Trat calls for strict alcohol regulation in holidays

webfact

Trat calls for strict alcohol regulation in holidays

tr.jpg

TRAT, 29 December 2015 (NNT) – Trat province is now deploying special alcohol regulation units to strictly impose bans on gift basket with alcoholic products in the area during the New Year holidays, a public health official says.

Special alcohol regulation units comprising of provincial administrative officials, healthcare officials, local excise officials, and police officers, are now working to regulate the alcohol sales ban at shopping malls and retails in the province during the New Year holidays.

The Provincial Public Health Officer Sirinthip Thongyuay has revealed that the units have been dispatched in compliance with the Alcohol Control Act BE 2551, which prohibits the sale of gift baskets containing alcoholic products.

The public health officer states that violations will result in a punishment of up to 6 months imprisonment, up to 10,000 baht fine, or both.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-12-29 footer_n.gif

Have not heard of this regulation before but it has immediately jumped to number one in my list of bureaucratic stupidity.

Give 'em a break BP.

They are just trying to 'nip it in the bud', that way traffic cops can do their 'work' inside shopping malls instead of doing it out on the roads catching drunks.

It makes perfect 'Thai' sense.

After all, it's a proven fact that a liter of JW Black in a gift basket kills 157.27% times more people every year than drunken car crashes! The reasoning is.......

They lift the half meter wide gift basket up to their mouths to take a swig as they are driving, and it blocks their view of the road!

I mean DUH! Can you not see why this menace to society must be purged at all costs?!???

Focus on something more meaningful. I have never in the past years throughout Thailand have ever seen alcohol in gift baskets that are displayed at the markets and shopping malls.

Instead, it's been healthily drinks such as 'Brands' Chicken soup and other related variations of drinks.

Why not focus on alcohol that are more in abundance. It will have greater benefits than the small number of gift baskets that may be laying around from years gone by.

Trying to blow away smoke to put out a fire.

The Thai government and police farce should take more responsibility instead of patronizing normal people and treating them like children. A civilized country enforces reasonable laws and the vast majority of the population are perfectly fine.

Still, all in line with this inept government's plan to bring misery to the people.

Why could it require 4 different Government Departments to administer one small Government Act ?

Special alcohol regulation units comprising of provincial administrative officials, healthcare officials, local excise officials, and police officers,

Can you ever imagine them agreeing on anything ?

Why could it require 4 different Government Departments to administer one small Government Act ?

Special alcohol regulation units comprising of provincial administrative officials, healthcare officials, local excise officials, and police officers,

I suspect they now agree that their jobs are more secure.

I suspect they now agree that their jobs are more secure.

Jobs are always secure. No accountability here! Just look like your doing something then all is ok.

If the anti alcohol lobby really wants to reduce alcohol intake at a grass roots level start putting some restrictions on that bloody

Lao Khao firstly by taxing it on alcohol level.

It is the worst killer in this country in more ways than one.

I have personally lost 8 people to liver complications due to this poison.

But I know my suggestions will fall on deaf ears

since when is alcohol in a xmass hamper a crime it happens in Europe every year why is it so different here because it is Thailand where everything is transparently clear and above board its another of thailands stupid laws aimed at people getting inebriated over the festive period I wonder what next are they going to come up with stopping people from enjoying themselves?.

since when is alcohol in a xmass hamper a crime it happens in Europe every year why is it so different here because it is Thailand where everything is transparently clear and above board its another of thailands stupid laws aimed at people getting inebriated over the festive period I wonder what next are they going to come up with stopping people from enjoying themselves?.

its jan2nd slow-tojack and this topic is dead exceptp the part about how you can rite a 5 line post witout puntuation which is part odf the english language.

---------------------------------

It's January 2nd Springheeled Jack, This is Thailand.

They make silly rules. We laugh at them.

We also appreciate proper American, British, Australian and Kiwi English on this forum, replete with punctuation as opposed to a rambling 5 line sentence with none.

I even have Irish, Canadian and Scottish friends here, that at least graduated 3rd grade (which is where/when I learned about commas and periods and upper case letters).