelchair there (that happened after I moved to Thailand) I had to use crutches to get around. I'm not saying the Aussies were unkind, they weren't, they just seemed indifferent. They would move to let you sit down on the bus (by law they had to) but other than that they didn't seem concerned. Perhaps it was because people felt they shouldn't treat us any different as we would become embarrassed which is true. Practically of course we are different no matter how much we wish that weren't the case.

As for the suggestion that he used his disability to take advantage I doubt it, it must have been embarrassing enough to be spoon fed by a stranger as well as being caught short of 99 baht.

Well done that KFC Thai girl. Karma will reward your kindness.

I hate people who pretend to be something they're not thereby casting shadows on the genuine article.