Holiday reminder to jai yen yen, or: How I got smacked in the back of the head

fishbrando

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes we all get wrapped up in our own little worlds. all that matters is our "mission" whether that be buying a salad or going to meet your buddies.

It's probably a good thing that you recognise your behaviour may cause others to react in a way that could end up in poor outcome. I'm sure the other chap has had time to recognise his own poor behaviour too..

In an ever more crowded world we need to show more tolerance to each other. I get hacked off with slow movers too.. even when not in a hurry I like to move swiftly. I've even been admonished by my own friends for being bolshie when moving through crowds ALA Richard Ashcroft.. I do try to be more passive now..

well done for seeing it for what it was and accepting that perhaps you could do better, as we all could.

More Jai Yen Yen less it's all about me.

Seasons Greeting to all readers.

Cheers and thanks for the wise words and good advice. Today I had a chance to practice my new jai yen yen attitude while making my way through the crowds and it felt much better - lower blood pressure, friendlier interactions, and no getting slapped in the back of the head.

Have a great 2016!

in the heat of the moment it's so easy to get angry and pleased this didn't develop into anything more

I'm not. I wanted to see some action, preferably with ripped clothes, and sobbing.

Let me guess: you also wanted to see them driven before you and maybe hear the lamentations of their women? Cheers and have a great holiday season.

Edited by fishbrando

Why not post his photo so the next tome I'm in BKK I can hunt him down and shove him UP the escalator!

why not post his own pic so whe he pushes again when he is late for his salad, we know who to smack on the head

Regarding your desired smackdown: you may want to take your own advice regarding avoiding comeuppance due to antagonizing others.

Cheers and best wishes for your 2016.

Why not post his photo so the next tome I'm in BKK I can hunt him down and shove him UP the escalator!?

Thanks for the support mate. As much as I'd love to see him get his comeuppance, posting his pic would definitely go against my jai yen yen resolution for 2016.

Happy 2016!

I am just a random guy on the internet and could be lying about the whole thing.

That would be my guess.

Why would someone make a story like this up?

Happy holidays, and yes, those were my thoughts as well. I suppose it might be a good story for a troll to make up, but I'm not a known troll...or am I??

Op, you're not in your home country

Be careful as a bullet or beating won't cost much

This episode has hopefully taught you a lesson

Calm down please

Take things slower

You're certainly right about the bullet or beating...those are pretty easy to come by in this country. Lesson learned. Happy New Year!

Two things I'm confused about:

1) For him to smack you like that you would have had to hit him pretty hard. Hard to bump into somebody that hard and not know it.

2) Who was he and how does that make it OK for him to smack you?

Edited by Rob13

Hitting you like he did was tantamount to assault.

You can't let people take the pi55 and you were right to pull him on it.

Thanks for the support. Yeah it was battery alright though honestly it was no big deal. I would have been madder if he had spit on me (also battery).

It's a fine balance. On the one hand, as you said, you don't want to just let bullies do whatever they want and get away with their bad behavior. OTOH, health and living another day is nice too.

Happy holidays and new year!

Two things I'm confused about:

1) For him to smack you like that you would have had to hit him pretty hard. Hard to bump into somebody that hard and not know it.

2) Who was he and how does that make it OK for him to smack you?

1) I honestly don't remember bumping into anyone that hard. Either he took my slight bump as an insult, or it was much harder for him than it was for me, or someone else hit him and he thought I did it.

2) I don't know who he was, but I know what he was...

Cheers and happy holidays!

You sound like a very aggressive and confrontational person.

You will not last long in Thailand.

Maybe the safe thing for you is to get out now.

Before the next one, who may follow up...if this one doesn't do it first.

Life is cheap here and the life of a foreigner is even cheaper,

The police do not care ( he hung himself with his hands tied behind his back. case closed! )

Good luck with that attitude.

Edited by willyumiii

Why not post his photo so the next tome I'm in BKK I can hunt him down and shove him UP the escalator!?

Thanks for the support mate. As much as I'd love to see him get his comeuppance, posting his pic would definitely go against my jai yen yen resolution for 2016.

Happy 2016!

As he would like to see you get yours...he may be working on it right now..

Revenge is often served cold and by groups in Thailand.

I would at least leave town for a while.

Maybe the country!

Hitting you like he did was tantamount to assault.

You can't let people take the pi55 and you were right to pull him on it.

Thanks for the support. Yeah it was battery alright though honestly it was no big deal. I would have been madder if he had spit on me (also battery).

It's a fine balance. On the one hand, as you said, you don't want to just let bullies do whatever they want and get away with their bad behavior. OTOH, health and living another day is nice too.

Happy holidays and new year!

Define bullies.

Does pushing and shoving your way down the sidewalk fit that definition?

You sound like a very aggressive and confrontational person.

You will not last long in Thailand.

Maybe the safe thing for you is to get out now.

Before the next one, who may follow up...if this one doesn't do it first.

Life is cheap here and the life of a foreigner is even cheaper,

The police do not care ( he hung himself with his hands tied behind his back. case closed! )

Good luck with that attitude.

Uffff here we go.

Psychoanalysis by TVF curmudgeon

f391ead1d0d401f0734a5a1170daa2ea.jpg

A guy smacks you in the head and you go after him. Sounds pretty normal to me. The OP cooled off before the situation blew up,seems level headed enough. I see no problem here.

Edited by Rob13

I am just a random guy on the internet and could be lying about the whole thing.

That would be my guess.
Why would someone make a story like this up?

Happy holidays, and yes, those were my thoughts as well. I suppose it might be a good story for a troll to make up, but I'm not a known troll...or am I??

Because it sounds like BS and makes you out as tough guy?

I'm calling BS

The OP's aggressive and pushy attitude is a heart attack waiting to happen. Or a well deserved beatdown. All that aggravation for a salad!

Jai yen. Go with the flow. You're not in your home country anymore, but you're new to city life so learn to get along with others.